Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goal length

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2007 at 6:10pm
oh my gosh Brit that is horrible. How did you find out ? I would be mortified if everyone knew I had lice. I always try to wear my hair up because I'm scared of getting lice.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2007 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by xBritxBratx93x xBritxBratx93x wrote:

I have been having some really bad dandruff lately, so I am going to have to soak my hair in selsun blue for the next few weeks..does anyone know if selsun blue is bad for your hair?

Don't soak your hair in selsun blue.  Apply this stuff at the roots only, massage well, then rinse out.

I don't know about your tap water quality, but if it's hard (slightly alkaline), you may benefit from a diluted vinegar rinse.  I use 1-2 tbsp in 16 ounces of water and pour it slowly onto my scalp after rinsing out the conditioner.  This helps restore a slightly acidic pH to the scalp, and may help reduce scalp itchiness and flakiness.

Hope this helps! Smile
xBritxBratx93x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 6:52pm
Thanks Dave I will more than likely try the Selsun blue and then if that doesn't do any justice I will do the diluted vinegar rinse....thanks again.

Lola-Well, I had heard some people talking about it, but I just ignored it. Then I went down to the nurses office to get some tylenol because I was having a really bad headache and I overheard them talking with her and her mother. It's sad really because she had some beautiful, long, curly blonde hair.
silvergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 4:03am
my goal is classic length.. i have along ways to go.
http://public.fotki.com/louisvuittongurl/
[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/emgurl1234/nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg" />
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 1:08pm
my goal is 30 inches. I have 4 more inches to go . yay. my hair is taking forever to grow :S . i dont know what to do .
tomorrowperfume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomorrowperfume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 5:02pm

I'm at about 30 inches, but it only ended up this long because about three years ago I got sick of my long hair and chopped it off at the ponytail. After that, I just stopped getting it cut. Then, about two months ago, I looked in the mirror and realized that I finally have long hair! Almost waist length, actually. What length is classic?

30 inches; 2a/M/iii
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 10:17am
as long as it will grow knee or longer floor.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 10:56am
My goal length is classic--I measured, and that will be about 46 inches for me!  I still have a ways to go...

31"!!
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 2:52am
I had a mishap at the hairdressers about 3 years ago where he cut my BSL hair up to my chin when I wanted a trim. I was so devasted. From then on I vowed to grow it long because I alwats wanted long hair. Fast forward three years and I've reached beyond my goal length without even realizing it, mid-back. Now that I've reached a bit more than my goal length, I want to grow it even longer. I'm not sure how much longer though because it seems everytime I reach a new length I only want more lol. I guess I'll just play it by ear. Don't think I'll ever want to go past waist length though. It's not for me.
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2007 at 10:38pm

I got a haircut today Confused .I asked for a trim and they ended up cutting three inches! grrr... Im kind of mad because my hair takes forever to grow , but I'm happy because they cut the v off and made it blunt. I guess its good that I did , right? I was getting tired of that sharp V.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 4:52am
Lola! Sorry to hear they trimmed off more than you had asked. Ouch On the plus side, you were tired of the sharp V "hem" line.  It all gets better from here.  And good luck on your search for a respectful stylist -- I know it isn't easy to find a good one.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 10:45am
My sister-in-law keeps trieing to tell me to try her stylist. She swears up and down that she won't " butcher"  my hair. A mom in my preschool this year is a stylist, and from what I have heard, she is really good. They just moved here from the next big city, but people have gone to her salon, so she has gotten quite a good rep.
 I just have had so many of them tell me how they understand what I want and how I am nervous because I don't want very much taken off, .... just to have them decide what is best for my hair, and cut anywhere fro 3 to ( the last go around) 8-12 inches off!Angry
 I would absolutly love to find one that I could trust. It would save me soooo much time triming my own hair. But...my hair is now at 35 in, and how does one decide weather the new stylist can be trusted or not, And do I really want to bet with my hair? Just some thoughts that have been going through my head latley.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 12:47pm
My goal length is to the floor.
Shannon D. Bax
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 2:38pm
I love this post. I hope to grow my hair to my butt so I have to move it when I sit down. I cannot wait
cwa14n3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwa14n3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 7:48pm
Remember the barber/stylist makes money cutting long hair short. Be firm state you want 1/2" off the ends, not say, "Not too short" or " just make it look pretty". You give them permission to chop your hair! The client PAYS their salary. Their have a license to cut hair. Like getting your 1st learners permit upgraded to solo. It is not a Professional University degree like an Civil Engineer, Military Officer or Medical Doctor. It is a vocation technology degree. Not that they cannot do a great job of taking care of your hair, but they sell HAIRCUTS, PERMS and COLOR JOBS! Long hair care is NOT a core competency! It is not a money maker. A good person will honor you as a person and do no harm. But they are not trained to be your long hair care professional. They practice and learn to cut hair SHORT! That is what they are told to push and sell. It makes them more money. Telling your barber you want to grow your hair really long is a challenge for them to explain why they bobbed your mid back hair when you asked for a 1/2 inch trim. "OOPS, I cut it short by MISTAKE" with an evil laugh. "OOPS" I keyed you new car, told your boyfriend that you were screwing your customers, now had Syphilis and than ran over your puppy!
Would you accept that was an " Oops mistake"? Probably not...
I have been a "hair guy" for over 20 years. No money made, but I have trimmed mid thigh length hair and taught several guy friends how to trim their lady's mane. Not hard, but the hair nazis get their undies in a knot when a long haired lady walks by, they lose useful idiot customers that wish they could be pretty and realize the barber is no help to them, after tearful self examination.
Just Me
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 3:29pm
To all of you readers:

Yeah, I know what you mean lola.  I get jealous too when I see other girls with pretty long hair but I have to think and remember when I used to have very long hair as a kid too.  I used to have very long hair as to down to the middle of my back.  Over the years dumb me had chopped it off.  Now, I am wanting it all back, and even longer.

Now, to answer the question how long will I let my hair  grow.  I will probably let it grow no longer than my hips.  Or, the lower hem of my butt.  Now, when I was a kid of younger, and i used to always tell my mother that I wanted hair as long as little pass my butt she said, "You can't ever grow hair that long,"  and I thought to myself...I don't believe that.  You see, I had an aunt on my dad's side of the family that had hair that long when she was a kid but just before I was born she chopped it all off.  She said that it was entirely too much trouble to take of, and til' this day I have not seen her with hair that long.  My mother always told me that she used to wear her in a BIG plait or braid that was a long as to her butt, and I'm sure whenever she took it down i would reach to a little as her thighs.  Because, as far as I know that ponytails, braids, and plats do take up a lot of hair.

I also do have to say that people like my mom and grandmother don't believe that my hair can't grow that long.  They believe that I didn't take genes after my aunt or dad, and I don't believe the same thing that they do.  I totally believe that I did take my genes after my father.  I look like him, my hair is just about curly like his ,and I took my complexion after him.  I wish that I could send you a pic of my hair, my mom's hair, and my grandmother's hair so that you can see what I am talking about.  They both think my hair can only grow to a nice certain length like maybe a little passed the shoulder blades but that is not even the case.   I honestly don't think my grandma remembers how long my hair used to be as a kid.  I don't think she even remembers it being down to the middle of my back.  Because, my mom asked her one day, and i don't even here her respond back to my mom about it.  But she sure remembers combing it though.  But she doesn't remember how long it is.  That just doesn't make any sense to me.

I think if my mother and grandmother doesn't think that i took hair genetics after my father and aunt they are envy of me or jealous because their hair can't ever grow that long.  And my mom claimed she tried hard letting my hari grow that long but I don't really don't believe that she tried hard enough.  I honestly think as far as trying to let it grow out to my butt she would often trim it every 2 months calling herself trimming away the dead ends or split ends, and half the time I don't think that I had that much of a bad case of split ends or dead ends.  Even though ever since i was a kid my mom strarted relaxing my hair with relaxers.  Because, my hair is so very thick, and it seemed that every time she would trim it it looked like she would trim off and inch or 2 calling herself getting rid of deads or split ends, and also evening it up, and she would do that every 2 months.

I honestly think that she was cutting off more length than anything.  Instead of just leaving it alone, and letting it grow, and only doing the Search and Destroy method.  When I was a child my hair was always in good health.  Because. i was noly relaxing it.  No coloring or dyes.  Plus, my mom had said that she didn't even like extremely long hair all the day to your butt or hips.  What she likes is from BSL on down to the waist, and that's it.  I also have a female cousin on my dad's side of the family that can grow hair down her hips but she had chopped it all off nowadays, and is wearing it to a little passed her shoulder blades.  oh, she is a long hair lover but I'm not sure if she likes waist length or hip length hair or not.  But up until the 1990's when I graduated from high school she had grown her hair down her hips, and I never knew that she could ever have hair that long but she did.  I told my mother about it, and she was also very shocked about it.  She said, "I never saw Ronnie with hair that long," and I also said, "Me neither."

I just had to share my hair story with you all.  Thanks for reading.  Let me know what do you think of all of this?

Shannon D. Bax
AutumnLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutumnLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2012 at 6:47pm

Since I decided to grow my hair out really long this time my original goal was knees.  Then I changed it to classic.  Now I'm not sure...lol  I may let it grow to my ankles.

I've had some really bad haircuts over my lifetime.  Once upon a time I had it tailbone length and strawberry blonde.  My natural color, as you might have already guessed is a brownish shade of red.  With that particular shade of blonde I called it whiplash blonde...lol Because the less cultured guys that I worked with at the time would give themselves whiplash when they saw my hair down. Now it is totally natural.  I haven't had a haircut in nearly 3 years.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2012 at 10:23pm
My hair is at waist length right now, I think I want it below my butt but no longer than that since it is naturally curly and takes a lot of work to flat iron when I do decide to do it.
AutumnLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutumnLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2012 at 6:56am
Ladies (and gents), the best thing you can do for your hair is to stop using heat on it in any way. It is extremely damaging.  If you have curly hair learn to love your curls.  Don't be swayed by the dictates fashion.
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 4:44pm
Hi AutumnLocks!  Welcome to the forum!
Shannon D. Bax
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic