Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Serum Disaster! Help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chermie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chermie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Serum Disaster! Help!!!
    Posted: July 31 2006 at 7:51am
Hi,

so my mum brought this newly launched brand of hair serum home and I became the guinea pig. Last wednesday evening, I washed and dried my hair, applied the serum and went to bed. And woke up the next day with an oily scalp and face, and hideous looking hair. I thought a good wash would fix the problem but it did not and on friday, I went to the salon hoping to get it sorted out. The hairdresser said she's never seen this kind of situation before and that perhaps she could try wash it off. She scrubbed and rinsed and scrubbed and rinsed my hair for like 5 times or so but the serum is still on my hair!!!

It was then that i found out from my mum that it's "one pump" and not "three pumps" of the serum. And you're supposed to use the serum only once a week. She got 2 different products mixed up. I'm asian, with really short hair (pixie short just growing). So I did the math and figured that my hair's got an overdose of serum.

Normal shampoo (for instance Clairol Herbal Essence) makes my hair really dry and frizzy, so I've been using 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner (Rejoice). Now, Rejoice makes my hair clumpy and oily and sticky and frizzy and gross!!! And Clairol makes my hair clumpy and sticky and dry!!! I don't really know how to describe it, that's the best I could!!!

It's been 5 days and it's really stressing me out.

How do I remove the serum from my hair?? Suggestions? Anyone?

Edited by chermie - July 31 2006 at 7:54am
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 11:07am
Wow that sucks. In my opnion you have two options
a) cut hair to its healthiest point or
b) trim 1/2 and inch a month to remove damage without losing much length

HTH
chermie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chermie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 7:41pm
thanks for the reply sugar cube..

hmm.. it's been 2 weeks and i've trimmed my hair twice..

i've tried washing my hair using lemon (an advice from a friend) and i've steamed my hair.. doesn't work..

so yea.. i guess the only way to remove it would be to cut it off cm by cm since i've got a pixie cut and any shorter i'd be bald! :D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic