Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pre men. cravings:(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pre men. cravings:(
    Posted: October 06 2006 at 1:50pm
 It might seem as though we gain cuz of the extra water weight we carry around that time. I know I always feel bloated.But I started taking diurex which helps (only bad thing is it makes you pee alot)
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 12:14pm
wow thats neat hmmm i always thought i was gaining.
Babycheeks
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 8:25pm
Actually,I have great news for all you ladies! I have just read  that right before our dreaded periods our bodies burn an extra 200-300 calories a day! So that's another reason why we get these cravings. So dont beat yourself up too much if once a month you pig out.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 12:23pm
PRETZEL FLIPZ!!!! Yeah!. OMG Kuroneko, why did you have to mention those. I'm now sitting here, trying to keep myself glued to the chair so I won't run and get a bag and eat the whole thing. I WANT THEM SO BADDDDD! (yes it is that time of the month for me now). Let me go look in the mirror and remind myself of the 10 lbs I've lost and the other 10 I still need to loose. Maybe that would help. OMG! where is my racket. I need to play a game of racket ball. Maybe that will get those fricking pretzels out of my mind LOL.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 8:10am
Pretzel Flipz!  Those are like the ultimate menstrual craving food!  I try not to keep sweets around, as much as I can help it, especially at this time of month.  If I must have sweets, I carefully ration them so I'm eating no more than one serving.  If I have a giant chocolate bar in front of me, I'll eat it all, but if I section off three or four squares and put back the rest, I'm usually all right.

I have the problem of just being ravenously hungry in general at this time of month, though.  It's almost like it doesn't matter what I'm eating, as long as there's always something in my mouth :-P .  I've figured out if I graze on fruits and veggies throughout the day, I can usually control the hunger without wrecking my diet too much.  The only problem with that comes on days like today, when I'm constantly hungry but no-one's gone for groceries in a while :-( .  Not happy!
More awesome than a manatee!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 3:48pm
LOL!!! I feel your pain. Those cravings are uncontrolable. Well at least you are not eating all the donuts. I've eating a whole box of krispy Kreams in a really bad day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 8:07am

well im reading this eating  ONE powdered donut going to trash the rest I DONT NEED IT. These cravings just dont stop for me, ive tried fruit and other alternatives but i give in so easy lol.

Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2006 at 6:45pm
LOL! yeah we all go through the same thing. I don't think there is a woman in the world who doesn't. At least I haven't met one.

Your body is going through major hormonal crisis during that time of the month. We get fatigued, bloated, in a bad mood etc. Your body's response to that is to trigger a sugar craving because sweets cause your body to release serotonin, which is a mood elevator. Mix the sugar with some fat, and now you got a mixture that causes your brain to also release endorphins, which is the body's natural pain killer (you know, because of the cramps, headaches etc). That's why, we usually crave stuff like chocolate, and ice cream (perfect mixture of fat and sugar). Refined carbs also transform into sugar. So yes, you will be a carb craving monster.

So yes, it is totally normal to go through that, and yes most of us face the same problem. Exersice and drinking lots of water helps. But don't wait until you are too desperate to give into the craving, because then you'll over do it. If you are craving chocolate, get a small one (like a hershey kiss or something like that). And don't just scarf it down. Let melt in your mouth. Savor it until the last minute. That will take the edge off, and give your body some time to asimilate the sugar you just consumed.

If is salty snacks you are craving, you can buy those bite size pita breads ( I think they are called pitetes) brush them with a little olive oil and sprinkle them with some salt, or some garlic salt, for extra flavor. Then put them in the over to get them nice and toasty.  That way you satisfy the craving, but still keep it on the healthy side.
And don't feel guilty if you need something bigger than a hershey kiss. I myself have a reeses peanut butter cup. I buy the two pack and give one to my sister. That way I'm not tempted to eat them both. It is only once a month, so it won't kill you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 4:43pm
Its like every time im about to hit my cycle i go through this craving period where i have to have something sweet i dont know how to stop it, anybody else have this what do you do to stay away from the sweets oh and salt too blah? okay i admit it anything high in carbs or sugar i just seem to attack.
Babycheeks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic