Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aphogee damaged hair treatment...is it good?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aphogee damaged hair treatment...is it good?
    Posted: September 03 2006 at 4:52am
Ive read lots of reviews for this product and most of them are good :) they rate the product highly. But there are also alot of people who think its not that great, and has damaged their hair when they have used it. My hair is too silky, in the fact that each hair is very fine and almost too smooth yet damaged at the same time. Do you think it would be lacking in protein? Any opinions on the product would be greatly appreciated =)

Edited by 222chik222 - September 03 2006 at 5:17am
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 10:46pm
It is not all is cracked up to be. It seems to just sit on the hair instead of penetrating. If your hair is that fine it will probably just coated. I would recommend you go with Joico K-pak deep reconstructor. It is just the right molecular size for any hair type, and it is and exellent premium product. Yes, it will cost a little more, but it is worth it.

Much love, Shary
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2006 at 12:04am
im with Sharyg its not that great KPAK is wow!
Babycheeks
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 5:14pm
Ive used k-pak in the past and it wasnt that fab :s hrmm maybe i should try it again and use it with their hydrating mask as well.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 9:30pm
Yes. That will probably work great. Most people make the mistake of using protein treatments and not deep conditioning after applying the treatment. Protein treatments are not designed to make hair soft. They are designed to buffer damage, and fill in broken strands to keep them from breaking and/or falling off. If you do not deep condition after any protein treatment, your hair will feel like straw. I used to make the same mistake, until I really got into researching about hair and hair products. Then I understood why no protein treatment "worked" for me.  I was expecting it to make my hair soft and beautifull on its own. Instead I would end up with hard straw like hair. I actually threw away a whole bottle of Redken Cat that I got as a gift. I remember thinking "OMG this is aweful". Little did I know that is a great protein treatment, I was just not using it correctly.
So give that Joico one more try. The product is really good, so is Redken Extreme Fuel or Nexxus Emergencee. They will all work great as long as you deep condition afterwards. And remember unless your hair is severely damaged, protein treatments should only be done once a month. Otherwise it could have the opposite effect and cause hair breakage instead.

Much love, Shary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic