Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pink - half bald

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 7:44pm
OMG! It looks like someone played a prank on her while she was asleep. I mean she is already a littlle masculine to begin with. The worst part about those cuts is you really can't do anything to hide it or make it look better.

I must confess, I have never really understood the whole, let me dress this way or cut, color, my hair this way, to express what I'm feeling. But I respect if that what someone wants to offer as an explanation for it. However, what the heck is she trying to express? That she likes ugly hair cuts? or that she got the back of her hair caught in a food processor?

I'm sorry, I just don't get that. I guess is a way for her to show that she is rebellious and doesn't care what anybody thinks. Well, that's her style and if that's what rocks her boat I guess good for her.

Well hair grows back. I hope hers does soon, because the poor thing looks freaky.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 12:48pm
      If Pink was attempting to find the perfect "hairdo" to match her perpetually sneering scowling face, she's hit a grand slam. (No offense to Denny's!) Best, Bob
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

If Pink was attempting to find the perfect "hairdo" to match her perpetually sneering scowling face, she's hit a grand slam. (No offense to Denny's!) Best, Bob

Presumably, you intended no offense to baseball, either...
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 1:14am
I'm so happy Pink doesn't try to look like so many other stars. It seems like a lot of them just copy each other. Honestly, sometimes I don't know who's who anymore . What a shame the world has become so uniform: seems like if we don't all wear the same kind of clothes and have similar hair styles, we simply don't fit in and must therefor be marginalized, criticized and laughed at. I thought communism was a big no-no in the States? Hm...
Anyway... hooray for ladies like Pink!!! Not afraid to be creative with her looks.
Just be yourself, no matter how you want to look and let others go lay an egg or something .
Go Pink!!!
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 9:43pm
Communism is a big no-no in the States. That is why there are boards like this where people can express their opinion on different topics. Pink has every right to style her hair any way she wants. Just like we have the right not to like it, and express our dislike freely.

Personally, (and again just a personal opinion) I believe people who go so out of the way to look different, are the ones who really care what people think. Otherwise why would they go so out of their way to prove they don't care.

I am who I am, and I look the way I like to look, and if someone thinks that I look like everyone else, or that my look is uniform or boring, I really don't care, and they can go lay an egg(by the way I like that one so I'm stealing it LOL). I am my own person and I am confident enough about myself, that I don't have to prove it to anybody by shaving my hair or by coloring it like rainbow bright. I usually like to look pretty and have a nice hair style. But I have walked inside a super market, with my PJ's, my flip flops, and my hair looking like a nest. Now, that proves I really don't care what people think. I don't do it on purpose. It might just be a day I ran out time, or simply didn't feel like fixing myself up, and that is that. If people don't like, they can look the other way. Furtunately, I'm not a celebrity, so people shouldn't care LOL!

Anyone who knows a little about Pink, knows the poor girl has had some issues. She wasn't exactly popular when growing up. Had some problems with self steem and stuff like that. I understand she's also had some problems with drug abuse, and usually people like that are the ones who end up going out of their way to prove that they are different and that they don't care about being accepted. Again not saying that is case with everyone. Some people might just like the look. But I think Pink just likes the attention. And if she's happy getting that way, good for her! that's wonderful. We still have the right not to like it, and to express it. I'm sure there are some people who like it. I happen to not be one of them. But I respect the ones who do, and their right to express that as well.

Now, I'll give you an example of someone whom I really think looks the way he looks because he likes it, and not because he wants to catch attention or prove he is different. Dave Decker, from this site!. Take into consideration I've never had any communication with him. Just have read some of his comments. He seems like a very confident person. Happens to like super long hair, and couldn't care less if people don't like it. That is a person I can have respect for. Doesn't seem to be trying to prove anything, or to express his feelings through his long mane. He simply likes that super long hair and that is all there is to it. I'm sure he does get alot of attention when he goes out and probably enjoys it, but that is not the purpose of his look. Again, I could be wrong, but that is the impression I get from him.

By the way Dave, if you happen to read this, how in the world did you manage to grow that hair that long and still keep it looking healthy? I have to say (and take this from a girl who hates long hair on men) that is one impresive, beautifull looking head of hair. What do you put in it? what do you condition it with? And how the heck do you manage?  Wow, again just beautifull.

So you see, it works both ways. You can dislike someone's look and express your dislike for it. But you can also not be a fan of someone else's look, and still apreciate the beauty of it, and express that as well. I happen to find Pink's hair cut absolutly horrible. I don't mean any harm by stating that. Is just my honest opinion.

Just like Darling Nikkie said..."just be yourself, no matter how you want to look, and let others go lay an egg or something"

You want to look glamourous? you like to follow the lates trend? you want to keep up with what hair style is in now? Then you do that. If there are people who think you're not being original, or that your being insecure, or just looking for approval, what do you care? I'm personally not interest in proving to anyone that I am different, or expressing what I'm feeling inside by they way I dress or do my hair. But again, if you happen to be someone who does, good for you! you have every right to do that. Once again we just don't have to like it.

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Sharyg11 Sharyg11 wrote:

Now, I'll give you an example of someone whom I really think looks the way he looks because he likes it, and not because he wants to catch attention or prove he is different. Dave Decker, from this site!. Take into consideration I've never had any communication with him. Just have read some of his comments. He seems like a very confident person. Happens to like super long hair, and couldn't care less if people don't like it. That is a person I can have respect for. Doesn't seem to be trying to prove anything, or to express his feelings through his long mane. He simply likes that super long hair and that is all there is to it. I'm sure he does get alot of attention when he goes out and probably enjoys it, but that is not the purpose of his look. Again, I could be wrong, but that is the impression I get from him.

By the way Dave, if you happen to read this, how in the world did you manage to grow that hair that long and still keep it looking healthy? I have to say (and take this from a girl who hates long hair on men) that is one impresive, beautifull looking head of hair. What do you put in it? what do you condition it with? And how the heck do you manage?  Wow, again just beautifull.

That's about it, yep.  Thank you SharyG!   The answers to your questions: Benign neglect.  I don't blow dry or straighten, never used harsh chemicals (permanents/TR, haircolors of any kind, bleaching); the only products I've ever used are shampoo, conditioner, and oil.  I keep it tamed by braiding it for day-to-day life; keeps it under control.

Edited by DaveDecker - September 10 2006 at 4:44pm
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 5:06pm
Hi Dave, thanks for answering my question. If you don't mind, can you answer one more? What type of oil do you put in your hair? And do you leave it in, rinse out etc.?
Once again, beautiful head of hair! Just love it. Oh, and that must be one impressive braid to look at. I'm sure it looks fab!

Much love, Shary
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 7:13pm
Hi Shary, thanks again for the compliment.

I use jojoba, which is technically a wax (similar to sebum) but at room temperature (or cooler) is liquid.  I put it in after my hair has dried.  I don't put any of it in my hair before washing because that would wash it right back out.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 9:39pm
Ok, so I should leave it on. Thanks so much. My next project would be to find out where I can buy it. I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much Dave, I really appreciate the info.

Much love, Shary
Merlin101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 3:21pm
Not everyone gets a perfect cut everytime and not everyone turns out a perfect picture everytime either.  Check out her intro for Monday Night Football.  She's hot, she's punk, she's bold and she's beautiful.  I would love to work on her next album.

Lovebobs, pot, kettle and black, that's all I'm saying.

I can barely conjure myself out of bed, let alone conjure up the devil.
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2006 at 2:24am
Merlin,

Finally someone that thinks the same way I do!! I felt pretty lonesome with my thoughts on Pink's hair ... anyway, I'd love to work on her next album too! Are you a songwriter or producer?
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
Merlin101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2006 at 8:15am
Darling Nikkie,

I front a hard core/heavy metal band. We've been on the road the last few months.  We'll hit the studio after the first part of the year to start some fresh material.  My pennings are rarely utilized as I naturally write "too deep" and/or "too dark" for the other guys liking.  Some have been picked up by other bands and that's cool too.  Obviously, identity on the forum is secretive as we aren't allowed to promote ourselves through the forum.  The forum is a great place to mindbend with others and pick up some ideas for new material.  I think Pink is an awesome entertainer and celebrity personality.  It would be incredible to hang and work with her for a while.
I can barely conjure myself out of bed, let alone conjure up the devil.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic