Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sally's hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
citgirl630 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citgirl630 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sally's hair extensions
    Posted: September 19 2006 at 1:39pm
Hey Everyone,
Has anyone tried the hair extensions from sally beauty supply? They look pretty good to me.
???????

MissAllie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAllie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 2:02pm
Which Brand?  Are you asking about the satin strands? 
hflsales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hflsales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 3:02pm
I purchased the Euronext clip on extensions from Sally's and I absolutely love them! Especially love the price ($59 with Sally's card).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citgirl630 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 12:56pm
Yes I was talking about the Satin Strands. Have you tried them?
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 1:30pm
I have some in now....long story of why I have them in....but none the less I had to do something quick.....I've only washed once....so I can't really comment to much on these.....give me a couple of weeks on my curling iron and flat iron and I'll have a better review for ya.
I can tell you they don't hold curl very well unless you spray the heck out of them....but they did razor very well.

Edited by JeepGirl - September 20 2006 at 1:30pm
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citgirl630 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 1:33pm

Oh that sucks, I was just going to get them for now, but I need them to hold a curl.

Thats ok I will have to order my hair instead.
Thanks!
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 10:05pm
to to silky for me.
shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
fitch11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitch11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 12:14am
i have had them in for 3 days now... and i loved them at first. they held really well and weren't too expensive for human hair... but

after the first wash they became dull, lifeless, and brittle.

im thinking that theyre initally coated in silicon and thats why they are so "satin"y. but yeah theyre kind of ugly now and i'll take them out tomorrow.

then again, i didnt follow the directions and wash in cold water... i washed them in hot water in the shower. maybe that has something to do with the coating coming off?
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 9:14am
same here with my SS...however it tends to match my texture of hair.... but.......I'm getting a bit of tangeling and matting.....which I HATE! Maybe we should og on to SAlly's web site and give them some feedback...They might try and inprove the hair if people told them how it holds up.
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
fitch11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitch11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 11:34am
i guess for the price of the hair i'm impressed. it's held pretty well although it requires a lot of brushing. it still looks good though :) im pleased and i think i'll continue to use this hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citgirl630 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 12:52pm
Thanks for the info everyone!
AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 9:23pm
i'm interested in the euronext clip ins, let me kno how they hold up hflsales
Jasmin777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasmin777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2006 at 6:57pm
I sell 100% human hair extensions sets, customized for each persons specific styling and color preference, in clip ins and bundles for use with bonding, fusion application methods. 

Admin Note:
This post has been edited to remove advertising.

Edited by Karen Shelton - October 02 2006 at 12:43am
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 1:50pm
Well let me update you about my Sallys hair purchase.....I've had this hair in 2 weeks and while it has dried out a little....it matches my texure of hair, so that part is ok....however....this frigin'Censored knotting and matting up no matter what I do.....is driving me nutsWacko....yes I was desperate enough to install this hair...but damn...1 or 2 washes and it tangles like crazy?!
I just ordered my elite thermofiber....thank god Amm got more in....I'm sure hoping that it isn't too soft and silky.....hope I can razor it and create more texture to the hair. Anybody textured this hair? Does it dry out some after washing a couple of times?  Amm I'm sure you can tell me more about this hair. I mean I don't want it to dry out and get frizzy...but just wondering if it gets more texture when the silicone wears off... or does  it not react the same way as most human hair after washing several times?
Thanks for the feedback chic!

Edited by JeepGirl - September 30 2006 at 1:51pm
Thanks,
JeepGirl

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Jasmin777 Jasmin777 wrote:

I sell 100% human hair extensions sets, customized for each persons specific styling and color preference, in clip ins and bundles for use with bonding, fusion application methods. I sell in ebay and My ebay ID is:  jasmin_godschild, my feedback is excellent, be sure check out my ebay auctions. Wink

Thanks, I'm going to buy a bunch of hair from you.

Lil'Bohemian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Jasmin777 Jasmin777 wrote:

I sell 100% human hair extensions sets, customized for each persons specific styling and color preference, in clip ins and bundles for use with bonding, fusion application methods. I sell in ebay and My ebay ID is:  jasmin_godschild, my feedback is excellent, be sure check out my ebay auctions. Wink
Please read the rules for this forum. No blatant advertising is allowed-
Thanks 
robynxnicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robynxnicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 9:49pm
I actually work for Sally Beauty Supply and know alot about the hair extensions. Satin strands DO need to be washed in cold to luke-warm water and washed with a very mild shampoo or a wig shampoo. If you have them braided or glued in, the best way to take care of them is braid them at night when you sleep. That will reduce the chances of snarls. If you're only clipping them in, then try your best to lay them flat and/or braid them.

I bought some and LOVE them! I highly reccomend them to all customers. The Euronext ones are night too, my sister bought some of those. Try it! Where else are you going to find good quality hair for 80 dollars?
<3robyn
Jasmin777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasmin777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 10:18pm
please accept my profound apologies, when I posted the "ads", I did not
mean to cause disention or blatant advertising, on this board. I had seen
many other "links to websites that advertise their products/services" on
your board that I mistook them for meaning a persons services could be
offerred on your board.
bertakroll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bertakroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 12:46am

Jasmin

It does look like some allowed to advertise and some don't, doesn't it?LOL I wonder why. What kind of hair do you sell? I bought some gorgeous russian hair but it's bulk and I need someone to pretip it, because by trying to do it myself I already wasted a lot of money.
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 1:20am
Originally posted by bertakroll bertakroll wrote:

Jasmin

It does look like some allowed to advertise and some don't, doesn't it?LOL
That's certainly not true.. blatant ads have never been tolerated on this forum ever since I joined.. and I've seen how the admin has banned folks in the past who violate that rule. You're new here, and you will see that if you stick around a while..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic