Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

issue..help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nessa2461 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nessa2461 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: issue..help
    Posted: September 09 2006 at 10:35pm
hey everyone,

i normally have light brown hair that i lighten to a light blonde.  I have been usng color brilliance at home and its been great, however tday i decided to try ferria, mainly because my aunt used it and the color and texture of her hair turned out wonderful.  My color did come out good, but i have some scalp breakage (im guessin thats what it is), in 3 little places.  I normally have a very dry scalp and the places where these things came out are theplaces that are normally the dryest.  could the dry scalp be my problem? am i just allegrc to ferria?

thanx!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 7:09am
It sounds to me (though I'll say first I'm not a pro), that you just had dry skin in those places that got irritated by the chemicals.  At least, I've heard people describe allergic reactions before and those sounded far worse than this.  I'd refrain from dying it in the future any time your scalp is not in optimum condition, and avoid chemicals for awhile now until it heals. 

In the future, to help with your dry scalp, there are some things you can try.  One is getting a small empty bottle and making up some dilute shampoo to wash your hair with instead of concentrated shampoo.  You can dilute it 50/50 with water, or even more water, and you will still get a good lather (most shampoos are highly concentrated and can take this much diluting).  Mix up only what you need per wash or two, don't leave it sitting around dilute too long so it doesn't grow things in it (not likely, but just in case).  Roll it slowly to mix it, don't shake it. 

This may help because shampoo is often so concentrated it really strips the scalp of all its natural oil.  Diluted shampoo will still lather, and still remove all the oil, but not to this overdrying extent.  You may also find that you can go an extra day without washing if you so desire, because without stripping so much of your scalp's natural oil away, your scalp learns to produce less oil, and your hair will go longer before getting oily, (but at the same time be less dry).

Some people also don't use shampoo at all, and wash their hair with conditioner and it works very well for them.  Not so much for me, but they love it.  My point is you will just have to try and see what works best for your scalp. 

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
KarenNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 9:26pm
My 2 cents:
Go easy on the shampoo, as Susan advised.  I also recommend staying away from Feria.  It contains metallic salts - very bad for hair & scalp.  (The color may look good for a short time, but that usually doesn't last and it may end up looking awful before long.)  I suggest you go back to Ion Color Brilliance next time.
Good luck!
Strand test, strand test, strand test!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic