Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confused - Are Chandeliers In or Out?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bratty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bratty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused - Are Chandeliers In or Out?
    Posted: July 26 2006 at 4:22pm
I see them from time to time on celebs - or at least they look like chandeliers to me - but not sure if they are the hottest style right now.

If they are out, what are the top hot earring styles right now?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 5:15pm
My humble opinion is that earrings, accessories and overall fashion  is at a turning point.  The trend is not whether chandeliers are in or out, it is more how a look is personalized.  So if you look good in chandeliers and it is part of your personal style or the way you like to create your own unique look w/mix and match of trends then they can work magnificently. 

Personal style is the new fashion trend.  Head to to designer style is out.

Look at the fashionistas that the media dotes on, Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson, Sarah Jessica Parker, they all mix and match couture with fun and personal style.

Of course this is just my opinion.  :-)
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Personal style is the new fashion trend.

I think that is what is so exciting!  If you don't like bell bottoms or any other fashion, no problem, just don't wear them and instead wear what you like. 
Longhaired Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhaired Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 4:54am
I have seen more chandelier earrings recently on women, than I did a few years ago. They can look nice with a formal evening dress, and either a short hairstyle on a lady, or her hair in an updo, if she wears long hair.
I don't believe they ever completely went out of style.
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 4:41pm
I agree with Karen. You should wear what suits you and your style. I've loved turqouise since I was 12 and I've always worn it. When it became popular, people suddenly thought I was trendy, and now that it's died down I'm decidedly not trendy. :) Like I care. ;)
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

My humble opinion is that earrings, accessories and overall fashion  is at a turning point.  The trend is not whether chandeliers are in or out, it is more how a look is personalized.  So if you look good in chandeliers and it is part of your personal style or the way you like to create your own unique look w/mix and match of trends then they can work magnificently. 

Personal style is the new fashion trend.  Head to to designer style is out.

Look at the fashionistas that the media dotes on, Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson, Sarah Jessica Parker, they all mix and match couture with fun and personal style.

Of course this is just my opinion.  :-)

Thank you, Karen.  Fashion is fun but individual style is a work in progress, an art form, if you will.  And you put it so eloquently!  And it can carry over into so many aspects of life.

My chapeau is off to you, Lady Karen; well said!

strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 9:23pm
I also agree with Karen.

Those types of earrings with the right makeup and dress can be stunning!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic