Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blonde or brunette...lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blonde or brunette...lol
    Posted: August 12 2006 at 7:17am
I didnt think choosing between being a blonde or a brunette would be such a hard choice!!

Naturally a light brown-I was determind to have waist length blonde hair.....appts all booked, extensions ordered etc etc....but ive just finished watching miss universe 06 and damn there were some gorgeous brunettes!!

So now im torn =( brunette would be kinder to my hair and easier to maintain not to mention cheaper! but blonde is more "cute" and bouncy lol which is more my personality (i could never pull off mysterious and beautiful).

Admittedly i think ill look better as brunette, but im wanting that "omg your hair!" reaction and going blonde would definitely get that.

Would any blondes or dark brunettes out there like to comment on the attention they get with their hair? lol
XoNikchick04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XoNikchick04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 2:22pm
Hey there,

I am naturally a dark blonde/light brown and have been lightening to a light blonde for years.  Last year I thought it would be fun to try the brunette thing - it was a nice change but it got old real quick and I just wanted my blonde back.  I am light blonde again, but it was a very long, gradual process (and expensive too!) to get back to the blonde I like.  Some girls look great as brunettes - It's definitely a sexy, exotic look.  But I know for me I just feel prettier as a blonde and, as with you, it fits my personality better.  So it's a tough decision, but my vote is for blonde!

Good luck!  :)

Nikki
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 4:13am
Pictures might help ^_^ .
More awesome than a manatee!
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 8:33pm
I'm a natural 'cotton' blonde that got a little darker over the years, so I'm about an 8 or 9. I love being blonde....any shade! I wouldn't feel right looking in the mirror and seeing a brunette.
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 8:44pm
I have medium brown hair. When I went light ash blonde the results were the omg you want. Being a blonde is the best
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 8:55pm

I do want to add that I've been treated more professionally since I've gone to my natural, darker blonde.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 4:13am
Yeah sultry brunettes do get treated more seriously unfortunately. Oh well, im going into a salon this week to have a fiddle on their hair style chooser computer-im pasty white at the moment so i dont think any colours would be complimentary LOL and i hate having my photo taken (otherwise i would post them here!).

It probably sounds kinda tacky but i love bridgets (1 of hugh heffners gfs) hair. I think its because she has the deep tan as well (and the body and the face etc etc) and shes able to pull it off. My mother was horrified to think that i would want my hair like that lol

Thanks for your comments though =) its always nice to know how people respond to different haircolours.
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 6:00pm
No offense, but if you don't like having your picture taken, how are you going to handle all the attention of being blonde (if you go blonde, that is)? People usually REALLY notice a blonde. And by the way, my vote is for blonde too. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 8:47pm
oh the attention is no problem lol im just REALLY unphotogenic....id rate myself about a 6/10 in real life...that drops to about a 3/10 in photos (ex bf confirmed it LOL). Yeah i love the attention that blondes get hence the love of long blonde hair, hell why dont i just become a barbie doll lol
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 8:49pm
Go blonde. You'll love it. I do.
hmmm007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmmm007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 6:59am
I'm blonde and to be honest I don't get the "OMG blonde hair!" reaction that other people talk about. In fact, I think nowadays brunette hair is becoming rarer and people are more intrigued by darker hair. Blonde is really common nowadays because everyone's going that colour thinking it will look better on them, when in actual fact they don't stand out any more than a brunette with shiney, well-conditioned hair. I think you should go brunette personally!
SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 9:28am
blondes are cuter, but very common, and its tough on your hair as ive recently found out!
it also depends on your skin tone aswell, i found going lighter my eyes stand out alot more and complection. and ive had the omg comments too since going lighter.
Like I say depending on your face/makeup go with what color hair would suit you
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 10:24am
Oh I would love to go blonde, very light blonde, but...I dyed my hair black about half a year ago and I was told it's impossible to bleach .
My natural color is dark blonde, very dark blonde.
On the other hand I'm blessed with stroooong hair and I've been getting away with things many others wouldn't.
I was blonde once and it's true; you get treated completely different and it was fun, having cars stop before you actually show you want to cross the road LOL. I'd love to have another go at it.
I read that the manic panic bleach kit doesn't hurt your hair too much and it goes platinum for anyone...does anyone here know about that?

I'd appreciate something else then "forget it!", but I still heed warnings of course
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Darling Nikkie Darling Nikkie wrote:

Oh I would love to go blonde, very light blonde, but...I dyed my hair black about half a year ago and I was told it's impossible to bleach .
My natural color is dark blonde, very dark blonde.
On the other hand I'm blessed with stroooong hair and I've been getting away with things many others wouldn't.
I was blonde once and it's true; you get treated completely different and it was fun, having cars stop before you actually show you want to cross the road LOL. I'd love to have another go at it.
I read that the manic panic bleach kit doesn't hurt your hair too much and it goes platinum for anyone...does anyone here know about that?

I'd appreciate something else then "forget it!", but I still heed warnings of course

I was dyed black for many years untill recently i wanted to go light and my hairdresser told me she can make me a blonde but over time, and im currently a dark blonde mixed with lights n darks. my hairs really knackard right now tho. the first twi times went fine, but i was left too long with the bleach on and its very dry/damaged at the moment but its getting better!
so it is possible to go light, just takes alot of time and alot of money
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 2:03am
Originally posted by 222chik222 222chik222 wrote:

oh the attention is no problem lol im just REALLY unphotogenic....id rate myself about a 6/10 in real life...that drops to about a 3/10 in photos (ex bf confirmed it LOL). Yeah i love the attention that blondes get hence the love of long blonde hair, hell why dont i just become a barbie doll lol

Well, if you say so, but DON'T let a rotten ex bf determine that! I can't believe someone would even say that to a person anyway. So, have you decided yet? I was thinking, you should go blonde because it's easier to go brown AFTER blonde than to go blonde AFTER brown. I definitely get the "OMG Wow" being blonde, and I rather enjoy it -- although it's been so long since I was dark that I can't really remember if I got it back then -- I was definitely happy being darker, but being blonde has been an EXPERIENCE. Don't get TOO "Barbie" though -- it can get to be looking a little ridiculous. I mean don't be changing ALL of you, you know? Like some of these silly Hollywood girls. But do have fun.

As for the other girl who has black hair and wants to be blonde. It is NOT impossible. One time I made a REALLY BAD color choice (for me) and ended up with striking blonde, striking red, and what I called black but was actually a very very dark brown -- I called it the rocker chic 'do -- it can be cool but it just was NOT me. When I went back to my stylist I asked her to take me back to my platinum ... and she did with no problem and in one visit. Of course, going slow is fine too. I didn't need to for whatever reason -- and my hair was fine -- shiny and healthy looking.
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 7:00am
Thanks...I'm still contemplating, but I will definitely go for it!
I've been dark haired for a long time and yes it has its' charms, but time for some harmless fun now. Need to take a break from "mysteriously serious" LOL
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 7:14am
Thanks Alayney, yeah ex was being nice, his comment was "you look better in person than in that photo" which was honest =) hes a good mate of mine now.
Yeah i did think about that aye, if the blonde all turned to sh*te then id just dump a whole heap of dark brown over the top...sure my hair would be abit fried and the bleached streaks wouldnt take the colour well but im willing to risk it. Just means ill have to invest in both blonde and dark brown extensions, though i can just sell the ones i dont use =D
Yeah id love to look like a playboy bunny but seriously, those girls are so fake looking its not cool. I think i will settle for an alright body (with a fab push up bra) and a good fake tan lol. Will post pics when im all blonded out =D
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 2:35pm
^^ Oh, well that's not bad at all (what the ex said). lol You don't have to expect to lose your hair if it doesn't turn out -- I mean, bleach and dye do cause damage, of course, but you CAN (and should) have healthy LOOKING hair.

One time, years ago I had a mishap with bleach -- just overdid it -- and I covered it with a Natural Instincts brown color (one that's supposed to last 20 shampoos or so) and it took great -- covered the blonde perfectly. I don't recall any problems when it faded out either. So ... if you have any problems with liking the blonde, I wouldn't worry.

Well, obviously SOMEBODY likes the Barbie look -- you see enough people with it. Isn't it funny how a lot of us think it's "fake" looking yet people do it anyway? I think because they are so used to seeing themselves in the mirror everyday they don't realize how much they've changed. Sometimes blonde'll do that to you -- it's like you can never be light enough and you don't realize you're PRETTY DARN LIGHT already!
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 2:49pm
OMG.....I ended up getting so platinum and fake (gradually...) by last summer. I hate looking at pictures before I started darkening it.

WOW.....nevermind the color! In those pictures the difference in angle, smile and distance make a huge difference! lol

Edited by KellyH - August 17 2006 at 3:06pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 7:29pm
Yeah i know what you mean, i want white blonde hair...i just think it looks better than darker blonde but only some people can pull it off and my hairdresser refuses to let me look like a slut and i probably would with light light blonde hair lol which is fair enough =) shes a real sweetie, says she doesnt want to stuff it up (shes been my hairdresser since i was born).

wow KellyH you look gorgeous as a platinum blonde! not to mention younger :) but yeah, unfortunately the only people with naturally white blonde hair are albinos so it does end up looking fake (doesnt mean it doesnt look gorgeous though!).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic