Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sally's hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 2:29pm
you know i like sally's hair as well but only for like a week then it goes dry and yukkky... Please tell us what hair you bought including color cause for the price replacing the hair every month is not worth it. but if your getting something i'm not i'm dying to know what it is.. Wink

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - March 01 2009 at 2:30pm
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
GetHipNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetHipNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 11:14am
Wow, you are the first person I've ever heard that liked Sally's hair. 
Our of curiousity, which brand of Sally's did you purchase....and how long did it actually last? 

I find it all to be crap, even the most expensive hair they have doesn't last more than a few weeks before it starts drying out and frizzing.

I must be missing something here.

The hair I have in now is Bohyme (which can't be bought at Sally's) and I've been using it since around September.  It's STILL fantastic, even after every day washing and blow drying. 

It's amazing really.
Sandy
lpbailey8407 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpbailey8407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 9:30pm
sally's hair is great! i have bought 18" from them 3 times and every time they were fantastic!

i dyed and heat styled them and they were fantastic. only thing is, they do shed quit a bit when installing them with pretty much any method. great though especially for the price!
momofboys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momofboys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2009 at 12:24pm
Well I just bought some utip tease brand which are suppose to be great.  If I dont like those my next purchase will be ER.  ER is a little more pricey but they are a premium hair and I guess that is where I will end up.  I think the tease will work though.  I was told great things about tease and that they will stay in for up to 4 months!Thumbs%20Up
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 4:19pm
i used the sally's hair to make clips ins only and even after only using them a few times they got all tangly and  ratty looking..

only thing i found that helps is using a conditioner with ALOT of sillicones to give it that slip the hair needs

For every day use i would look to a better quality hair.. get what ya pay for

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 12:04am
wow your experiance was way worse than mine. That sucks. However do keep us updated on how the KELP is going for you. I am currently taking horse tale vitamins along with cod oil and biotene. To be honest I don't see much difference in the growth however I have noticed with the horse tale that any cut such as paper cut or anything relating to a wound heals so much faster and they say that horse tale is very good for that. Anyways my new growth of hair seems stronger and looks healthier but i havnet seen it grow dramadically so who knows...
Like I said keep us updated on how that goes with the KELP and thanks for the updateSmile

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - March 06 2009 at 7:19pm
Sinfuliphone.com
GetHipNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetHipNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2009 at 8:28pm
3 Packs is ALOT of hair!  I was angry when I wasted my money on ONE pack of that hair. DO NOT BUY HAIR FROM SALLY'S ... I only washed mine in cold water as recommended, braided it at night, then when it started drying out and tangling up, I used all the expensive recommended products.

When it's dead, it's dead.  You can cut it shorter to see if the upper part is good.  Use some of the spray on hair oil at night to soften it and braid it, then rinse it out in the morning with some light conditioner (shampoo only the top of your head).

You can work with it for a while to make it LOOK decent but the tangling will not go away.  Then it will start to look embarrassingly bad.

Same thing happened to every one I know that has used this hair.

Unfortunately I had a whole OTHER problem to deal with besides the lousy hair ... I had them woven in for alot less that but unfortunately, I made them work for about 4 months.  And when I took them out, I lost half of my own hair so am now strapped to glue in extensions for probably a year until I get some hair back on my head.

If they are sewn in with those little beads, I recommend getting them removed because your own hair will become dreads and you'll regret it.

I now buy BOHEME (I think that's how it's spelled) and it's wonderful hair.  1 pack for $100 and it's lovely hair.  I've had it in about 3 months now.

In all honesty, talk to african american women and find out where they buy their hair.   I've gotten good advice because they seems to know where all the little places are that sell good hair.  Try to find Boheme ... perhaps you can sell the unused, unopen hair on ebay. 

Sally's wont' take it back ... I even sent it all back to them with a letter (corporate) and no response at all. They take no responsibility for their products.

I feel for ya ... get good Boheme hair, and have it put in gently in your hair so you can at least salvage the health of your own.

I glue mine in now and although it doesnt last long, you can always touch it up at home easily.  Just be careful when removing the glue ... if you slide it down the shaft of your hair with your nails, it can damage your hair.  Get it wet with some conditioner, soak it and knead it, then pull it out carefully (it feels like rubber cement).

As far as all my hair loss goes, I was told that KELP will really help it grow back quickly and thicker.  Go to GNC, get some Kelp and they also have a hair program which is fairly reasonable and I"m using it right now too.  I'm reading good results about this.

Good luck!!!

Edited by GetHipNow - January 31 2009 at 8:30pm
Sandy
momofboys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momofboys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2009 at 8:17pm
I bought 3 packages of the satin strands at $80 each then had someone put them in for me at $500 and they have been in for one week.  I am disgusted with them!  After one week they are pulling out!  I am using a very gentle shampoo, taking good care of them, I put chi oil on my hair every day and avoid the tips.  I had great legnths once and they didnt come out for 6 months!  This was a HUGE waste of money!  Makes me sick!  I got them because I lost most of my hair from a medication I was on.  I guess I have learned my lesson, I would have been better off just spending the $1500 on great legnths then trying to save money and ending up wasting $800 plus tip!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 9:40pm
I have to agree with the dryness of the satin strands... granited this thread is a few months old i recently started using satin strands malibu and st. tropez. I loved them at first but the ends seem to dry out fast. I have a little over 200 pieces in and i dont have any problem with tangling or anything but I feel that i am replacing them every month and a half due to dryness... i use a leave in conditioner as well let the conditioner sit on my hair for about 5 min in the shower (biolage) i do blowdry and straighten but only the top of my hair twords the scalp i dont use the straightner on the ends of the hair...
I am wondering if the others who used satin strands I tips and had problems with tangling/ dryness used the same colors as me or darker colors? I am ready to try a new brand thats for sure!
Sinfuliphone.com
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2008 at 12:31pm
SO many things to consider before buying hair....
Texture of your hair
straiaght-wavy-curly
thick-thin-dry-oily
color-hair cut currently with no extensions
desired efect you are wanting

After you can answers most or all of these questions you are ready to start shopping...lol..hey I learned the hard way and through MUCH trial and error....I found a few brands that I really like, but my hair is dry, curly and red....now with a Japense straightner on it......but never the less, I have a course dry hair.....I  love my bodywave, Bohyme hair!
I ususall wear the same 8 oz of hair...which is 2 packs of their hair.....I get 2-3 months wear....and once you build your arsenal of hair up and have leftover hair...well you use that for when the ends do get dry and you need to trim but don't want to lose your length...you just add the extra left over hair and add back to your length.

It really all depends on what your hair looks like to beging with....if you post pictures, Im sure we might be able to better help you.

I love my human hair.....a good brand of course....and trust me...hair from Sally's is NOT going to last...and for the price you might as well get good hair that will last longer.

Synthetics...once again is up to the individual....I can't wear if becasuse I have to curl or flat iron my own hair to tame it and get the frizzy out...hince using  heat on syn. isn't good for me cause I burn the piss out of it...yes you can use heat on it but you have to wet the hair and turn your temps down...and blah blah blah...don't have that kinda time...but if you have straight hair and it's in good condition and wear it straight for the most part....some syns. are really good.

I still vote for my bohyme human bodywave....straight bohyme I can't curl worth a hoot...however Sherrie wears it and gets a lovely curl that holds...once again I don't have the patience to clip curls everyday or whatever.....here's where Sherrie can shed some light on SS hair....French refined is pretty hair but I found that it tangeled alot and Ididn't want to deal with that all day....so I love the fact that I can twist and turn and bun my hair at night and let it down the next day and...wola....a nice wave to the hair without having to curl it all...now it I want big barrell curls...big curling iron and..poof....great curls that hold.

Just my opinion on all the above.....everyone has their favorite brand and texture of hair....just figure out your texture and all and then base your choice on what brand to buy.... just remember..alll hair is not created equally...or company's...beware of who you buy from...personally I buy from Sherrie's site for my supplies...use to buy hair from her when she had it...hoping she'll start again..anyway, she provides me all my tapes and glues and removers.
Hair I buy from Ebonyline and you get free shipping of orders over X amount.

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 9:40pm
It's really all a matter of what you want to spend, if your hair is curly,wavy, or straight, and what color it is.

Synthetic hair CAN be good and inexpensive, but it can also tangle.

Human will be expensive, you'll find better colors to match (esp. with browns IMHO) and it can tangle if you get crap hair.

It really depends on install method too! If you like sew in's I'd go with some Bohyme in Hand tied wefts, check out hairextensions101.com
they have great service!
^..^
GetHipNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetHipNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 9:04pm
So now that I see how sensitive natural hair is, I AM wondering how synthetic hair compares in regards to look, endurance, etc.  Does it actually blend well and look natural?

Can you give me the pros and cons of each type? 
Sandy
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 5:01pm
Bohyme can be very good,
Shrinkies.com's Asian is AWESOME,
and if you don't mind synthetic, get ProHair.
^..^
GetHipNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetHipNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 1:09pm
Yes, sure seems to be dead.  I spent about $60 a few days ago on hair products for it ... <sigh>  I take it that this "natural hair" doesn't absorb protein or conditioners like "real" hair.

So tell me this .... I want to have extensions ... what IS a great, long-lasting brand of hair that will give me a good 4 months or so?  I can't spend $400 on hair ...
Sandy
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 12:37pm
Nothing you can do with that hair....it's dead.....nothing will re-vive it or help it....it's just really bad hair. It may be good for some people and for clip-ins...but most ppl have had terrible luck with it. It seems like such a bargain but it's not...ok if you are in apinch and plan on using it only for a couple of weeks if attached permanently and you wash and dry.

I know it sucks after only wearing 4 weeks.

Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
GetHipNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetHipNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 12:05pm
I've had my Satin Strands in for about 3 weeks and it has quickly become a NIGHTMARE.  Mine are sewn in, I paid quite a bit to have it done, and this was the hair recommended by my hairdresser.

After only a few washings (I only washed it twice within one week), it became dry, lifeless, and knotted continuously.  On week 4, I'm ready to just take it out.  I was told it would last up to 4 months but this is absolutely horrible.

I've tried all the recommended conditioners by Sally's, have been very gentle, cold water only, gentle combing out with a loop brush, and I just can't get it under control.

I don't blow dry, it's not been exposed to any chemicals other than prescribed hair products for extensions, no swimming, gentle washing, I just can't believe it!

It's quite obvious that they put some sort of coating on the hair ... and I wish I could just put it back on.  I have plenty of this hair left and when compared to the hair on my head (from the same package), it's not similar at all.

HELP ... what have others used/done to get their hair back in shape?

I was told I could do virtually anything I do to my own hair with this hair but I guess that's not the case at all.
Sandy
babygirl720 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygirl720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 2:15am
Originally posted by sbprincess90 sbprincess90 wrote:

Well I use extensions and I use satin strands from sallys. U dont want to use a flat iron or curl your hair unless its with rollers. I use a shampoo called Pureology and I shower in cool water. haha even though i hate cold water. But after I get out, I use leave in conditioner with Pureology. It has silicone in it. IT WILL KEEP IT SOFT! use lots of leave in conditioner if other off brands. Sleep in a braid. :) They have extension brushes with loops so you wont damage your hair or pull it out. HOPE I HELPED YALL!  Its not the hair. Its good hair, its just yall need to learn to take care of your hair and thats hard work if you dont have extension shampoo or extension products. :)

"We all need to learn to take care of our hair..."

Wow.... who is this girl?
I'm selfish, impatient, & a little insecure, I make mistakes, I am out of control, & at times, hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst, then you sure as HELL dont deserve me at my best
cheveyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheveyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 11:57am
I have had Satin Strands since Sept and they're doing pretty well for being cheap.  My weft has grown down some, how far is it suppose to grow down before you have to redo them?  I have also noticed my real hair has got thinner? or is it just an illusion?  Do you have to take any time without the extensions esp. if my real hair has got thinner I don't want to! thanks! Karen
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 11:46am
Thanks for clearing that up sbprincess90.
She's right, YALL NEED TO LEARN!!

sbprincess90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbprincess90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 11:00am
Well I use extensions and I use satin strands from sallys. U dont want to use a flat iron or curl your hair unless its with rollers. I use a shampoo called Pureology and I shower in cool water. haha even though i hate cold water. But after I get out, I use leave in conditioner with Pureology. It has silicone in it. IT WILL KEEP IT SOFT! use lots of leave in conditioner if other off brands. Sleep in a braid. :) They have extension brushes with loops so you wont damage your hair or pull it out. HOPE I HELPED YALL!  Its not the hair. Its good hair, its just yall need to learn to take care of your hair and thats hard work if you dont have extension shampoo or extension products. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic