Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ibit Inks Label Deal With Koch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaveKingSup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaveKingSup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ibit Inks Label Deal With Koch
    Posted: August 14 2006 at 2:33am

Xzibit Inks Label Deal With Koch For Open Bar Ent; Preps New Album
BallerStatus Alerts, Sponsored by RockTheBells (rockthebells.net)

Koch Records seems to scoop up every rapper that the majors don't want to compensate correctly. Their latest addition is Mr. X to the Z, Xzibit. The West Coast rapper and host of MTV's "Pimp My Ride" has announced a new deal with Koch, where he will run his own imprint, Open Bar Entertainment. The first album to drop via the new deal will be X's new album, entitled Full Circle. Its first single/video is "Concrete," which is expected to hit radio and video outlets soon. With five albums under his belt and more than 3 millions units sold, Xzibit is a veteran in the West Coast hip-hop scene. And now, he plans to use his knowledge of the game to put out an independent album. "After 10 years of being signed to a major label, I have learned a lot," Xzibit said via a statement. "Koch Records is giving me the opportunity to put this knowledge to work."

Read more online:
http://www.ballerstatus.net/news/read/id/39787552/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic