Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lemonade diet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
mcelweewife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lemonade diet
    Posted: August 30 2006 at 12:01am
What do you guys think about it? It's basically the diet that helped Beyonce shed 20 pounds....
Heavenseventeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavenseventeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 11:23am
I think it's a VERY bad idea. As soon as she started eating again, the weight piled back on (which is what she wanted), but would you want the same? Plus it would probably come back with even more...not worth it in my book.
Dance? I Am! And I'm Flying Too...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 1:56pm
Thank you for replying...I think she looks even thinner, I think she wants to stay that way! She is gettnig flack from a lot of her afro-american fans...look at her recent photos, she's wearing a 6, she used to wear a 12.

Edited by mcelweewife - August 30 2006 at 1:58pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 2:16pm
This was me 4 months ago, holding my friend's baby at my wedding, since then I have gained ANOTHER 10 pounds, and I want to be healthier...that's my cake in the avatar.

Edited by mcelweewife - August 30 2006 at 2:21pm
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 8:11pm
well i think eating right and exercise is sufficient, lemonade no way that could be healthy, im sure Beyonce did others thing too im sure and prob had a trainer. If i were you just use a natural approach be realistic:)
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 8:25pm
You do have a point, but she didn't use standard lemonade...She used organic lemons, cayenne pepper, and organic maple syrup, this stuff is really beneficial, it helps to clean out the entire bod, the co-host of howard stern(Robin Quivers) looks like a different person now doing this. she lost 70 pounds. The organic maple syrup which is NOT artificially flavored, and has many vitamins and minerals is sufficient in supplying what the body needs while doing this, I'm no fool, I know excercise is key to not only weight loss, but overall health.
Lemon...
Loosening and cleaning agent
It's 49% potassium strengthens energizes heart, stimulates and builds the kidneys and adrenal glands
It's oxegen builds vitality
It's carbon acts as a motor stimulant
Its hydrogen activates the sensory nervous system
it's calcium strengthens and builds the lungs
It's phosphorus knits the bones and stimulates and builds the brain for clearer thinking
It's sodium encourages tissue building
It's magnesium acts as a blood alkalizer
It's iron builds the red corpuscles to rapidly correct the most common form of anemia
It's chlorine cleanses the blood plasma
It's silicon aids the thyroid for deeper breathing
The natural iron, copper, calcium, carbon, and hydrogen...And that's just the lemon!

Edited by mcelweewife - August 30 2006 at 8:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 8:35pm
Organic Grade B Maple syrup...(the best kind)
Has a large variety of minerals and vitamins
potassium, calcium, magnesuim, manganese, iron, copper, phosphorus, sulphhur, chlorine, and silicon. Vitamin A B1, B2, B6, and C nicotinic acid and pantothenic acid are also present in the syrup.
Apparently the creator of this diet says that all the necessary nutrients that bod needs are included when this is combined with the lemon. (this is my 2nd day on it, and I feel great!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 8:36pm
Cayenne Pepper
Adding cayenne pepper is necessary as it breaks up mucus and increases warmth by building the blood for an additional lift. It also adds many of the b and c vitamins!!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 9:13pm
Well, apparently you've done your homework about it. And you have already started it. I have heard of this as a cleanse or fast, didn't know it was actually used as a diet. And as a cleanse have heard great things about it. However as a diet, we all know what happens with diets that are all liquid. It wrecks our metabolism, and as soon as you get off it, unless you stick to a very healthy diet and exercise regimen, the pounds will come back with a vengance. Remember that time that Oprah lost like 60 pounds, I don't remember if it was slim fast or other liquid diet. But we do know that she gained back like twice the weigth.

The last time I heard Beyonce talk about her diet, she said she had tried it all, including Atkins, but the weight would come back, and that she finally understood that is was better to have a little of everything in moderation. I don't know if she did this lemonade diet after that interview, but as I said, if you already made up your mind and are confident, just be careful and it wouldn't be a bad idea to consult with your doctor.

Years ago I remember my mom was told by a friend that if she would drink the juice of 3 limes (we lived in Domincan Republic at the time, and there, you won't find lemons just limes) first thing in the morning she would loose weight. I have to say it really did work, and she dropped a bunch of weight. She had our maid squeeze that juice first thing in the morning and she would faithfully drink it. However that was pure lime juice. Eventhough she never had any problems or side effects (at least visible) I just can't bring myself to doing it. Pure lime juice is strong stuff, and I am affraid that it could cause some kind of problem in my stomach. I don't know. I'm just not brave enough.

But since I saw lime juice worked so well for her, maybe this lemon thing will really work for you. Just remember that after you reach your desired weigth, you really need to work on slowly bringing your metabolism back up. And that you need to comit to a healthy diet, so that all your effort is not in vain.
I really do wish you the best, and hope you achieve your goal. Just please go about it with care and take care of yourself.

Much love, Shary.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 9:31pm
Aaaw thanks, I hope it continues to work well, and thanks for taking the time to respond!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 10:21pm
You are very welcome. Please keep me updated on your progress, and let me know how you feel during the whole process. The subjec has really gotten my attention.

I will add you to my prayers starting tonight, so that everything goes well, and your health is not affected in any negative way. Hopefully soon, we'll be celebrating your new body. Keep in touch.

Love always, Shary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 10:34pm
Hey, I will thanks again
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 6:48am
well if it works go for it, i personally couldnt do it and as a dietician i know that lime and lemon are acidic and you can be prone to irritate your stomach lining over time result gastritis or ulcers. so dont over do it.

be careful and good luck:)
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 7:07am
aaw, thanks it's only for ten days!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 10:59pm
*UPDATE*
ok, so at around 10am this morning, I decided I couldn't deal with the constant pooping anymore! I pooped like 27 times IN ONE DAY! At that point, it wasn't even poop it looked exactly like urine. That freaked me out, but I've calmed down, once I found out it happens to others when detoxing with sea-salt, and 32 oz of water. Truth be told, my poor behind can't take anymore wiping, it's sooooo tender now, so the sea-salt is definitely not for the faint of heart. I could've really stuck to this, were it not for that darn sea-salt....oh well. I will still drink the mixture behind meals, but the seasalt rinse will only happen once a month, my poor rectum can't handle it daily.

Edited by mcelweewife - September 01 2006 at 8:07am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 10:59pm
By the way, thank you ladies for replying in the 1st place!

Edited by mcelweewife - August 31 2006 at 10:59pm
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 10:52am

aaw, sorry to hear about your sore tooshie. I know the feeling LOL. What I want to know is how did you manage to down those 32 oz of sea salt water. I tried to do that type of cleanse once, but by the second gulp of water, was ready to puke my guts out. I could not do it! Is there a special way of drinking it that might make it easier?. I hear is a great cleanse for the whole GI track, that's why I wanted to try it. But man, that was one potion impossible for me to swallow.

And word of advise, in the future try baby wipes. Much gentler on toosh! LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 11:23am
lol , never would have thought of that! I was drinking it warm as I immeadiately realized that doing it 1st thing in the morning spelled disaster for me....i feel quesy if I'm still half asleep when I chug that amount of liquid down. Be fore I even started the cleanse last Friday, I filled my 32 oz measuring cup to the brim and chugged the 32 oz down just to see if I could even drink that amount of water at once in the 1st place. I did it with no problem...so the next day (last Saturday) I went ahead and tried it with the 2 teaspoons of evaporated sea-salt. I was able to do it once again with no problem...but I was starting to dread it, and when I dread something, that makes it really unpleasant, so yesterday  for the 1st time, I used cold water, instead of warm water, and that helped me to keep my mind off of how SALTY it is! It's still no fun though, but it did make my tummy go down significantly. I did the Dr. Natura Colonic for two weeks, right before I tried the Master Cleanse. I suspect that did the trick, and that's  why the entire time I was doing the sea-salt it was clear yellow liquid, cause my intestines and colon were already cleaned out pretty good...so i figure I'll do the sea-salt once a month!Bleh..

Edited by mcelweewife - September 01 2006 at 11:24am
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 11:37am
Well you are braver than I am. I still have that darn container of sea salt I bought, and it will be there forever unless I find another use for it. I just could not drink that stuff, and my sister would kill me if I vomited all over her kitchen floor LOL!

Hey I did the Dr natura cleanse too. Actually I'm still in the middle of doing it. I'm on my 7th week, and I love it. How did it work for you? I am still baffled at the things I see when I go to the bathroom. Never in my wildest dreams would I have known I was walking around with that stuff inside of me, YUCK!. But I am feeling so great after I started doing it. Please share, how did you like it, and how well did it work for you?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 11:44am
It was ok, but those pills, and that nasty ol fiber, were my undoing! Double Bleh! I only did it for 2 weeks, and I was kinda disappointed, cuz I thought a lot of stuff was going to come out, like in the pics on their website. I pooped 6 or 7 times a day, and I lost 5 pounds in that 1st week. I just didn't have the worms and stuff, which means either I ddin't do it long enough, or I didn't really have anything out of the ordinary in there in the 1st place. I read some reviews on Yahoo reviews, and a lot of other people were saying the same thing...that they didn't have the bizarre stuff coming out of them like in the pics on the site, so that made me feel better. I wonder if it's because I eat lots of veggies and only chicken... when I do have meat which is VERY seldom. I do feel lighter overall though, and alot more energetic. I think the sea salt is prolly more thourough though, at least for me. Im glad you are reeping benefits as well. Have you lost any weight on the Dr. Natura Cleanse?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic