Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How long is your hair? What`s your hair-length goals?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long is your hair? What`s your hair-length goals?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
WUVIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2001 at 4:53pm
Reply to message: 24.659.1
Having trouble logging in.
This is a test.
Karen Marie... / ACCOLADY

"You never see Eve, Venus, or the Graces painted with cropped hair."
WUVIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2001 at 6:49pm
Reply to message: 24.667.1
My hair is a little strange.

I have a very few bangs which I quit cutting in 1996.
They are now three feet long, but the rest of my hair is four feet long, so I keep cutting a little here and a little there to allow my bangs to catch up.

I typically wear my "bangs" up in barrettes because I think it looks funny down with different lengths, at least on my head.

So I am patiently trying to obtain the goal of one solid straight across length in the back. I could just chop off a foot of hair and be there, but the thought of twelve inches on the floor doesn`t sound too good right now.

Karen Marie

Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2001 at 7:06pm
Reply to message: 24.670.1
Hey, Karen Marie!
Good to see you here too....
Think I agree with you about 12 inches on the floor...baaaaaad idea....half an inch at a time will get there in the end...just take a while longer.

Oh, I should introduce mine...about a yard, light brown, working on catching you up!
:o)
Chris
WUVIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2001 at 7:50pm
Reply to message: 24.672.1
Hey Chris!
Good to see you here, and I`m so glad to see that familiar name of yours...Beatnik Guy, don`t ever change that. It`s original and all yours.
Catching up with me? Oh my!
We`ll be fighting over the brush soon!
So take your eyes off my new one...
har har!
Karen Marie

Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2001 at 3:15pm
Thanks.
You can rest assured that the name isn`t going anywhere, Karen Marie - much like the long locks! :o)

`Working on` is the key phrase here...still a way to go, and not getting there nearly as fast as I`d like! Happy growing....
:o)
Chris
john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2001 at 6:28pm
Reply to message: 24.440.1
Do you have any photos to share with us with your hair loose?
John
Martine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2001 at 6:51am
My hair is at my shoulders and I want to get it to probably lower back, long enough to do stuff with but not so long I can only do bun or braid. I usually wear it in a ponytail but I have started to p[ractice my braiding and another great way to wear this length is half-up with a beak-clip. If I find it is less versaile as it gets longer I will stop but who knows? Part of the adventure I guess
M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2001 at 11:22am
My hair is about 3 inches below my shoulders. I want to grow it back to waist length. I got it cut at a hair trade show. For anyone interested, modelling at hair trade shows can be fun but watch out. While I didn`t get paid, I got a free colour and cut. The colour really dried out (fried) my hair and I couldn`t use the products they gave me. If you want long hair, grow it!!! My reply to job interviewers who ask "How can you work with all that hair?" is "I never allow my hair to operate the office machines. I use my hands." I actually spend less time and money on my long hair than people with short fluffy hair. Use professional hair products only. A big bottle of shampoo costs maybe $30 but if you are going to a hairstylist ever 6 wks for cut and colour....... $$$$$. Do want YOU want. You can braid or tie up your hair for work. It`s not like I spend all day combing it.
LONG HAIR IS REWARDING!!!!
M
Sherri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2001 at 7:54am
Reply to message: 24.233.1
quote:

Brittany Paloma originally wrote:
Well I'm new to this board (I hail from www.longhairlovers.com which has a few excellent message boards) so I figured I'd ask the age-old question. How long is your hair? (make sure to specify HOW you measure your hair, from where y'know...)

How long do you want it to be?

*runs off to measure hair*

*from my hairline, over my head, to my tips it's 31 inches
*from root to tips it's 28 (I don't like this method because depending on which hair you grab it can differ a lot!)
*it goes just below my waist (like, just inches)

*I want it to get to "classic" length, or right below my bum, which is about (omg!) a mere 10 inches away :)

Brittany

my hair is just barely shoulder lenght and i wan`t it to be about 4 inches down my back from my shoulders but i have a problem with waitng so i don`t know if i can do it.
Sherri
ladykera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladykera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2001 at 7:42pm
Reply to message: 24.744.1
I know how you feel, thats the way mine is... It`s just barely above my shoulders and I hate the way it looks (some yucky grown out layers) but I refuse to cut it. When i get really fed up I just put it up into a pony tail or bun. That`s the only really stupendous advise I can offer about letting it grow out.
-Kera
aka princess of the air force (they just don`t know it yet)
theresa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2001 at 9:22pm
hi-
It took a while thanks to an accident that left me with way too short hair, but now it is shoulder plus a bit length and I`m aiming for middle of back, just beyond bra strap length. perhaps the worst part was getting it to a length where I could put it in a ponytail and not have fly aways all over my face.

Sigh, one year to get this far, probably another two to achieve my current goal, irritating, especially as I was half way there before.

hugs
theresa
gwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2001 at 8:00am
Reply to message: 24.658.1
That`s fantastic! Good for You, Tock!
gwatt
KaliStar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaliStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2001 at 1:45pm
My hair is up to my eers and im tryna ged it two mid back say 6 minths ?
bbeene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2001 at 3:46pm
I think you may be a bit ambitious on 6 months, but there is no harm in hoping.... I have gone a little over three and 1/2 years without a trim and the hair is just at waist length. Being in the computer field working with engineers.... well let`s just say that I look a bit conservative compared to some of the customers... .

Bill
Bill Beene
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic