Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What to do with this hair? (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adam_ant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam_ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do with this hair? (pics)
    Posted: August 02 2006 at 8:04pm
what hair styles wouls suit me?

face picture

shows length

please help
shorthairissexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 11:15pm
You probably will get a lot of variety to your question.  Some will say don't do a thing it is beautiful the way it is.  Others will say to do an inverted bob and the list goes on ....
What do you want to do?  Do you want to cut it? change the style? How much do you want cut off?...
My opinion - while it is pretty hair, it is not a pretty style.  I never thought the excessive long, straight style really does much for anyone.   I think it distracts away from a person's face and body too much.
I would think getting a significant amount cut off (maybe you could donate to locks of love) and getting layers that will add movement and frame you better would be nice.  I'm thinking past your shoulders a couple of inches.
Well, that is my 2 cents worth.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 7:27am
Hi Adam Ant 

Originally posted by shorthairissexy shorthairissexy wrote:

You probably will get a lot of variety to your question.  Some will say don't do a thing it is beautiful the way it is.  Others will say to do an inverted bob and the list goes on .... What do you want to do?  Do you want to cut it? change the style?

He is correct.  Ultimately, the decision is yours, and only you can decide what is the best one for you.

If you decide to cut your hair, I would advise not donating it to locks of love because they sell or discard almost all of the hair they receive.

My opinion -- There are a lot of pretty styles you can achieve with your hair.  In my locale I see girls with hair like yours wearing any of a variety of updos (messy buns, sock buns, nape buns, etc), braids (mini-braids, pigtail braids, french braids, etc), alice bands... and the list goes on.  With hair like yours, variety is built-in.

HTH!
adam_ant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam_ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 8:49am
i dont know what i want to do yet, but i do want to cut it. i just dont know what would suit my face. say, i dont know, would a rounded bob suit my face? would cutting it above my shoulders suit my face?
also would bangs suit me?
shorthairissexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 3:59pm
I think the answer would be yes to all of your questions.  It looks like you have an oval face, which is considered the perfect shape - allows just about any style.
I suggest looking through magazines, internet sites, people and start narrowing down what you like and don't like.  With a smaller list to choose from you can start to worry about what might look good on you. 
With regard to Locks of Love, that has been an ongoing (sometimes nasty) debate on this site.  I suggest you research it yourself - if interested.
trekgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 7:46pm
I think you have amazing beautiful long hair. Perhaps a midback cut with long layers (shortest hair arm pit length) would look great with your face. This would add some movement without a major change. Then if you would like later on, you can try something else. This makes you very flexible without the long wait for regrowth.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 7:56am
Before you cut your hair list the pro's and cons of having short and long hair then give yourself two week to think about it if you have any doubt whatsoever DON'T DO IT. But if you really want short hair then by all means cut it. At the end of the day its your hair after all.
adam_ant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam_ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 7:03pm
i'm thinking of having something like this

i dont know if i dare do it just yet though. i'll be getting it done in about a month, so does anyone know of any updos i could do to my hair at the length it is now, because i havent got a clue and i want to experiment before i cut it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic