Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Matter of Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Matter of Etiquette
    Posted: September 19 2006 at 3:00pm
Well I know this is a little old but for anyone in the future wondering about the same thing. If the stylist actually asked before styling if you were happy with the cut and you replied, yes, then yes you would have to pay again. Unless the stylist is a friend of yours and you have been going to her for years. In that case most likely your offer of coming in with you hair washed and ready will most likely be accepted, and she will do it for you as a favor. But general etiquette is, if you expressed you were satisfied before exiting the salon, and changed your mind later, that is not the stylists fault. So the stylist should and has a right to charge again for the trim. I'm not a stylist myselft but my aunt is, and I have a friend who owns a prestigious salon in the caribean. For me, she would re-do it 30 times if I wanted to and not charge me a cent. For for regular clients, you can bet she will charge them. Anyway, I would like to know what ended up happening and if she was nice enough to do it without charging you again.
browneyedgirl83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyedgirl83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 11:34pm
I got a pretty signifacant hair cut today, and the stylist was great. She made sure we were on the same page, and that I liked what she was doing at various points in the haircut, ect.
After cutting my hair, she asked if I liked the length before styling it... and I hesitated, because it was a little bit longer than the picture I gave her, and the picture Ihad in my head... which I understand, because I am sure she didn't want to cut my (formerly) really long hair too short.
So when she asked if I'd like it shorter, I said no...
But now, after wearing my hair this evening, I really wish it was that inch shorter. Partially for how it would look , and partially because it is brushing my shoulders, and that annoys me, and it wouldn't if it were a little bit shorter.
Would it be uncouth if I called the salon tomorrow and asked if she had time to trim it up? Would I need to pay again? Is it ok to offer to come in with my hair washed and combed out to make it easier?
I just don't know the nicer salon rules!! A friend told me it was ok to go back tomorrow and I shouldn't be charged... but I want to make sure!

Advice? Opinions... especially from hairdressers... but any input is welcome!

Edited by browneyedgirl83 - August 01 2006 at 11:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic