Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair snapped off by bleach by a hairdresser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair snapped off by bleach by a hairdresser
    Posted: September 14 2006 at 12:54am
deleted

Edited by Miffny - September 01 2009 at 5:29am
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 2:08am
Hi Miffny,

So sorry about your horrible experience. I looked at the pictures and he really did damaged your hair. Just so you know, you don't have to take that. You can take them to court. Another person on this site had a similar situation. She took the hair stylist to court and was awarded $5,000. I was just looking at her post the other day, but I don't remember which thread it was on. Get your self s good protein treatment like Nexxus emergency and start doing weekly treatments. That should at least stop the fall out, and it will strengthen your hair.
I would go back to the salon and demand a full refund, and if they refused I would inform them of my intensions to sue. If they still refuse, take them to small claims court. I assure you after they look at what they did to your hair, you will win the case. You can even ask at the court house, where is there paralegal office. Is usually very near the courthouse. The offer help and legal advice for free. So find out where it is, and teach this people a lesson.

Hope everything works out and your hair recovers quickly.
Much love, Shary
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2006 at 6:34am
Hi Shary thanks so much for the moral support, things in Australia are harder as I already have called consumer affairs & basically it's his word against mine even though everyone knows he damaged my hair including him!.Imagine if I were a celebrity I am sure I would have had the royal treatment instead of being treated as no-one

I have to bite the bullet it's so unfair I just can't believe it happened & even worse is the lack of customer service & caring is just shocking.

I am so broke I just can't afford anything right now but will save up for the Nexxus treatment.I am on a DSP as he knows as I had to stop work due to MS I wish I could just get treatments to do at home I never want to see his face again & to top it all off I just saw they have re-vamped the website!!
www.groovehair.com

Much Love,
Miffny

Edited by Miffny - September 14 2006 at 7:06am
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 12:31am
 UHG~I can relate.Nothing is worse then a c*ckY arrogant hair dresser. And they critiasize people like me for doing my own hair. I paid 300 dollars once to have this guy bleach my hair WHITE and tell me it was done. I mean,FLAT WHITE with no pigment at all!!! This is AFTER I told him I wanted natural looking blonde hair that was medium to dark colored! I made a big deal about it and had The OWNER (not the same guy~I wouldnt let him touch my hair again) put in color and lowlights.
As far as your hair goes,it isnt a lost cause.Although just conditioner isnt always what does the trick. Find a Beauty supply store and ask for a NEUTRAL PROTEIN FILLER which is CLEAR. You can dilute it with water and it makes an excellent recontructor.You'll want to apply it to damp hair and leave on about 20 minutes,maybe twice a week.
NEXUS HAIR EMERGENCEE is also good. AND,BEDHEAD AFTER-PARTY is a MUST. I used this on my hair when it was also blond and always felt dry and had some breakage. You apply it to damp hair from the shower and it smooths hair and makes it very shiney and soft and helps protect from blowdrying if you have to. It is WONDERFUL for dry brittle hair. I got mine at hair cuttery when I had my last trim when the lady reccomended it (and I normally do not buy products they reccomend)
Sometimes being blond doesnt seem worth the hassle which is why I have since gone back to my natural color...but you CAN have healthy hair if your a blond,you just need to use the right products. Good luck to you!
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 1:21am
Originally posted by julesyjul88 julesyjul88 wrote:

UHG~I can relate.Nothing is worse then a c*ckY arrogant hair dresser. And they critiasize people like me for doing my own hair. I paid 300 dollars once to have this guy bleach my hair WHITE and tell me it was done. I mean,FLAT WHITE with no pigment at all!!! This is 
As far as your hair goes,it isnt a lost cause.Although just conditioner isnt always what does the trick. Find a Beauty supply store and ask for a NEUTRAL PROTEIN FILLER which is CLEAR. You can dilute it with water and it makes an excellent recontructor.You'll want to apply it to damp hair and leave on about 20 minutes,maybe twice a week.
NEXUS HAIR EMERGENCEE is also good. AND,BEDHEAD AFTER-PARTY is a MUST. I used this on my hair when it was also blond and always felt dry and had some breakage. You apply it to damp hair from the shower and it smooths hair and makes it very shiney and soft and helps protect from blowdrying if you have to. It is WONDERFUL for dry brittle hair. I got mine at hair cuttery when I had my last trim when the lady reccomended it (and I normally do not buy products they reccomend)
Sometimes being blond doesnt seem worth the hassle which is why I have since gone back to my natural color...but you CAN have healthy hair if your a blond,you just need to use the right products. Good luck to you!

Ahhhhh julesyjul88 we are on opposite sides ofthe world but may as well have had the same hairdresser this guy is so c*ckY & arrogant as well plus he overlapped & re-bleached already bleached hair so mine that broke off was whiter than white too blast I wanted natural blonde too! stupid hairdressers like them should NOT practice .Added to my list TiGi BEDHEAD AFTER-PARTY. I had already bought the whole range of Redken's Extreme which set me back a bit it's nice but my hair still feels so dry so I will grab some Nexxus & TiGi tonight thank god for late night shopping in the city.

Who makes the NEUTRAL PROTEIN FILLER as I have a sachet of Matrix's clear protein essentilas 5+ PROTOPAK restructurizing treatment have yet to try it I'm terrifed my hair will become more brittle now

I hear you as I am going back to my base 5 the blonde was good but when this hapenns it's not worth it.

I hope your hair i sdoing really well & I am sorry that disaster happened to you

Good Luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 4:21am
Let's see...the protein filler is made by Colorful(and it says "the hairdressers color insurance"on it) comes in a small or big bottle and is only about 5 bucks for the big. A nice hair dresser told me about it 5 years ago and I never color without it now. I also use it now and then to make it stronger and boost shine. make sure after you use it,to add a little conditoner too though,just to balance the ph levels~but is perfectly safe,it's actual live active proteins that fill in the hairs weak spots.
My hair has been severely damaged and it pulled through using this stuff,I think you'll have no problems! I noticed a difference really the first time after using the nexus emergencee. And..I just colored my hair 3 times this week to get back to my natural color,and with  the BEDHEAD it doesnt even look dry at all.And I can run my fingers through it with no snags.
Let me know if you like it and how it goes!

Edited by julesyjul88 - September 15 2006 at 4:24am
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 5:53am
Went to the warehouse & we don't have Colorful in Australia figures !!!!, Nexxus has been pulled from a lot of salons so I'll have to hunt for that one but the leave-in BEDHEAD After-PArty is $28.00 so it's a save up .

I don't understand why we have so little here in Australia as in Redken-Matrix-L'Oreal-Matthew James-Joico-Wella-DeLorenzo-Keune-PPS-Davroe -TiGi-So-Rusk & a few other bits & pieces.

I so want to run my fingers through my hair without the already cut off snaggy midlengths & ends. I will keep you posted.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 2:21pm
 Sorry to hear that! maybe you could try to order them online though.I only paid 14 dollars for my BEDHEAD.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 6:21pm
Yeah, try ebay. Not only can find almost anything there, but you can get great deals.
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 5:33am
ebay it is I'll go on a good search now .

Thanks so much will keep you posted how my hair goes .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 7:32pm
 Good I cant wait and i hope it goes well!
cadsmail2u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadsmail2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 9:41am
Good morning julesyjul88,  I have read acouple of your posts regarding the colorful protein filler and am wondering if this is what my hair needs. My hair is pretty light (i have highlights / lowlights)  the lowlights which to me are alittle on the reddish side also seem to be very dry. My last trip to the salon was last month (a new stylist) and the it almost seems like the color is already fading and as it is fading it seems to get in worse shape. The minute water hits my hair IT LOOKS LIKE A RATS NEST and completely tangled and i have alot breakage. My hair is naturally curly (not tight curls kinda loose spiral) but even my curls have pretty much vanished and all i have is funky wavy with no body. I have done aphogee treatments in the past (just something I seen at Sally's one time and thought I would try it) and actually did one yesterday. Usually when i have done this treatment I notice a change almost immediately BUT after I rinsed out yesterday I still had the nest. I bought a small bottle of the Nuetral Protein Filler but now I am concerned about doing this after the aphogee treatment.  Any input would be great. Thanks for your time. 
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 10:12am
Hi  Sharyg11 well nothing on ebay but I had 10cms off & getting more off tomorrow I have had it spending a fortune on my hair, but I am devastated on 4 years of growing all gone in an hour through the carelessness of a BAD hairdresser I am in tears .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 12:42pm
 HI! Protein filler is pretty harmless. What it does is fill in any weak spots the hair cuticle has to help with breakage. Hair naturally has protein in it which can get stripped away when chemical processes are done. The hair gets holes in it,which can cause uneven hair color and result in breakage. The protein filler replaces that "barrier" that is lost and makes hair stronger,shinier and more healthy. Since you got the neutral protein filler,which is colorless,you can use it anytime. Most likely you should apply it to damp hair,and leave on about 20 minutes. I color at home,therefore I add it to my haircolor as well to ensure even color and less damage.
Nexus emergencee is another really great product to try. It feels kinda sticky and gooey while you're using it,but after a few treatments,hair is remarkably in better condition.
You may also want to try the BEDHEAD AFTER-PARTY. This is just a serum/creme you add to your hair after you've washed it. IT REALLY helps with the Rats nest you refer to and in smoothing the hair out. I find I just cant leave the house without it.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 1:31pm
Miffny, I'm so sorry to hear that. Wish there was something I could do. I know the pain of someone messing up your hair. Specially when there is nothing you can do about it.

I hope everything works out, and that you don't end up having to cut it all off.

Much love and huggs to you, Shary.
missy60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 11:44am
you have to follow a protein treatment with a moisturing conditioner or it can give you the rats nest thing. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadsmail2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 12:16pm
Hi missy60. Do you have one that you recommend? I'll tell you I almost cant stand this anymore. No matter what I do it seems like it is getting worse. I did the Aphogee treatment last weekend (are you familiar with that?) you do use the Aphogee moisture balance after the treatment. And my hair was easy to comb out afterwards and felt good through the second wash (did treatment on Sunday, second wash on tuesday) then today I washed my hair and the TANGLES were almost worse then before - it took about 15 - 20 minutes to pick it out. Like I said in my first post I have the blonde / brown highlights/low lights. the color name that she used on the low lights is "chestnut" and they appear to me to be more of a reddish / coppery color and it almost seems like this where a major part of my problem is. Does that make any sense? I'm getting ready to go on vacation on part of my vacation includes swimming and snorkeling and to be perfectly honest I almost dread it! Although i love to do water sports I am almost paniced over getting my hair wet 0=(
missy60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 1:00pm
I think you can use the Aphogee moisture balance even though you dont do the treatment.  Have you tried that yet?  I use Kenra moisturing conditioner and its pretty good.  I really like the nexxus emergencee treatment it is protein also not as much a major treatment as the Aphogee though and it can be used more often.  One thing you can try that really helps me when my hair is damaged and dry is I use a cheap conditioner like Suave and VO5 to wash with I apply alot and let it sit for a while the do a good scrub on my head like with regular shampoo and it will lather.  Then I use a better conditioner afterwards and dont rinse it all out.  Try to get on with no protein in it though if you are doing the protein treatments because protein can dry your hair out.  I have to use shampoo though so once a week or depending on the conditon of my hair and damage I use it only once in 2 weeks.  I used this method until my hair gets in better condition.  Try combing the tangles out when your hair is full of conditoner in the shower it is so much easier.  I have to use shampoo only because I use well water.  You didnt say what kind of water you have there is an excellant product I forgot to mention it is the greatest.  My water is the cause of all my hair problems and I use malibu 2000 gel treatment it gets rid of the dryness and really help with coloring also it is pretty cheap to use and does wonders.  Oh well I have rambled on and on probally alot more then you really wanted to know ...lol 
missy60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 1:23pm
here are a couple of websites that might help on this read monchichi  review and just use similar products if you dont have these brands  http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=25957/ReviewID=338169/Treatments/Redken/Extreme_Deep_Fuel This is another website where I got some great ideas from the first she explains this method http://www.geocities.com/bonnecasey/hairemergency3.html sort of explains how you can use similar products.  Look around on her website it is filled with great advice.  Ok enough advice from me if you have any more questions I will try to help you out if I can

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadsmail2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 2:38pm
thank you so much!!!!! i am checking them out now. one question for the protein filler. I have that little bottle of colorful nuetral that you mix with i think it said 1 oz filler + 2oz water (when using as conditioner) can you put that in a spray bottle and spray it on.  or do you have to apply as you would hair color (kinda of a silly question BUT i've never used it before and i dont know if it would get too sticky or think to spray) thanks again for all your info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic