Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goal length

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 12:30pm
I think it is coming back. I see a lot of girls at my school with extensions. I always thought long hair was sooo pretty and still do .
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

Is it me, or is long hair coming "back "? Maybe it is just were I live, but the past few months I am seeing more and more young girls/ teenagers with pretty long hair. Some with hair to their waist. IMO, it is about time! he he 

Hallelujah, sing it, sister! Big%20smile

From what I've seen around here, hair that is at least shoulder-blade length seems to be quite popular, with longer lengths (to hip-length) not uncommon.
juliap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 9:01pm
I want a little longer then midback length.  That would be sooo pretty.
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 10:46pm
I do see a come back of long hair.  The style has been so short for so long, it's nice to see.

I'm at tailbone length, and like Hellfrozeover, I want to be able to sit on it.  So, maybe five or six inches (considering MY butt LOL)
Jen, (1a/f/ii)
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 10:52pm
I had a cousin who was able to sit on it and she cut it a little over her bra strap. Her parents never took her to get a hair cut up until now that she is 17. I asked her if she missed her hair and she said no . oh my gosh gypsy doll im soo jealous of your hair length . I'm trying to do all these things to at least grow it to my waist. I doubt it will grow longer because of genes. my mothers hair doesnt grow much . it grows a little over her shoulders .
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 8:25am

My current goal is to my tail bone. It was to my waist before it got cut, and let  me tell you, i miss it sooooo much. My six year old daughter wants to grow hers to her knees!Thumbs%20UpI figure that if I started teaching her how to take care of it now, buy the time it gets longer, she will know how to take care of it. It is just past her shoulders now.

I keep seeing long hair on younger girls, ( well teenaged). And from what I am seeing, it looks like they are taking care of it to. I have been, " out of style"for so long it feels kind of funny to have any "in" style.
  I am the only girl of 5 kids, and all of my brothers have stated at one time or another, that they really love long hair. I have been told that they talk about my hair when I am not around. In fact, I saw them right after it got cut, and two actually made discusted looking faces when they saw it. My husband loves long hair also. I mention this because, I wonder if men expresing themselves more about long hair has anything to do with the current trend? 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 10:52am
That's great that you're teaching her now!  I wish my mom had known these things so she could've taught me.  There's no telling where my hair would be now if I'd started truly caring for it 20 years ago! lol

Smile I have one more brother and one more sister than you do.  And all 5 of my brothers love long hair!  Especially the 3 youngest.  I attribute that to the fact that the younger ones had 3 long-haired "mama's" (mom, me, and my sister) taking care of them all the time.... lots of long hair to get their little fingers tangled in.  One would actually grab a handful of hair before sucking his thumb, like a security blanket.

Anyway, yeah it seems like men are getting more bold about expressing their love of long hair on women.  But I really don't know if it has anything to do with the current trend.  From my experience, the women/girls still have the attitude of "I don't care what he says, I'll do it the way I want."  But the celebrities seem to have finally grasped the idea of long hair being so incredibly alluring.  And the girls are just following them.  That's my 2 cents.

Edited by hairbraider - March 09 2007 at 10:53am
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 2:06pm
Yah, good point. Girls do deffinetly follow the celebs. We kids used to twirl my hair between their fingers while nursing. I have a 10 & 8 year old sons and they both said they did not like my hair shorter.

I ment to say that "MY" kids used to twirl my hair between their fingers while nursing. Oops! Embarrassed

Edited by Alisa06 - March 13 2007 at 9:09am
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 4:35pm
Yes, I think guys love girls with long hair. This is one of the main reasons why I'm letting my hair grow because of my boyfriend.
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 4:51pm
I'm excited Tonguei just measured my hair and its 25 inches Clap I just need 6 more inches for it to reach my waist ! I don't know if I measure it correctly but I think I did . So yay 6 more inches.
ChocoholicBec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChocoholicBec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 3:07am
How long do I want to get it? As long as I can! At the moment, when it's dry, it's about an inch below the bottom of my bra strap. Wet, it's almost down to my waist! (And about time too, I've been growing it from shoulder-length since I was twelve...) I'm hoping to get it at least to my hips, if not longer.
It's about twenty-five inches when dry (as of March 10, 2007), if you wanted to know.

By the way, I don't think long hair's coming back at all where I live... it's unfortunate. Almost everyone's hair is shoulder-length or shorter.

Edited by ChocoholicBec - April 01 2007 at 12:24am
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 3:37am
I had mine a little below waist-length for a short time. It annoyed me when it would accidentally get tucked in my pants, etc.. It just seemed to get caught on more things at that length. So above waist-length seems to work best for me.
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Sunsailing Sunsailing wrote:

I had mine a little below waist-length for a short time. It annoyed me when it would accidentally get tucked in my pants, etc.. It just seemed to get caught on more things at that length. So above waist-length seems to work best for me.
My sister-in-law said the same thing.  She said she'd never grow her hair longer than waist.  She kept it that length (just above waist) all while we were teenagers, but has now cut it up to a shoulder-length flip. Unhappy
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 9:04am
yeah like almost everybody has long hair or hair at least to their shoulder only a few people have hair in a bob and they don't get many hair compliments oh and lola your hair is gorgeous
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 7:45pm
Thank you SugarCube Smile.
xBritxBratx93x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 5:38pm
I agree with most here. I think girls are starting to like the long hair trend or at least they are trying to grow it out.

Most girls at my school have longer hair, I think the longest is my friend Makayln and she has to her lower back almost waist lenght.

I love that its coming back!

Mine is maybe a half and inch or and inch longer than Lola32's so have about the same amount to go as you Lola!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 2:30pm

I hope everyone is having success with their hair goals and my new goal is waist length only. i couldn't handle it after that though i admire those who can

xBritxBratx93x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 2:14pm
I am hoping to have waist length hair by August of this year. Right now my hair is about 25.5" or so. I want to have that length for the beach...I hope I can do it!

Edited by xBritxBratx93x - March 16 2007 at 2:15pm
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 1:10am
i measured my hair and its 25.5 . I dont know if its from HF37 or not. I really don't like the length of my hair. I hope that HF37 will help it grow faster because I'm getting a little impatient. I get impatient because I see all these girls with beautiful long hair . oh well .
Army Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Army Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 9:22am
Knee length and beyond!!!  I know that is years from now but I am determined.  OK so I need some advice....should I get trims??
Lori
1bCiii
hennahead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic