Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Susan W......your hair is looking stunning!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Susan W......your hair is looking stunning!!!
    Posted: October 03 2006 at 8:16am
Thanks Anais! Big%20smile 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 12:04pm
Wow Susan, I haven't been around for awhile either and yoru hair looks fantastic
my LJ, 40 inches long
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 6:51am
Thanks!  Hope you are having more luck with your crickets.  I've had some that lived forever on the regimen I showed, then I've had one batch that died pretty quick and young.  (I can only assume they are suseptible to some disease that's not outwardly obvious, and that must have been why).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 9:53pm
Thanks dave.I'm still dreaming of longhair.I've got quite a bit of growth myself since last time I took pictures.So I guess its time to update my journal.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 5:41pm
Welcome back, longhairdreams!   Do you still dream of having long hair?
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 4:13pm
I cant believe how much everyone has grown.I didnt think I ws gone that long,lol.Susan I love checking your link to see how much progress you have.Your hair is so pretty.

And Thank you for posting the cricket guide.I could never keep them alive for long.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 7:09am
Thanks tdouty! 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Bill W Bill W wrote:

Dave, do you ever clean up the ends or are the hair products and your maintenance program enough to keep the scissors a safe distance away?
If only we could get a few more ladies to subscribe to a no cutting attitude. Your ends look  fairly wispy, but you can always trim them when you choose, whereas a bad haircut cannot be undone. I trimmed a ladt friend's hair that wasn't quite as long as yours acouple years ago. It seemed all of her "lady friends" were in a twit that it was time for her to get a "haircut". Most had "punishment" cuts that looked pathetic. I talked my friend out of trusting their so caled professional barber friend, but the result could have been so sad. Keep it long friends.

Hi Bill W,

By "clean up the ends," I assume you mean "trim?"  No, I don't trim regularly.  The last time I had the ends trimmed was about 4 years ago.  I do "search & destroy" for split ends, every once in awhile.

Good for you for providing your friend another perspective than the one given her by her so-called friends.  (IMO, they were either jealous... or brainwashed).

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 11:50am
I see a difference too, Susan.  It's getting closer to your waist .. no doubt about it!  I have to agree that I like the color too :-).

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Bill W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 7:18pm
Dave, do you ever clean up the ends or are the hair products and your maintenance program enough to keep the scissors a safe distance away?
If only we could get a few more ladies to subscribe to a no cutting attitude. Your ends look  fairly wispy, but you can always trim them when you choose, whereas a bad haircut cannot be undone. I trimmed a ladt friend's hair that wasn't quite as long as yours acouple years ago. It seemed all of her "lady friends" were in a twit that it was time for her to get a "haircut". Most had "punishment" cuts that looked pathetic. I talked my friend out of trusting their so caled professional barber friend, but the result could have been so sad. Keep it long friends.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 7:02am
Thanks you two!  Its hard to believe you envy my color Rini, with the amazing color you have!  But thanks so much!  And yours IS as nice Dave, and you have so much more of it!

Edited by Susan W - September 11 2006 at 7:02am
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 4:23pm
Susan, I definitely see a difference - it's almost to your waist now! yay! ( )  It looks so healthy and shiny and pretty.  I wish mine were as nice.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 5:19am
Ooooh...yes it does!! Look how much closer it is to your waist in that last pic.  And your colour is just so beautiful...it's my dream hair colour I think.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 7:29am
Okay, its got a new picture on it now (but it doesn't look that different!)

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 7:55am
Thanks HFO!  Yes, I haven't updated in awhile, I try to do it every 4 months since any sooner and it doesn't look any different.  I didn't even realize 4 months had passed already!  I will have to add new ones in the next week or so.

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 5:27pm
Thank you HFO!  I didn't even know it grew until it was shown to me in pictures.  When it tapers to nothing, far away from my head (such as mine does), additional growth is nearly impossible to otherwise detect.
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 7:26am

Aah I can only find ones that go up to May. It's such a lovely colour though!

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 6:18am
Just click on Susan's link in her sig.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 4:36am

Lol I feel a bit dumb for asking but where are the new photos?

Dave, your hair is looking amazing! Congrats on new growth.

Edited by Hellfrozeover - September 05 2006 at 4:37am
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

Ha ha!  Not at all! 

I think your hair and mine are probably almost the same color, I thought my hair was brown because of the way it looks inside for the longest time - that's one reason photos are great, you never know all kinds of things till you see you from the back! 

Just today I was doing s&d for splits, and the light in the bathroom made my hair appear reddish!  Its color really does depend on the lighting.  Hard to imagine I was a tow-head as a youngster.

Originally posted by horselover_1625 horselover_1625 wrote:

Dave, are you going to leave your hair that long? Or let it grow?

I've been letting it grow without trimming the length for 4 years.  I thought I was already at terminal; I was mistaken.  Even though I want some thickness at the ends (and would have to go to knee-length for something remotely resembling thickness) I guess I'll let it continue to grow for awhile and see if my terminal length is any longer than this.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic