Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How much should you walk a day?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much should you walk a day?
    Posted: July 26 2006 at 11:19pm
Yesterday I walked/ran a mile and today I walked a mile and a half. Is this a good amount of exerscise?
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 1:03pm
Physicians say that you should get an hours worth of activity a day...I usually stick to my own intuition...I keep going but when I start to feel like I can go home and be proud of how much work I did... that's when I leve
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Precious Girl Precious Girl wrote:

Yesterday I walked/ran a mile and today I walked a mile and a half. Is this a good amount of exerscise?

I think it's a good start!  To get the full effects of exercise for your heart, however, you need at least 30 minutes of continual exercise. 

A person who's in moderately good shape should be able to run a mile in 10-11 minutes, so three miles a day would give your heart a good workout.  If you can't do that yet, it's best not to overexert yourself.  Everyone starts somewhere, and you just work your way up to your goal.
rubertnrubert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubertnrubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 5:53pm
Walking is the best exercise ever. In walking your all body parts get movement. You should walk aleast 30 to 45 minutes daily. Morning walk is good for all and beneficial for heart patients.
shanwallan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanwallan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 11:48am
Walking is the best exercise, which helps protect your health. Some benefits may include weight loss, advanced cardiovascular health. You have to go to morning walk every day.
jennyhomes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennyhomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 1:58pm
Walking is the best exercises. It is very helpful to reduce the weight and because of this you have feeling  very healthy and cool.
aftonheaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aftonheaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2011 at 11:56am
Walking is great because you do not need any special equipment to start doing it. This is the most natural movement, to all of us. ITIS a constant speed of movement, so you need to do at least 20 minutes to get a good income from it.
richarnrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richarnrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2011 at 6:09am
Walking is the best exercise ever.  Morning walk is good for all and beneficial for heart patients. In walking your all body parts get movement. You should walk aleast 30 to 45 minutes daily.
monicawebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monicawebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 4:31pm
I think thats a good amount of walking per day. I've heard it's really good for you :)
sparkbond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkbond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 12:51pm
Waking is the best exercise for maintain the better health and maintain good stamina.Morning exercise is the best exercise.Morning walk is good for all and beneficial for heart patients. i think we all should waking 30 to 40 minute daily.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic