Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cant find the right color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cant find the right color
    Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:34pm
cant find the right color for my skin (im mixed pic in the box) it either comes out to light or to dark does anyone know a product that would work for me?
Babycheeks
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 9:26pm
Hi, the right color of any kind of cosmetics, or something specific, like a foundation?
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 9:24pm
foundation and powder.
Babycheeks
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by babycheeks24 babycheeks24 wrote:

foundation and powder.

Ah, well, welcome to the club! 

Those things are the most important to get an exact skin match, yet extremely hard to do for many, me included.

Not only do you need the right color but you need the right kind for your face (oily, dry, blemish-prone, etc) and the right formulation for application (heavier for night or stage, but probably matte for most of us).

So...trying to match all three in one bottle is the challenge.

Honestly, I think about the only thing you can do is try, try, try until you find one.  The great news is that you can almost always get testers to bring home from department stores!  I'd really suggest that rather than judging in the store lighting so you can apply the foundation at home and see it in natural daylight.

If you don't have a great deal of money to spend, then you might ask what the return policy is at various discount and drugstores in the area.  Obviously, you want to try and match your skin color as best you can (which is very hard looking through a glass bottle with store lighting), but knowing that you can return it if it really doesn't work means you won't waste money on a product that doesn't work.

I wish I could be more help; sorry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic