Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for keeping eyeliner on...anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for keeping eyeliner on...anyone?
    Posted: September 19 2006 at 4:17am
Hey Everybody...

Ok, you know how some of us like to line the inner rim of our eyes? Well, I find that it always tends to smudge off fairly quickly or wipe away. Celebrities seem to have no problems keeping it on/in their eyes (although I'm sure they do frequent touch-ups, but still)... anyway, might any of you have tips on how to keep the eyeliner on the inner rim in place? Perhaps a certain technique or maybe certain products?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 2:20pm
You have to get the waterproof kind. It stands up to moisture which the inner rim of your eyes have alot of. Get the waterproof kind and problem solved.
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 6:14pm
Very nice! That does make sense.  Thank you, dear!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 6:53pm
Anytime girl!
SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 8:09pm
I read somewhere for makeup tips and they said to use black eyeshadow and smooth some on for eyeliner.. never tried it myself
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 11:55pm
Be careful with lining that part of your eyes, though-- I've heard it's likely to cause eye infections.
More awesome than a manatee!
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 10:18am
I don't line that part of my eye-I'm afraid of irritation or infection! But I am in the market for a good waterproof liner. My liner tends to smudge a bit by the end of the work day. Any brand suggestions!
Follow Your Bliss
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 9:20pm
Lancome, Mac, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden. They all make real good ones.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 9:18am
Thank you! I love MAC liptick for its staying power, so I think I'll try their liner.
Follow Your Bliss
RLMS56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLMS56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2006 at 9:49am
Styli-Style is excellent and has great staying power.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2006 at 9:56am
Much success with the waterproof liner so far.

I also forgot a trick that works for me in the summer-try refrigerating your liner. I find it helps with both application & staying power.
maui_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maui_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 7:57pm
I'm not sure if I'm to late on this one but as other said above MAC I use thier product called FluidLine It's not a pencil or a liquid. It's a gel that comes in a little jar, you use a brush to put it on. I find it better then a pencil because you can really control how much you want and where, plus it doesn't come off thru the day as pencils tend to. It goes on super easy like liquid except you dont have to wait for it to dry.  It's a really good product IMO.
missaudriefaye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missaudriefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 12:23am
Originally posted by SDOW SDOW wrote:

I read somewhere for makeup tips and they said to use black eyeshadow and smooth some on for eyeliner.. never tried it myself

it works great. i ran out of eyeliner so i used my black eyeshadow on my inner rim as eyeliner and it stays on WAYYY better than regular eyeliner. it wasnt an expensive brand of eyeshadow either.
<3 a u d r i e
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 11:02am
Yeah, it works out pretty well. Buy a good quality angled brush and you can apply perfect lines. You can also try applying some eye shadow primer on the area first. It will make it last much much longer.
sutchana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sutchana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 5:12am
so hot

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic