Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How often should one get a trim?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 6:51pm
Therma Silk sounds good. I've used that before (a long time ago).
I could look into getting a wooden comb if that would be better for my hair.

Good tip about not using the boar bristle brush while hair is wet. I didn't know that.

And I'll definitely give the protein treatment a try!!

Thanks for the help, you guys! I'll keep you updated and let you know how it works for me!

And if there's anything else I need to know or do...please let me know!

Edited by Yoda - September 13 2006 at 6:54pm
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2006 at 9:44pm
Oh! I must have forgotten to answer this one. First of all Loose the conair flat iron. That is what is killing your hair. You need a professional ceramic iron. Get either a Sedu or Solia from folica.com.

As far as hair products try Redken, they work great. You can try the all soft line, or the smooth down line. They both work great. You can look at my post on the straight talk forum under "the fight agains humidity". I listed all the products that I use as well as my hair regimen. You will see by the response that people loved it, and it really worked great on them. Always use Redken heat glide when using a flat iron. It works great and will protect your hair from the heat.

Much love, shary
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 5:07pm
Thank you Shary!!  I'll go check out that other post too!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 6:24pm
shary to wear your hair straight or curly often just curious?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 6:58pm
Well the one I posted on the fight against humidity is to wear your hair straight often. However, if you wear your hair curly most of the time, I can tell you what to use to make them look frizz free and beautifull. Get Matrix Shampoo and Conditioner. The "Sleek" line, it comes in the orange bottles. Wash and condition your hair, and as a leave in use Bed Head Curls Rock. That should be enough to give you beautiful, smooth, frizz free curls. If you find that it is not enough (which I doubt) then put in some Sebastian Potion 9, before putting in the Bead Head Curls Rock.

Try it, you won't be sorry. I saw your picture. I got the advice I just gave you from a girl with hair just like yours. She walked into work one day with this beautifull head of amazing curls. I asked her how she got them that way, and she gave me the above recipe.

Much love, Shary
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 10:31am
sounds neat shary, if i use the matric sleek line though my curls are just flat so i wonder what her texture was i have to use there curly line. but the bed head curls rock is nice i have some of that and sebastion potion 9 is good as long as u dont over use it then u have a head of grease.
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:11am
Her texture is really thick and and kind of coarse. And she has tons of hair. Did you see that picture Sugarcube posted of her hair? Well is like that. From your pic I can tell you have softer, lighter curls, so I can understand the sleek line weighting you down. The sebastian potion 9 is great, but you do have watch the amoung if your hair is fine or if you don't blow dry. Otherwise you can get either really oily hair, or really crunchy hair. But the product itselft if used properly works great and only has one cone, which is good for people who worry about that. For people with thick curly and/or dry hair it works perfect, and really helps tame the hair down. I rarely wear my hair curly (usually only one week out of the month, to give my hair a break from the heat) So the Sebastian works great as a leave in for me, because I blow dry and flat iron. Eventhough I only do it twice a week.
If the Matrix Curly line works for you, then I say stick with. If you are looking to try something new, then you could try Redken bodyfull or Redken water rush. They both condition great without weighting your hair down or flatening your curls. Always remember to scrunch your curls to give them extra body.

Much love, Shary
love59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Yoda Yoda wrote:

And if there's anything else I need to know or do...please let me know!

1. Trimming doesnt grow your hair.
2. Dont use hair brushes for now use combs.
3. moisturise twice daily at least the dry ends of your hair.
4. Dont use shampoo conditioners.
5.wash and condition your hair 3 times a week but be careful about what you use, read up on ingredients and always use shampoo for dry damaged/ processed hair.

Finally its not that your hair isnt growing fast enough ist just that it is breaking at the ends and spliting. If your hair is breaking almost as fast as its growin you wont get healthy growth.
Also your choice of styling like flat irons if used everyday will wreck your hair. If poss think of  another hairstyle you can have whilst growing it out.

Good luckSmile

( I get most of my advice from Cathy Howse and other books you may get good counsel off one)

Edited by love59 - September 29 2006 at 4:29am
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 3:03am
Thanks for the info, Love59! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic