Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rhinoplasty. [Nose Job.]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhinoplasty. [Nose Job.]
    Posted: August 19 2006 at 5:59pm
I've wanted to get a nose job since I was very little. I've always hated my nose and have always been made fun of for it. I know it's going to cost at least $3,000 ..anyone want to share about how much theirs cost?

Also does anyone know any good plastic sergons in Missouri?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 3:04pm
Well I had a nose job about 3 years ago. Nothing major. I just tought the bridge of my nose was a little too wide. And I had a small bump on it, that you wouldn't even notice unless I pointed it out to you. But I knew it was there and it bothered me. So he narrowed the bridge and filed down the bump. The best thing is, the change was so subtle, no one even noticed I had anything done. I actually have to pull out an old picture and show it to people and point out the changes. Then they go "oh, now I see".

As far as cost, I had it done in the Dominican Republic. My mom has a business there and know tons of people. One of the best surgeons in the country is a close friend of hers, so all I paid was $600 and that was including an overnight stay at the clinic (over there they won't let you go home the same day).

I'm very happy I had it done. I mean I still look like me. And my nose looks almost the same. But the things about it that really bothered me are gone. I didn't have any cuts on the outside, since he just narrowed the bone. He refused to put me totally under because there is more risk. So I was concious during the surgery. So I felt the hammering and actually felt and heard the bone crack when he broke it. I didn't feel any pain, but could feel the pressure every time he hit the bone to break it. It was really fast. Each side took about 3 hits to break, and I think he did the filing down first.
I can honestly tell you, the only pain I felt was when I was coming out of the anesthicia (sp?) and it lasted from when they were rolling me out of the operation room, until they took me to my room. Like two minutes later a nurse came in, gave a shot which I assume was to put me to sleep, because I passed out right away. And by the time I woke up, I felt absolutly no pain, and never felt any pain again from there on.

So do it girl. You'll fell great and is virtually pain free. But do your homework. You really want to go with someone that specializes in rhinoplasty. I don't knowanyone in Missouri, but here in Miami, we have Carlos Wolf, who is considered to be the best at it in the US.

Good luck, and if you do it. Let me know how it goes.

Much love, Shary
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 4:12pm
sharyq11,is it really virtually painless?   I like my nose but always wanted it just a TAD smaller.Like,my nose looks great from the front view but not from the side.
The one thing that has kept me from doing it is how painful I heard it was. That you have to change the dressing on your nose every 15 minutes and that you cant even sleep through the pain.Is that true?
Otherwise I would really consider it.I think my nose is just a shade too big for my face.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 7:33pm
Yeah, it was virtually painless. Like I said, the only time I felt pain was right after the surgery. It lasted as long as it took them to roll me out to my room. The nurse came in, injected me with a sedative and I passed out. By the time I woke up, the pain was gone. My nose was of course very sensitive. I mean, someone litteraly took a hammer to it. I did keep having small nose bleeds the first 24 hours, but they were gone after that. I could not feel any pain, unless I forgott I had the nose job and tried to touch my nose (in the middle of the night or something). I had no problem sleeping through the night. And never even had to take pain killers. I never had to change the dressing. I had a cast on my nose, since they had to break the bone and file it down. I can't remember if I had it on for a week or two.

You'll have to be really carefull not to bump your nose, because then it will really hurt. But even then, the pain will go away after a minute. It won't keep hurting. I know cause my ex forgot I had the surgery after I got the cast removed, and he went to surprise me with a kiss, and bumped my nose really hard. I won't lye, I saw stars!!!. But the pain went away almost immediatly.

By what you are describing, sounds like all they would have to do to your nose is file it down. Which will take no time, and you will have virtually no pain at all.

Also my eyes never bruised. Most people get those racoon eyes when they the bone is broken. I got no brusing at all.

I honestly would forget I had anything done, because there was no pain at all. It was way better than I expected, and I would do it again in a heart beat. As a matter a fact, I'm thinking about narrowing it a bit. Not the bridge, but the bottom part. It was so easy the first time, I wouldn't have any second thoughts about it. I was in more pain when I had my wisdom theet removed. As a matter of fact I still have one wisdom thooth left and I keep postponing taking it out because of the pain LOL!!

So if pain is what is stoping you, go for it girl. It is not that bad at all. The first 3 months, you will be sensitve. When you try to wrinkle your nose, it will shake. But other than that, you will feel totally normal.

Do make sure, you get a great surgeon. The nose is something that is not easy to fix after it has been operated on. And it is right in the middle of your face. So if it is not done right, it can be very traumatic. Get someone with a specialty on noses, and who has before and after pictures of his/her patients.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 5:26pm
Thanks,I'm greatful for the knowledge. I would definitely look for a good surgeon if I do this.Where I live there are literally TONS of places that do plastic surgery.
Good to know it wont hurt that bad! I hope all they do have to do is file it down.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 8:09pm
You are very welcome. And don't worry, you are beautiful anyway. So nose job or not, you will still be beautifulSmile.

Good luck whatever you decide.
CristinaLetizia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CristinaLetizia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2007 at 7:40am
It is definately painless...I had hydrocodone pills prescribed to me, and I barely used them, definately do the procedure if 1)its financially possible 2) your realistic about your goals. I did it, and I'm extremely happy with my results. good luck =)
*Cristina* :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic