Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trichologist or dermatologist for thinning hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trichologist or dermatologist for thinning hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trichologist or dermatologist for thinning hair?
    Posted: August 06 2006 at 7:40am
Hi guys and girls, 21 yo female with thinning hair (has been thinning for about the last 12 months).

Have had blood tests and everything is normal. Have been on antidepressants for the last 4 years (both of which can cause hair loss as a side effect).

Im hoping my hair will thicken up with time and no drugs, in the mean time would you suggest i go to a dermatologist or a trichologist for a 2nd opinion?

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 12:47pm
Definitly a Dermatologist. Doing a detox wouldn't hurt either. All that medication can cause hair problems. Try not to stress(that makes it worst) and start to eat healthy and taking vitamins. It will take a while of course for the hair to thicken again, but it should.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 11:50pm
OMG! just revisiting this post, I realize I gave you the wrong answer. I wanted to say a trichologist, not a dermatologist. The tricologist will be better able to give you an evaluation, and treatement, specially after finding out about what kind of meds you've been on. Sorry for the confusion the first time.

Much love, Shary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic