Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

warm it up?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
browneyedgirl83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyedgirl83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: warm it up?
    Posted: August 02 2006 at 3:40pm
I have brown hair that is a nice, dark/medium color....
During the summer I normally get some nice golden tones to it, but I have been workying alot and not in the sun and my hair looks blah... I odn't want definitive hightlights... just a little... warmth and tone...how do I do this? (prefereably at home....)
living1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote living1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 12:12pm
I suggest purchasing an at home highlight kit.  Assuming your hair's not been bleached/dyed previously, you can go ahead and purchase any kit (There are highlight bleach products without ammonia to assist in avoiding further damage).  The kit should come with a neat little plastic cap with holes punched all over it so you may pull (with a hook - also included) selected strands out to be bleached over the cap which contains the remaining hair-not-to-be-bleached in a relatively safe fashion.  The only problem is that if you're not so careful you may accidentally bleach little bits  of the root hair beside the roots of the hair strands you're intending to dye.  Ideally though, this won't even happen at all, much less if it were to happen, it'd probably not be visible.  I've  used these treatments 3-5 times before and I've never had a problem with them.. even though I've read a few negative reviews on the process. 

Oh, and for the warmth and tone...  Hmm, well, the treatments you'll buy at the drugstore will lighten your hair *considerably*.  Maybe you want to go to Sally's or another beauty store and talk to a sales rep about what it is you want to do.  She will probably suggest you use a bleach packet, with a golden-blonde (maybe even something a bit darker...?) toner colourant, and a cap and hook... brush, and gloves...   But definately make sure you go to a beauty store and purchase a warm, brassy toner as opposed to using a storebought *kit* if you really want just more of a sun*kissed* glow.  Good luck and have fun! = )  Keep us posted! 

Edited by living1 - August 04 2006 at 12:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic