Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blonde or brunette...lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
russiancat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russiancat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 7:56pm
No offense, Kelly, but the first pic I love (the platinum blond) !!!
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by 222chik222 222chik222 wrote:

wow KellyH you look gorgeous as a platinum blonde! not to mention younger :) but yeah, unfortunately the only people with naturally white blonde hair are albinos so it does end up looking fake (doesnt mean it doesnt look gorgeous though!).
Thanks to you both. Hmmmm.....I must be ageing in dog years since the pictures are only 2 years apart. lol
russiancat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russiancat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 8:02pm
Oh, and I forgot to say that I'm a blonde too. Always was very close to white blonde, then, for some reason, I went darker blonde. Then, after maybe 6 months I compared my pics and... realized that a lighter blonde looks actually better on me and fits my personality better. So, I went back to my loved very light blonde (and my bf likes me much better with this blonde)
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 1:01am
Yeah, I really like the platinum on Kelly as well. Does the darker blonde make you look a bit classier maybe? Sure, but what the hey...we could take life a little less serious and have fun being the bubbly, colorful and loving people we truly are! And if something doesn't look right we try other things.
It's not all that important... so what if we sometimes choose the fake over the real? Say no to boredom LOL
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 12:27am
Kelly,

I think both colors look great but I also like the platinum better -- but that's just my personal preference -- I'm partial to that color. As for the age thing, I don't think it's that you've TRUELY aged that quickly. It's just the hair. I thought you looked a bit younger too. That's NOT to say you look old. I find that ironic too, because a "harsh" white color like that can make a person look older. Anyway, they are both pretty so, obviously you should stick with what makes YOU happy.

With platinum (or any shade really) -- it works for some and for others it doesn't. Someone with platinum hair isn't necessarily going to look "slutty." Mine is pretty light, but it's highlighted (heavily), so it's not SOLID platinum. Trust me, I look like a goody-goody.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 12:48am
   I NEVER GOT THE,"OH MY GOD" REACTION TO BLONDE EITHER.BRUNETTES ARE MUCH MORE RARE THESE DAYS.I DIDNT LIKE HOW I GOT TREATED AS A BLONDE,LIKE I WAS HELPLESS OR A BIMBO (NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE,BUT YOU MUST HAVE GOTTEN THE SAME THING AT SOME POINT)
I HAVE HAD BLONDE HAIR FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS,AND IT WAS ALWAYS DRY,AND TOOK LONGER TO GROW. PLUS,IT'S JUST SOOO MUCH MAINTANCE!
I FINALLY WENT BACK TO BEING A BRUNETTE WITH RED HIGHLITES,AND I GET MUCH MORE STARES AND AM HAPPY NOT TO BLEND IN WITH THE SEA OF BLONDE.
THE SKIN TONE THING IS A VERY GOOD POINT TOO. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT LOOK GOOD ON EVERYONE. MY SKIN TONE IS KINDA FAIR WITH SOME PINKNESS,SO UNLESS I WAS ALWAYS TRYING TO BE FAKE TAN,THE BLOND MADE ME LOOK VERY WASHED OUT.
IF YOU'RE GONNA DO IT,PLEASE DO IT PROFESSIONALLY THOUGH.TOO MANY BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN OTHERWISE.(MY HAIR TURNED WHITE ON TOP AND ORANGE ON THE BOTTOM ONCE)
GOOD LUCK!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic