Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Lengths Anger!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sammyJB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammyJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Lengths Anger!
    Posted: August 17 2006 at 5:43am
So I get a new client in who wishes to have her previous extensions removed and new ones put in by myself. I agree to this unaware that she is wearing Great lengths. I've no experience of them at all other than people on here stating the nightmare that is removal and the 'six months' issue.

So, I attempted to remove them with acetone which was laughable and decided to contact a few Great Lengths salons to enquire (the place she had them done she has since moved from and it's a long way away). To be fair, I was very impressed with the hair and the system. The hair, three months on looked good and the bonds are fantastic. The concern is that they may start to dreadlock if left in for much longer.

The salon informed me that they wouldn't touch her hair if they hadn't installed the extensions. I explained the situation. They said 'sorry that's just the way it is' and hung up. I attempted another salon who were slightly less chirpy than the previous who gave me the same answer. Finally, a salon said 'yes, they would do it'. I thought Hoorah. That was until she said 'but she'll have to pay £80 per hour and it could take up to 7 hours'. Fair to say, I nearly choked.

So, I'd like to say that despite my initial impression of Great Lengths, I am now utterly disgusted with their policies. I told (lied to) one salon that she had had them done on holiday and 'was she supposed to jet to Italy to have them removed' and the line went deathly silent. Suffice to say they were of no use whatsoever. It's disgraceful! The attitude was poor and the level of helpfullness was appallingly low. This is my first experience with Great Lengths and it's not a positive one.

It's all well and good that the hair is of good quality and that the bonds are excellent but what on earth are you supposed to do when it comes to removal?

So, can anyone recommend the best way to remove Great Lengths extensions. Or any way I can get my hands on some?

I'm really pissed off and so is my client. She won't be going back to Great Lengths. Their loss.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 6:40am
alcohol, they use alcohol on the bonds and crack with pliers.
asinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 6:46am
Grain or rubbing?  maybe they spike the clients punch   I've never had the extra cash in my wallet to get them, even if I did I prolly wouldn't.  I can't believe what they get away with!!
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 6:51am
=( sorry to hear about your clients extensions. I have heard so many bad things about great lengths its not funny. I wish i could help out with what to use to get them out of her hair, but even googling it doesnt seem to give any clues! They mention their special machine and also a special liquid that they use.....good luck finding out what it is =S Not sure if youve searched, but maybe there has been a previous post on here about removing the extensions...ill have a look for you now =)
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 6:52am
in reply to what sherrie said, i did read something about using at least 90% alcohol...have no idea where youd get that from lol distillery?
leyda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leyda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 7:05am
Se tu mismo
sammyJB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammyJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 8:11am
Thanks guys. Is this what Great Lengths use?
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 8:54am
I've had Greatlengths in a few times in the past. I thought the hair itself was very nice, but the price they charge is ridiculous! (I was lucky enough that the record label I was working for paid for it ...)The amount of hair you get for it is laughable too. I asked them for their course thing. 2 days training for an unbelievable price! They're so arrogant... . I'm so happy I decided to start looking on the internet and found out that unlike what g.l. say, you can do it yourself! And with help from all you ladies here it's great fun!!
I do wonder what hair they use though.
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 12:42pm
I believe I've heard before bacardi 151 or everclear works...but I don't know first hand, if you do a search, you might find some more info.
PRNCEZZRAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 12:49pm
I had hair dreams and the bonds are like great lengths and I bought alcohol from sallys. Here is the link. It worked for me.
http://public.fotki.com/prncezzral/
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 1:26pm
I use to wear GL and it is GREAT hair.....if your rich.....now when my girl first removed them she put some type of solution on them and then used a needle nose plier with the ridges on the sides to help break the bond.....then the next couple of times she just used the pliers with NO solution and it worked fined.....I also took my own out the last time I had them in. Just crunch together one way and then turn the bond and crunch it again and it should pull down and out.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 3:17pm
Hi!
I have had problems w/ my Mezzo keratin bonds, they didn't want to leave my little head,  no matter what, pure acetone, pliers, keratine glue pro remover.. I have tried alcohol and acetone the one after the other and it helped. I finally got to remove my old fusion strands, they were starting to become locks...very cute!
A lot of patience, tones of pure acetone+alcohol worked for me!
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 3:50am
Oh Sammy that's terrible.  Did you try melting one out at all without smearing it down the hair shaft of course.  At least then there would be less glue to deal with after.  I've never not been able to remove anything without using acetone or oil but then again I've never encountered great lengths x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
actionjackson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actionjackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2006 at 10:25pm
Seriously. Get yourself some Bacardi 151 Rum and put it in a spray bottle. Spray the attachments and then crunch the bonds. Spray the bonds again if needed. This works way better than acitone or the stuff GL's sells. Good luck to ya.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 1:46am
...and if you put some in a glass as well, taking out the hair will be a paaaaaarty LOL
Seriously though, it seems that alcohol is the key with taking down GL, right?
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
Xtensngirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xtensngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 11:22pm
I use So.Cap., it's the same as GL, the two guys that own these companies are best friends. I think you can order their hair and remover without having gone through their course. Their remover takes out GL bonds and I like it better than the GL remover anyway. GL-remover is a bit more liquidy and the SC is a gel. (818) 841-9881 is the number of the West Coast distributor in Los Angeles. Good Luck!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 12:09am
Interesting...
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 1:19am
put some rubbing alcohol in a bowl, and brush it on with a color brush- or put it in a spray bottle and spray each one a few times, crush bonds and it should come out- i just took out a new clients full head, all 200 in about
 1 1/2 hrs go slllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwww

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 1:21pm
 Yeah, when I took my first fusion down it was he**. I swore to never do another install again, and I haven't. Good luck to ya. Some of the glue take downs are easy and some are time consuming. You are going to need a drink after that take down and install in the same day. Girl mo powa to ya!
Shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
moffpoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moffpoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 3:07pm

Do you think 60% alkohol would remove fusion? I know a guy who can make me sum:P

12 Inch Wawa, Installed with Protac, i love hair extensions<3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic