Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More side effects with Neosporin AF?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vicki in Oregon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki in Oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More side effects with Neosporin AF?
    Posted: August 16 2006 at 12:56pm

Hi everyone,

Weeks back I used Neosporin AF for the purpose of my hair growing faster, i had read on here it worked for some. Within a couple weeks I stopped because of severe headaches. Turned out many others experienced them as well on here. Anyway, even after I stopped using the stuff for another month I had NO appetite too. No explanation for that to happen. One person commented that for a while their hair did not even grow its normal amount after they stopped using it which I am experiencing it too. The fact that this topical can make hair grow faster, then stunt growth when stopped, caused major headaches in so many people, makes me wonder of more damage it could have caused. Those are major changes. Because shortly after I stopped it I developed super dry eyes, one especially. It is so painful. I can no longer wear contacts and there is little the opthamologists can do about the inflammation caused by the dryness and even less for the dryness. The pain is terrible, it always feels like something is in my eyes, always. Since the AF clearly has a systemic affect to cause headaches in many (and does cause scalp dryness) I wonder if it could be behind this new problem? I think about the timing being exactly right for all this but is it coincidental? There are stranger truths out there. The doc said once the tear ducts stop producing quality tears it never goes back to normal, which would explain possibly why I have the problem despite having stopped using it. I am so confused and hurting :(

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 4:52pm
Wow, I'm so sorry that is happening for you...... Is Neosporin AF different from Neosporin antibiotic ointment? I think the antibiotic ointment has three different antibiotics in a base of mostly olive oil. I use it on my dogs as well as myself for minor cuts and scrapes, and it works great. It sounds like you had a severe allergic reaction to one of the antibiotics (this is not unheard of - many people are allergic to different types of antibiotics). You might want to go see someone specifically about allergies and see if there is anything you can do. It almost sounds like whatever you are allergic to is still in your environment somewhere, if you are still having problems.....

Anyway, take good care of yourself.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 5:48pm

I'm SOOOO SORRY HOPE YOU GET BETTER. That must be terrible.

rhpetunia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpetunia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 8:54pm
AF is different - it's the antifungal, not the antibiotic.  It has mycanozole, I believe -- I'm familiar with it because my dog gets it for his ear infections.

I've never heard of putting it on the scalp. 

I'm so sorry this happened to you, Vicki.  I hope everything goes back to normal.  Is it getting any better yet?
2b/F/ii
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic