Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How long is your hair? What`s your hair-length goals?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long is your hair? What`s your hair-length goals?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Brittany Paloma View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brittany Paloma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long is your hair? What`s your hair-length goals?
    Posted: February 26 2001 at 12:43am
Well I`m new to this board (I hail from www.longhairlovers.com which has a few excellent message boards) so I figured I`d ask the age-old question. How long is your hair? (make sure to specify HOW you measure your hair, from where y`know...)

How long do you want it to be?

*runs off to measure hair*

*from my hairline, over my head, to my tips it`s 31 inches
*from root to tips it`s 28 (I don`t like this method because depending on which hair you grab it can differ a lot!)
*it goes just below my waist (like, just inches)

*I want it to get to "classic" length, or right below my bum, which is about (omg!) a mere 10 inches away :)

Brittany
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2001 at 7:39am
Reply to message: 24.233.1
How long is yours?
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2001 at 2:37pm
Reply to message: 24.233.1
My hair length goal now is midback length, it can be reached in 1 and 1/2 year if the hair continues growing and not too much split ends have to removed, and if genetics will behave friendly. But there exist a lot of hair pills I didn`t have used yet.

wolfgang
SnowWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnowWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2001 at 9:49pm
My hair is almost to the top of my bra strap in the back. I don`t know what that is in inches. My goal is ultimately to reach my waist, but my short term goal is below my bra strap. Then after that to half way from where it is now to my waist, then to my waist. If I go by steps maybe I won`t get so impatient.

?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2001 at 8:31am
Reply to message: 24.239.1
My length & goals are a lot like you, "SnowWhite". I just had a trim yesterday, and my hair is about an inch above my brap strap in back. Measured from the crown down, it`s 16 1/2 inches. I have the same short term goal, which is getting below my bra strap (probably 1 year from now, based on recent progress & trims), and then a longer term goal of halfway from there to my waist (2-3 years from now). I would love to get to waistlength after that, but I`m not sure it`ll grow that long any more (I`m 41) or look good at that length. Good look to everybody with their goals!
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2001 at 12:57pm
Reply to message: 24.358.1
Katherine, please don`t be afraid that your hair will not look good at your desired length. First it is important that you like it and then you may see that long hair admirers exist who love it and after that you will detect that society has different opinions, but if you stand for your hair most people will accept it and this few who hate long hair are not the majority. I think a woman should not give up all the happiness that long hair will give to her only in view of this or only to be conform. And you can see that great women with long and superlong hair exist at all ages. Great personalities don`t take care what someone thinks about their hair, I think about Albert Einstein ... only to give an example. I am sure if you love your hair and you will manage it well you will reach your goal.

wolfgang
Angelpog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelpog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2001 at 12:16am
My hair is about 3 ft. long...(thigh length).....I`m an aspiring Crystal Gayle....I`m trying for the floor...

I`m including a link to my hair pix
There`s a God-shaped hole in all of us
And the restless soul is searching
There`s a God-shaped hole in all of us
And it`s a void only he can fill...
-- "God-shaped Hole" by Plumb
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2001 at 10:16am
Reply to message: 24.379.1
quote:

Angelpog originally wrote:
My hair is about 3 ft. long...(thigh length).....I'm an aspiring Crystal Gayle....I'm trying for the floor...

I'm including a link to my hair pix

Great site! Great hair! You should be proud. You obviously are a confident woman who doesn`t need "support" from this group. Thanks for having long hair!
anaclaire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anaclaire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2001 at 5:30pm
Reply to message: 24.380.1
My hair touches my collarbone. Duh... long way to go!

My goal is to let my gray hair area which is about 1 1/2 inches from my scalp grow out. I plan to keep my hair at this length until the gray part evens out and then let it grow, grow grow! I wonder how it will look in the end? I wonder if I can stand looking at myself with half gray hair and half dark brown while it grows out!!! Uck!

I`ve had my hair to my hips before and would like to have it to my waist again. As I remember it was more versatile at that length for me. When it got longer than that I found it painfully heavy to wear on my head.

I love finding this board as I need lots of support to keep my little dream alive. After all how many women dream of having long, gray hair!!!!! Yikes!! LOL

Wishing everyone`s long hair dreams come true!
Anaclaire
Jenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2001 at 3:39pm
My hair goes down to about my elbows. I don`t really want to grow it any longer or cut it off any shorter. I like it at the length it is now. When it gets longer I usually cut it back to elbow length again.
guywithbraids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywithbraids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2001 at 3:25pm
Hi All, My hair goes down to the bottom of my elbows. It has taken a few years to get this long and I absolutely love it. I usually wear it in a ponytail or braid it. I love the french braid best. In my job having such long hair is not a problem. I`m a cosmetoologist, so people expect me to be somewhat feminine, and I don`t dissapoint them. I would like my hair to just reach the top of my belt. I love to wear it loose when I am not working.
foxy_roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxy_roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2001 at 7:16pm
Right now my hair is about 2 inches below my shoulders and my goal is to grow it just a few more inches so it`s still higher then the bra strap line. If I grew it any longer, it would go wavy and i like it straight like it is now!
ladykera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladykera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2001 at 3:05pm
Mine`s in layers (uhg!!!) to my shoulders (just barely). My goal is to have it all to just below my bra straps, no layers, and all one color (I bleached it last september and still have weird colors at the bottom). To get it to my bra straps will take about 10 months, 14 to get all the layers out, and 26 to be all one color. *sigh* I can only hope that I make it. But once I can get it about 2" below my shoulders I think I will stop obsessing!
Luck to all who love their long hair!
-Kera
aka princess of the air force (they just don`t know it yet)
Logan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2001 at 8:30am
I have short hair, which I really really hate. My dream hair would be just about my knee`s. :)
Rrriot View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rrriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2001 at 2:19pm
I just got my hair cut yesterday. It was about 2 inches below my bra strap. I liked the way it look at that length when I was standing still, BUT whenever I would move, my hair would be in my face, stuck in my chapstick, tangled, flat and stuck to my head, etc. Also I am in the Army, so I had to wear it in a bun everday. That bun was HEAVY :) and hard to fit under my helmut when I had to go the firing range. I also had breakage from all the Army wear and tear. Anyways, to get to the point, I now have a chin legnth bob--I have had this style before and I love it. I know it takes about 2 years to grow it back to the length that it was, and I will probably do that when I get out in May 2004! At that time I will be needing much support and I hope this site is still around! :) When my hair was long I always wore it up due to all the problems that I listed. I would like advice on how to wear long hair down and avoid all that too!! :) Thanks for listening. I love hair!!
dawn04 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawn04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2001 at 2:45pm
hi every1! my hair`s down 2 my waist. i`m gonna keep growing it until it quits growing. i wanna c wut my max length is.
long_hair824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long_hair824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2001 at 12:37am
Reply to message: 24.625.1
mines 31 inches and Im just gunna keep ging till its time for a change and for all the people who want LONG hair it takes a lot of contioner to get a brush though it
long hair :)
long_hair824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long_hair824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2001 at 12:37am
Reply to message: 24.625.1
mines 31 inches and Im just gunna keep ging till its time for a change and for all the people who want LONG hair it takes a lot of contioner to get a brush though it
long hair :)
Tock View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2001 at 9:00pm
Mine`s down to the bottom of my shoulders . . . looks pretty good for a 45 year old guy, if I say so myself . . .
Retired from the high-tech biz earlier this year, did some travelling, sat around the house for a while, got bored and am now going to a beauty school to do hair (for fun & profit) . . . is lots more fun than microchips, for sure . . .
--Tock
CarriAnneNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarriAnneNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2001 at 12:45am
Hi guys,

My hair just grazes the bottom of my bra strap, but is sort of rounded in shape, so it`s a little shorter on the sides and longer in the center. It`s approx. 26 inches when measured from my hairline (forehead) to the longest part down the center back. It`s pretty straight, unless I gently scrunch it while damp.

My hair-length goal is as long as humanly possible for me... but my hair grows SLOWLY, and I`m making up for lost time (I lost my hair 12 yrs. ago to chemo), so I`m now obsessed with growing it as long as I can.

I used to be a Pantene junkie, until I began researching products on the net... Based on lots of great reviews on several sites, I switched to Artec textureline volume shampoo/conditioner & Moisture Pac deep conditioner, and I`m trimming the barest minimum of split ends, and my hair feels and looks much healthier! So thanks to all the tidbits and advice from everyone on the site!!

Carri Anne, a hopeful Rapunzel
(aka: the insomniac from NYC) :)
CarriAnne NYC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic