Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My one year progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My one year progress
    Posted: September 03 2006 at 7:56am
Well it's been one year since I've officially started growing my hair (and using henna for that matter!) and here is the difference a year makes:

That was me one year ago after my first (or I think it may have been my second?) henna.   Hair was barely touching my shoulders.

This is me now:

It is much thicker than it was....and of course longer!  You can't see it, but my fringe is also growing and is now reaching my mouth.  I have it clipped up in a flexi-8 in this pic.

I'm looking forward to next august when I should finally be 30+ inches!!!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 8:33am
Your hair is SOOOO pretty. And grows so fast. Want to trade hair?

Edited by SugarCube - September 03 2006 at 8:34am
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 11:37am
looking great!!! i love the color of your hair great shine.
Babycheeks
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 3:56pm
Fantastic!

Keep up the excellent work and good growing
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
rhpetunia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpetunia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 8:48pm
Wow, Rini!!  Your hair looks great!!  Good work!!
2b/F/ii
Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 12:00am

Wow!!!! Your hair has really been doing great!!! It's been almost a year since I've been on this site.(been REALLY busy starting a business) And haven't had  much free time to message people. And you were SO nice and friendly to me giving me suggestions about Henna and things. I'm just tickled to death that your hair has grown and changed SO MUCH!!! I'm excited for you! Madalyne

p.s. I'll try to be on here a little more often.

Edited by Madalyne - September 04 2006 at 12:03am
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 5:33am
Thanks girls!!!

Madalyne...good to see you again.  I get really busy too and haven't been around as much as I used to be.  I do love to pop in though and see how everyone is going.   Your hair is looking stunning too!!!!

Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 3:11pm
Love the color! And it's so damn shiny! :)
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 4:26pm
Great progress, Rini!   Your hair is looking terrific!  And welcome back, Madalyne!  Your hair is really long too!   I know all too well what it's like to get super busy with other stuff; witness my posting history (sometimes going long stretches between posting sessions).
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 5:01pm
WHOA, RINI!!!!!!!  That is some great growth you've got there - so exciting to see the difference from a year ago. Congratulations!!!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 7:50pm
Thanks Shyanne, Dave and SK. I'd love to see an update pic of yours SK!!!

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 3:06am
Your hair is looking amazing, Rini! The colour and shine is great.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 8:02am
Great growing Rini!  It gets even prettier every photo!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 1:36pm
I will try to post an update photo soon, Rini - thanks for asking!! I've been avoiding doing any update photos for a few months because my hair went through a REALLY LONG resting phase with no growth for two or three months! But I'm back to growing now, and will show a pic soon.
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 2:21pm
Way to grow, Rini!  You hair is looking swesome!

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 7:21pm

Thanks hellfrozeover, Susan and tdouty (hey, how about a new pic of Jen's hair too?)

SK...I know what you mean about hair not growing for a period of time. I've discovered that is exactly what mine does.  It doesn't grow one month, then next month it puts on an inch or more! Makes it hard to predict goals, so I'm just going to enjoy the journey.   Btw, I'm on WO right now and it's going well :D

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 8:08am
I took some new pictures last night so hopefully I'll get one up today.  We haven't tried the WO.  Good luck with it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 10:03am
Wow, WO huh? That is great! I noticed practically NO shedding with WO - I just had difficulties with my head not smelling great after a month......let me know how it goes for you. I bet you're hair will do GREAT with WO
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 11:02am
Very nice keep it up, love the red color.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 11:50am
What the heck is WO???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic