Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hard Water Effects on Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pkj049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pkj049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hard Water Effects on Hair
    Posted: August 07 2006 at 5:11pm
Does anyone else have problems with hard water? I have thick hair. When I was in the Caymen Islands recently, I noticed my hair was less poofy, and the curls were more managable. The humidity is just as bad where I live so I decided it has to be the water. Are there any others out there who have experienced this as well?
balenciagababe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balenciagababe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 12:25pm
yeah i live in FL and when i was in italy, my hair felt much softer. i think it's because of the hard water. you can try getting a filter. there's one by jonathan product at sephora.com for $95, but i think i've seen ones for $65 at amazon.com...and then theres always ebay!
Pkj049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pkj049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 1:40pm
I actually bought a showerhead with a filter in it from Lowe's the other day. It filters chlorine and softens the water. I can so far report it has made my hair seem easier to manage, and it dried faster as well. My waves and curls were a lot softer--less shampoo needed to lather as well.
The filter is easy to use--just unscrew the head and slip it into the showerhead. It is changed every 6 months, but I may change it more frequently depending on how the water feels.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 9:45am
yeah chlorine actually makes my scalp itch and my skin i also had to get a filter.
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2006 at 3:49pm
Deft. get a filter, makes all the difference in the world. Don't get the Jonathan one though. Is overpriced. You gotta give it to him though. He took an already existing product and put his name on it and charges people more because of it. That is the only difference on his filter. He put his name on it.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Sharyg11 Sharyg11 wrote:

... You gotta give it to him though. He took an already existing product and put his name on it and charges people more because of it. That is the only difference on his filter. He put his name on it.

That's funny
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 12:00pm
LOL, I know. Man, if I had a famous name, I would be out there right now looking for something to put my name on it so I could charge more! Brilliant, just brilliant.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 1:28pm
You crack me up Shary
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 3:05pm
LOL thanks, good to know at least I can make someone laugh

Much love!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic