Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Droppin' Some Knowledge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YBE719 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YBE719 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Droppin' Some Knowledge
    Posted: August 20 2006 at 2:48am
For the young black students of America. If there were as many black men going to college as it were going to jail,we'd be the superior race, and STILL be the minority. So, for all of the young brothers out here in college, do it big. And most importantly do it for these following people: The ones who truly love you, for your parents, and for those who died so we could even get the opportunity to go to college. For the men in general, our younger siblings are watching us. Let's set a good example for them. And as black people, we have to stop using the word "n****". At one point in time I used it, but when I sat and thought what I was saying, then it made sense. Black people in general gotta have a sense of self pride, cuz if we dont respect ourselves, then who else will? We in college now, we gotta seperate the boys from the men, the Bosses from the workers...u get the picture. They are building more prison facilities than universities and we all know that they are made to house our black brothers. We as a people must keep our heads in three very important places: With God, with our families, and in our books. It is up to us as the next generation to strive for the best that we can, because time waits for no one. Before we know it, we shall have our own families to look after, and we will have to pass this knowledge down to our children.Also, to my brothers out there claiming they rich...SLOW DOWN. Not that its a bad thing, but we should br trying to get WEALTHY. For instance, Shaq is rich. The person who signs Shaq's checks and can pay him every penny on that same check is WEALTHY. Rich means temporarily funded with a large amount of money. Wealth can last a lifetime even generations. Think.....When we watch shows such as MTV Cribs, and we see the rappers in their plush homes....Do they live by themselves? No. That means it is others living in that community...others who more than likely are well educated and well established in their job.Trust me, my brothers, we gotta see the big picture,man. And thats real.
YBE719 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YBE719 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2006 at 2:49am
Please give it a read, and no "Post it somewhere else" garbage. This is something black men need to read. And this is all my thoughts. Straight from my mind. Positive feedback only
Daymo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2006 at 3:28am

A YNE719 I agree with everything you have said but not to knock you or anything like that but the place to post something like this is in 360 off topic forum so its kwel. But yeah like I said I agree with everything you had to say. Black on black crime is at such a high rate. My friend got shot like 5 time and his life hangs in the balance what a shame. But if you go to the jail you will mostly see black people there. My grandma was a teacher for like 40 years and she told me in that 40 years span she mostly sent black kids to the office. YNE719 mention passing good information to our children but how can we do it if were corrupt our self ? What can we say to them ? Its about time we stand for something cause if we don’t we will fall for anything.

I have often ask myself as a race can we get along and the answer seems to be no we cant. We cant even get along on the internet some of yall no what I’m talking about. But maybe one day we will change, hopeful before the black race ends up being exterminated.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic