Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Payoffs of working hard!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Payoffs of working hard!
    Posted: August 04 2006 at 11:00pm
Hey everyone.I want to try to motivate everyone to keep at it.There is a light at the end of the tunnel.I gained alot of weight with my second child.With my first I only gained 25lbs..Granted I was sick with him.But with my youngest I gained 60lbs.That was alot for my small frame.60lbs plus my normal 125 you do the math.As you can imagine it didnt exactly all fall off after I gave birth.I only weighed 130 after but i had alot of fat on my body.My body had really gone downhill in nine months.

So anyhow I've been busting my butt for awhile now.I do cardio five days a week and and weights 3.I'm not on a restrictive diet.That just spells disaster.I would fail one of those after a week.So I decided instead to make better choices.I still eat what I want but in moderation.My biggest weakness is pepsi,lol.But I dont even keep those in my house anymore.Now I only have one when I go out.

But anyways,lol,I was getting really down cause i really didnt see any difference.I would measure and nothing changed.One time I measured wrong and I thougt I was bigger.I was starting to get unmotivated(not even sure if thats a real word).And then that all changed.I went to try on a dress I will be wearing as a bridesmaid for my SIL's wedding.I guess she thought I was bigger than I was cause it was a size 12.I normally wear between a 6 and 8.Depending whether its junior or adult sizes. So anyhow I tried it on and it was gigantic.Seriously it just a bout fell off me.I expected it to be a little big but it was rediculous.

So I just couldnt get over that giant dress.So I thought maybe I've lost weight so I decided to try on some of my own dresses.All are size 5/6.The first one was super baggy.The next the same.The more I tried on the more I realized hey I finally lost some weight.So I moved on to skirts then pants.I hadnt worn some of these pants for years.They all fit.Plus alot of my clothes were too big.I went from a size 9 pants to a size 5.That may not seem like much to some.But to me I felt like i just won the lottery.It was when I stopped measuring and weighing that it finally came off.I now have renewed motivation.The sky's the limit from here.Sorry for going on and on I'm just really excited.There were lots of times I wanted to give up.But I'm glad I didnt.So keep at it everyone.It takes awhile but it not pointless.It took me 9 months( minus one month for recovery from c-section).Good luck.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 5:29pm

Good for you girl, congratulations and keep up the good work!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic