Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about shrinkies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sedgers1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedgers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about shrinkies
    Posted: August 28 2006 at 6:48am
I have heard alot about these shrinkies, always thought they sounded quite bulky and not very discreet?  Has anyone had them and liked them, or hated them?  And are they easy to apply?  Only wondered, as in the very hot summer months here in Oz, thinking they might be more reliable than the bonding due to the heat and exposure to the sea, chlorine etc.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 11:37pm
join us on the hair extension board.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
shannel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 8:31am
Shrinkies are terrible.  there's not enough adhesive to create a firm bond so the hair sheds like mad!  pinch braiding is best but you need someone who won't do it too tight!
JanetBolton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetBolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 10:13am
hi shannel, and welcome to our friendly board...

never heard of anyone saying they don't like shrinkies before, suppose its important where you purchase them from as some companies sell cheap counterfeits.   www.connect-2-hair.co.uk have the UK Trademark for Shrinkies which covers Europe and England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.  And Mark Barrington has the Trademark and Patent for the USA, so suggest you buy from these good companies.  Buying cheap copycat goods isn't a good idea because at the end of the day they will shed and drop out and you will be disappointed.   I've used Mark Barrington's shrink links and they are the very best on the market, in my opinion, along with CONNECT-2-HAIR's shrinkies which are pretty good as well, and an excellent price.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 12:55am
Hey Zephyr! I mean Janet BoltonWink
I'm going right now to your site and ordering a whole bunch of stuff since
you advertise so well!

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 11:42am

just because a product isnt 'trademarked' doesnt mean it isnt a quality product. I dont know why there has to be so much 'badmouthing' in order to promote some companies or brands. Shrinkies are pretty common and SEVERAL vendors and companies are selling good quality shrinkies.

If you purchase good quality shrinkies there is enough adhesive in the shrink tubes to hold firmly for the suggested amount of wear time. Unlined shrinkies with no adhesive may slip out. Most people definitely agree that adhesive lined shrinkies are the way to go. In fact when I wore shrinkies, I rarely had any slip out. Also if the hair sheds, that isnt related to the shrinkie, thats caused by a poorly tipped strand.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic