Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sally's hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 8:32am
I have the Sallys Satin Strands installed and I would say that I am getting the same results as I did with the Jet set. It is dry all though it matches my real hair but dose require a lot of products to keep tame.
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 10:58am
I know the package said to wash the hair in cold water...but please....I can't see myself doing this....which may be one of the reasons it hasn't held up past a couple of weeks. This hair would be fine for clip-ins I guess...but not for us protac wearers or any other permenant means of wear. 
Kathyann I would have to agree with you on it being just like jet set hair....course I think my jet set went a tad longer before it started tangeling so bad....I mean this hair is CRAZY....3 weeks and all I have to show for it is....crappy tangely, dry hair.....UGGGGG! So if you gals want to buy this hair.....follow the directions and wash in COLD water and let dry.
Waiting for my thermofiber from Amm to arrive so I can get this out of my head.
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
fitch11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitch11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 8:30pm
ok so update on *my* sally beauty satin strands story ((fun times))

ok so i had it in for 3 weeks (minus one day where i briefly took them out because my glue was giving way, but i used the same hair)

soooooo i noticed it dried and lost the coating after the first wash (probably due to the washing of hot water) but if i used product in it (a lot because the hair became porous and i needed to use more) it was fine. well everything was going greatly! i even dyed to to match my exact color and it was good! some breakage but whatever. soooooooo this is where it gets fun

i never thought it would be that important to make sure the hair was untangled before getting into the shower... so neglecting that, i showered and washed my hair....

biggest mistake. it ended up in a rat's nest the size of a baseball and after 2 hours of fighting with it trying to untangle it, I ended up taking it out with monoi oil at 2 in the morning.

really sad because now I have to go get more :( :( :(

is it just me or does your hair seem like it shrinks after you take extensions out?! haha!

PS- does anyon eknow if this hair is cutically aligned? i doubt it is (probably why it tangles sooooo horribly) but that'd be great if it was.

Edited by fitch11 - October 04 2006 at 8:32pm
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 10:46am
I can promise you one thing....I won't be using them again.
Fitch...what products are you using on them to keep them from tangeling....nothing I'm using works for very long.
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 11:36am
Glad I didn't get any!!! I knew it was too silky for me. whew! I love this board!
Shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
fitch11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitch11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 12:38pm
i use bedhead after party.... and then i use S factor "dream drops"
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 12:37pm
dohhhhhh!

I just bought some

I'm glad I read this
I'll wash in cold water and see how long I can get it to last
It's Official...
I'm Addicted To Hair Extensions!
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 12:40pm
also - did anyone try to use colourshines cellophanes on it? I usually get a little longer wear out of dry old hair when I apply that to it. It's a pain to do but so is untangeling a rat's nest.

now I'm wondering if I should even install it if it's gonna tangle in a few weeks
It's Official...
I'm Addicted To Hair Extensions!
chloegirl7s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloegirl7s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2007 at 9:46am
I was about to try the satin strands but if you can only wash in cold, its not worth it..I have been using Sassy for 2 years and I wash, curl straighten and treat like real hair,,,and for the price of $27.00..you can't beat it...If you wear them all the time, use Sassy..just like your own hair..
cheveyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheveyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 11:27pm
They're too silky until you wash them, then they're great!
cheveyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheveyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 11:32pm
When my hairdresser installed them almost two weeks ago she said I couldn't curl them with anything hot, so I have to use the pink foam curlers and I just dampen the ends with a little water use the curlers and in a few hours I have curls until I wash them, I don't even need hairspray and my shedding is VERY minimal, they're the wefts and they were sewn in.
sbprincess90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbprincess90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 11:00am
Well I use extensions and I use satin strands from sallys. U dont want to use a flat iron or curl your hair unless its with rollers. I use a shampoo called Pureology and I shower in cool water. haha even though i hate cold water. But after I get out, I use leave in conditioner with Pureology. It has silicone in it. IT WILL KEEP IT SOFT! use lots of leave in conditioner if other off brands. Sleep in a braid. :) They have extension brushes with loops so you wont damage your hair or pull it out. HOPE I HELPED YALL!  Its not the hair. Its good hair, its just yall need to learn to take care of your hair and thats hard work if you dont have extension shampoo or extension products. :)
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 11:46am
Thanks for clearing that up sbprincess90.
She's right, YALL NEED TO LEARN!!

cheveyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheveyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 11:57am
I have had Satin Strands since Sept and they're doing pretty well for being cheap.  My weft has grown down some, how far is it suppose to grow down before you have to redo them?  I have also noticed my real hair has got thinner? or is it just an illusion?  Do you have to take any time without the extensions esp. if my real hair has got thinner I don't want to! thanks! Karen
babygirl720 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygirl720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 2:15am
Originally posted by sbprincess90 sbprincess90 wrote:

Well I use extensions and I use satin strands from sallys. U dont want to use a flat iron or curl your hair unless its with rollers. I use a shampoo called Pureology and I shower in cool water. haha even though i hate cold water. But after I get out, I use leave in conditioner with Pureology. It has silicone in it. IT WILL KEEP IT SOFT! use lots of leave in conditioner if other off brands. Sleep in a braid. :) They have extension brushes with loops so you wont damage your hair or pull it out. HOPE I HELPED YALL!  Its not the hair. Its good hair, its just yall need to learn to take care of your hair and thats hard work if you dont have extension shampoo or extension products. :)

"We all need to learn to take care of our hair..."

Wow.... who is this girl?
I'm selfish, impatient, & a little insecure, I make mistakes, I am out of control, & at times, hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst, then you sure as HELL dont deserve me at my best
GetHipNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetHipNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 12:05pm
I've had my Satin Strands in for about 3 weeks and it has quickly become a NIGHTMARE.  Mine are sewn in, I paid quite a bit to have it done, and this was the hair recommended by my hairdresser.

After only a few washings (I only washed it twice within one week), it became dry, lifeless, and knotted continuously.  On week 4, I'm ready to just take it out.  I was told it would last up to 4 months but this is absolutely horrible.

I've tried all the recommended conditioners by Sally's, have been very gentle, cold water only, gentle combing out with a loop brush, and I just can't get it under control.

I don't blow dry, it's not been exposed to any chemicals other than prescribed hair products for extensions, no swimming, gentle washing, I just can't believe it!

It's quite obvious that they put some sort of coating on the hair ... and I wish I could just put it back on.  I have plenty of this hair left and when compared to the hair on my head (from the same package), it's not similar at all.

HELP ... what have others used/done to get their hair back in shape?

I was told I could do virtually anything I do to my own hair with this hair but I guess that's not the case at all.
Sandy
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 12:37pm
Nothing you can do with that hair....it's dead.....nothing will re-vive it or help it....it's just really bad hair. It may be good for some people and for clip-ins...but most ppl have had terrible luck with it. It seems like such a bargain but it's not...ok if you are in apinch and plan on using it only for a couple of weeks if attached permanently and you wash and dry.

I know it sucks after only wearing 4 weeks.

Thanks,
JeepGirl

GetHipNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetHipNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 1:09pm
Yes, sure seems to be dead.  I spent about $60 a few days ago on hair products for it ... <sigh>  I take it that this "natural hair" doesn't absorb protein or conditioners like "real" hair.

So tell me this .... I want to have extensions ... what IS a great, long-lasting brand of hair that will give me a good 4 months or so?  I can't spend $400 on hair ...
Sandy
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 5:01pm
Bohyme can be very good,
Shrinkies.com's Asian is AWESOME,
and if you don't mind synthetic, get ProHair.
^..^
GetHipNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetHipNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 9:04pm
So now that I see how sensitive natural hair is, I AM wondering how synthetic hair compares in regards to look, endurance, etc.  Does it actually blend well and look natural?

Can you give me the pros and cons of each type? 
Sandy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic