Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

growing hair with extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: growing hair with extensions
    Posted: August 13 2006 at 2:40am

hiya looking to hear yuur success stories about growing your hair while wearing extensions. i have been wearing clip ins for a few years i am down to one track to even out the shorter blonde layers at the top. i have grown my hair from just below chin length down to bra strap

but obviuosly wearing extensions is not wroking for other people growing hair. paris hiltons hair seems to get shorter and shorter...

and dont oyu girls agre that even if you do get yur hair to a long enuf length you will keeo wearing ext. as it is so hard to go back to natural..

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 5:39am
I recently took my last set of extensions out.  I had just below a chin length bob last September, like the picture in my avitar and now mine is about 3inch past my shoulders with zero damage, I'm well impressed x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 6:42am

i wear wefts/protape......wearing them is helping my hair because im not tempted to bleach my hair as much as i had been, the hot rollers stay on the extension hair/not my own hair, and when i just had my own hair when i would get dissatisfied i would end up cutting it :(....now i can leave my own hair pretty well alone

i think the celebrities end up doing SO much stuff to their hair, if they dont have strong hair to begin with they end up fried

and yes, even if my real hair reaches my butt, i'd still keep wearing extensions because my thin fine hair will never be as thick as i can get it with extensions :)

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 11:19am
My friend is a stylist in the movie industry. You would be surprised how some of these celebrities have their own stylists that do a very poor job. 

olindagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olindagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 1:12pm
I agree, every time I take my Protacs out, I can't believe how much longer my hair is.  My own hair needs trimming less often because the extensions bear the brunt of my styling so I don't get split ends so fast.
PRNCEZZRAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 8:17am
I started wearing fusion in Febuary and it damaged some when i took it out. I started wearing sew ins in April and just took them out. I have had some good growth.

The first pic is right before I started wearing extensions in January 2006 and the second pic is now. I did get all of my new growth cut off with fusion so the growth is from Mid May until now.

My hair looks much better than after the fusion was taken out a little thinner but not too much

Jan06

August

http://public.fotki.com/prncezzral/
jamintaylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamintaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2024 at 10:59pm

I wanted to share my journey of successfully growing out my hair with the help of hair extensions. For those who are looking to achieve longer hair, extensions can be a game-changer if used wisely.

I started using extensions a while back when I was struggling to grow out my hair naturally. Here are a few tips based on my experience:

1. Choose High-Quality Extensions: Opt for good-quality extensions made from real human hair. Synthetic extensions can be damaging in the long run.

2. Proper Installation and Maintenance: Make sure the extensions are installed properly by a professional to avoid damage to your natural hair. Also, follow a strict maintenance routine recommended by your stylist.

3. Protective Styling: While wearing extensions, I focused on protective hairstyles that helped minimize stress on my hair. Braids, buns, and ponytails are great options.

4. Regular Care and Conditioning: Even with extensions, it's important to care for your scalp and hair. Regularly cleanse and condition your scalp and the roots of your hair.

5. Take Breaks Between Installations: Giving your hair breaks between extension installations is crucial. This allows your natural hair to rest and breathe.

6. Trim Your Ends: Keep up with regular trims to get rid of split ends and maintain the overall health of your hair.

I'm happy to report that by following these steps and being mindful of my hair's health, I've been able to achieve significant growth while wearing extensions. They've been a valuable tool in my hair growth journey.

Feel free to ask any questions or share your own experiences!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic