Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goal length

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goal length
    Posted: July 25 2006 at 5:54pm
Miriam ( for future reference my daughter ) is currently growing her locks ou to fingertip length her intermediate goals are BSL, waist, tailbone, & classic. I was just wondering how long would ya'll grow your hair( Miri's goal is one long braid) and what in your opinion's are the best things for your hair??
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by SugarCube SugarCube wrote:

Miriam ( for future reference my daughter ) is currently growing her locks ou to fingertip length her intermediate goals are BSL, waist, tailbone, & classic. I was just wondering how long would ya'll grow your hair( Miri's goal is one long braid) and what in your opinion's are the best things for your hair??

How long would I grow my hair?  I suppose there is no limit to the length, depending on the circomestances.  Although I love ultra long hair on a lot of people, I probably won't grow mine that long.

The best thing for my hair is keeping a good distance between me and any stylist who thinks most women should wear short hair. 
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 7:14am
Mid thigh length is the max for me.  I greatly respect everyone who has the patience for longer than that, but I don't think that's going to be me.  I guess I'll see when I get there. 

Best things as in hair products, or hair accessories?  I have a hair safe website in my signature if you need to make some hair safe accessories.  Products though, I don't think I know 2 people here who use all the same products!  They are a very individual choice for what works best on your hair.  Are you growing yours out too, or only your daughter?

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 3:41pm
for Miri the best thing for her hair are braids and updos.
also turning a deaf ear on anyone who discourages her to grow her hair long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:34pm
Hi Sugarcube,

How long would I grow my hair?  The answer is contained within my signature picture.

The best thing to preserve the condition of long hair is gentle care (rule number one!).  Consider the stresses to your tresses when doing such things as cleaning and straightening it... and the things which tangle it, and what things can be done to reduce or eliminate tangles -- the braid & bun suggestions you offer are excellent in that regard.

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 2:17pm
I am at just about 30" and loving it the longer the better.  I'm thinking another foot although seeing Dave and Longhaired 1 gets me thinking of the super length.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 9:58pm
Well, my goal length has no limit. I am just going to let it grow with a few trims every now and then.
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 4:46am
My goal length is to be able to sit on it. After that I'll decide whether I want to cut it to hip length or grow it even longer.

Right now it's an inch or two past bsl.
chitraa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chitraa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 8:29pm
hi,
growing hair , better to keep it really long, say thigh/calf/knee length.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 12:27am
I don't know exactly how long I will let it get. I know my goal right now is to reach my tailbone.
AS far as what to use, gentle shampoos, if any, condition, condition, and condition. Vitamins are a must. A diet high in protein will help to.As well as salmon oils( or fish oil) or flax oils. 

Alisa06 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 1:02pm
my goal length  to get is lower back.  currently at BSL

Edited by babycheeks24 - January 13 2007 at 1:03pm
Babycheeks
curlylocke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlylocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 11:17am
barring any possible terminal length issues, i'd love to grow my hair down to my lower back/tailbone area.
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 1:23pm

My goal is to make it look tailbone length without pulling it straight.  That means about 3-4 inches to go.

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 4:16pm
Hairbraider-
Wow!!! 3-4 inches!!! Good for you. Do have a current picture? I have to say that I am a little envious, but in agood way.Wink

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 4:30pm

You can see pics of my growth journey on my hair space.  Most recent pics are from last summer.  It still looks close to that now.  (my avatar pic is from '05)

sarah
40 inches
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 4:47pm
Hairbraider, it is so beautiful! My curl shape is almost the same as yours.I have a layer on the top that goes almost straight , though. It drives me nuts! 

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 4:54pm
Embarrassed Thanks Alisa!  I do have to try hard to keep the top layer of hair from going straight.  I think that's something most curlies experience because it's the most exposed part.
sarah
40 inches
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 6:46pm
Interesting... I am going to try the lime juice you mentioned before. I have noticed that the more I do n ot brush, the curlier it gets.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 10:33pm
I want to grow my hair up to my waist first  after that I don' know. I barly have it bsl. :( I get so jealous when I see girls with long hair. Confused
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 8:35am
Is it me, or is long hair coming "back "? Mabye it is just were I live, but the past few months I am seeing more and more young girls/ teenagers with pretty long hair. Some with hair to their waist. IMO, it is about time! he he 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic