Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How many earrings do you wear?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
TMortis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMortis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 10:26am
I hope your boyfriend realized how rare you are. Maybe I just attract the wrong kind of woman, but the ones I know are all pretty much male is male and feminine side is off limits.
Tommi
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 11:04pm
Why do you consider earrings to just be feminine? Men have worn them for centuries.
TMortis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMortis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 8:34am

I DON'T. But she does. Men have short tapered hair and no facial hair.  women have earrings, longer hair and let's face it, in my estimation all the fun, which she doesn't approve of. She painted my toenails one night after a liitle too much wine. I loved it, and the color was nice.  She wanted it off the next morning. i left it on and she was not happy. Same thing when she has set my hair, when she has a little too much then as soon as we are done, it is done.  I guess i have to keep her in wine. LOL>

Tommi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 5:12pm
You apparently live in an isolated area. In many places these days, all kinds of masculine men have long hair or earrings or both. Many feminine women have short hair. Most women wear earrings, but they don't have to if they don't want to. Women wear both skirts and jeans. If a man looks masculine, he will be masculine no matter his hair length. The same with a woman. Many ladies look feminine with short hair. Hair length has nothing to do with it. Most women are feminine.

Edited by Carolredskirt - October 10 2006 at 5:14pm
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 12:52am
I've seen very feminine  bald women - cancer survivors.  And very masculine men who can sit on their hair.  Hair, jewelry, fashion......it's not important.  It's 'what's inside' that counts.  And which set of X-chromosomes one is born with....Be true to yourself.  Be happy.
She Creatures Unite......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 2:18pm
There are many beautiful bald women with alopecia. I should know, I am bald with alopecia universalis myself, and have been since childhood (I'm 36 nowadays). I usually wear wigs and scarves in public, but often go bald at home with my fiancee and my children. When I do go bald in public, if I have my makeup on, earrings, and am dressed feminine, I get various looks, some better than others, but I also get compliments.
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 11:13pm
I admire you very much.  I always though if I shaved my head, I wouldn't be so 'hair style' competitive.  Seems my whole life (58 yrs) I've been obsessed with never having a 'bad hair' day.  My hair has always been long because I enjoy wearing barrettes and things, but it's been a constant excess of time and worry.  I went from blonde to gray and now I finally like my hair (most days).  I even thought that if ALL women were bald (like that singer in the 80's)(or Rigley in Alien 3) we could focus on more important things and be a stronger breed.  You must have had your share of stares.  I also get them because I have many tattoos and a ton of earrings.    Society isn't quite ready for women who are different.  But eventually it will be cool when all the young people of today are running the government, with an open mind.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 2:50am
Thank you were your kind and thoughtful words. Much appreciated.

Believe me, there are just as many men who are attracted to bald women, assuming she is pretty and feminine, as there are men attracted to other styles on ladies. I never had a problem meeting men who were attracted to me. I dated plenty. Alopecia Universalis hasn't been a problem for me. I believe in bald is beautiful.
I am divorced with three wonderful kids (who all have full, healthy heads of hair, most children of alopecians have hair, assuming that only one parent has alopecia), and am with a handsome guy.
If you are interested in this, check out the BOLDISBEAUTIFUL.COM website. A fashion website for bald women, who have alopecia or shave their heads.

Edited by Carolredskirt - October 15 2006 at 3:01am
nikki_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 12:27am
i have my ears pierced from my lobes all the way up. i have a total of 15 in each ear, including all the various cart. piercings. i keep jewerly in them most of the time
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 5:33pm
WOW...you've got me beat.  My nine holes have double or triple earrings so I have about 22 earrings on each ear.  No cartilage piercings.  I do have a monroe lip piercing.  What is that part of the ear by the face that is right by the cheek bone?  I thought about getting that done.  Do you have one there?  Brushing my hair sometimes causes me to lose earrings but it's OK . 
I pierced my pit bull puppy's ear.  He's had it for 10 years.  It's high up on his ear and he wears a 14 gage hoop.  People love it.  I'm in the process of piercing my girl friends puppy.  They don't feel it as the ear has very little sensation. 
nikki_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 9:55am
What is that part of the ear by the face that is right by the cheek bone?  I thought about getting that done.  Do you have one there?

tragus? yes i do. i love the way they look. i only got mine done because my sister had gotten hers done first.
Julie30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 5:46pm
I have each ear lobe pierced three times. Usually I wear just one pair of earrings.
Julie
TMortis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMortis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 12:11pm
Carol- i have wanted to respond, but computer crashed and other stuff.  Anyway- i agree that regardless of hair length a man can look masculine with earrings. And vice Versa a woman in pants and no earrings and short hair can look very fem.  But some people, my wife included, feel earrings and longer hair are strictly a feminine quality. I disagree. If i came home with an earring, I really think she would come home with a lawyer.
Tommi
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2007 at 9:01am
I have my left and right tragus pieced.   a stud in my left nostril.  both ear lobes pierced three times, but I only wear earrings in the first holes.  one cartlige piercing and my bellybutton

years ago I had ten piercing in my left ear and nine in my right
TMortis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMortis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 10:23am
I find it so sexy to see the tragus pierced. Two holes in each ear and a nice little stud there.  I also love a small hope in the upper ear on the outside.  Very sexy
Tommi
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 9:48pm
My best friend has worn tiny gold hoops for almost all her life. Her first were given to her by her godfather at her baptism, and she never wears other styles.

Ironically, I had piercings done, but between allergies and plain old 'IT ITCHES', they ended up closing. And the earrings for unpierced ears hurt as they squeeze my lobes.
Oh, well. Guess eventually I'll just have to suck it up and do it. 
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
LadyinDiamonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyinDiamonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 9:01am
my jewelry___One pair of earrings. One nosestud, left nostril. One monroe. Both breast nipples.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2008 at 8:04am
I have 2 holes in each ear. I usually always wear stud in back and small hoop in front. Now that I'm letting my hair grow I bought some big hoops and dangling earings.
AngelaTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelaTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 8:42pm
Just a pair of earrings.
sara201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 4:25am
I have my ears pierced 3 times in each ear lobe, and my nipples pierced, I am thinking about getting more piercings in my ears possible all the way up each ear do you ladies have any advice. thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic