Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updated!! Bob layers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
LeBubblelicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updated!! Bob layers?
    Posted: September 25 2006 at 3:01pm
Hi everyone

My hair is in a almost shoulder length bob with slightly shorter bits at the front.

My hair is super super super thick and has a slight wave which means the ends of my hair flip out.

I've been wondering about layers for my hair for quite a while and I was wondering if they would make my hair seem even thicker. (not want I want). Or make it flip out like crazy.

I've got 5 weeks till my next haircut so no rush.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/Becca1324/Picture657.jpg
Picture of moi^

Thanks in advance
Becca
x

Edited by LeBubblelicious - October 25 2006 at 3:10pm
shorthairissexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 8:25pm
In my opinion, you need layers that are sliced in.  In other words, the stylist essentially thins it out with the lower part of the hair is tapered.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 9:19pm

I agree with shorthairissexy, some sort of graduation in the back would be great.

HAWG
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 11:11pm
No, the layers would not make your hair look thicker. Just make sure you find a stylist that is very good at doing razor cuts. The razor cut will thin out the ends as well as add shape, and make ends naturally curl under instead of flip out.

Much love, Shary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 3:27pm
Thanks for all the suggestions. The only thing is that my 2nd cousin who is a hairdresser cuts my hair. And I can't change that. Not that I'm complaining she does a good job.

I'm a bit confuzed now everyone keeps telling me different things online and offline.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 10:56pm

Don't be confused. Take it from someone who has actually had it done. The layers won't make your hair look thicker as long as they are razor cut. If your cousing is not trained to use a razor, then don't get the layers because you will end up with thicker looking hair, if she gives you scissor cut layers,  and I know that is not what you want. You see the pictures shortandsexy posted? not the blond girl, but the ones with dark hair. Their layers are razor cut. That is why they look so soft and not bulky.

Much love, Shary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 10:49am
Ok thanks for sorting that out for me. I'll see if my cousin can do that. The only thing is that I heard if you get thick hair cut with razors that as soon as it starts to grow again its as thick as it was before.

Also if I get layers will the ends of the longer strands of the hair flick up even more because there is less weight to keep them down. Or will they flick up less because theres less hair?

Edited by LeBubblelicious - September 27 2006 at 11:26am
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 6:24pm
Well to answer the first question, once the hair has been razor cut, the ends will remain thin. And no, your ends will not flick up more because of the layers. It will actually keep them down. As long as the stylist knows what he/she is doing. The stylist that did it for me, was an instructor for Sebastian (the hair product company) When she did my layers, she cut my hair and dryed it first. After the hair was dryed she started to shape the layers. And she would run the razon underneath the layer of hair as opposed to on top of them. That was the best haircut I've ever gotten. I didn't get any of the problems people complain about, like the shaved ends messing up or drying out their hair. And the cut grew out beautifully. Unfortunately, I lost tract of her when she took a long leave when she went to have her baby. The stylist I have now is really good, but when I asked her to shave my layers, she did it while my hair was still wet, and she ran the razor on top of the hair, as oppose to sliding it underneath the layer. I came out OK, but nothing compare to the way my other stylist did it. So just make sure your cousin is really good at it. If not don't get them done.

Much love, Shary

Edited by Sharyg11 - September 27 2006 at 6:26pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 9:08am
Hi guys my hair cut is in a week and a bit and I can't wait. My hair is just really hard to manage at the moment what with it being all one length and almost touching my shoulders. Its poof city.

But I still havn't figured what I can do with the hair round my face or "bangs" is it?

The hair round my face completly overwhelms my face its awful. I always have to have one side tucked behind my ear. What should I do?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/Becca1324/Picture708.jpg

Edited by LeBubblelicious - October 24 2006 at 9:10am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 3:54pm
One week till my haircut any ideas about bangs/fringe?

Edited by LeBubblelicious - October 27 2006 at 3:54pm
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 4:07pm
yes.. get them.. long and side swept
tashanicole86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 5:42pm
Shorthairissexy....where did you find that picture of the blonde....it's a really cute hairstyle!!
shorthairissexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 7:25pm
tashanicole86
I found the pic of the blonde at http://www.hairrific.com under salon shots.
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 10:29pm
Hi, yeah the blonde is really cute style.

I think a nice layered cut would be good, maybe some long side bangs like checkbone length.

Edited by HairStyleDiva - October 28 2006 at 2:25pm
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2006 at 4:01pm
Well I got my layers. I decided not to do anything with bangs/fringe until I'm sure I know what I'm doing.

I'll put some pictures up once my hair has settled down (it just takes a little while) and once I get my hairbrush back. Kinda left it at my Gran's. xD Should get it back tomorrow.

Thanks for all your advice <3
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 9:44pm
I look forward to seeing the new hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeBubblelicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2006 at 10:18am
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2006 at 2:01pm
Very nice.. I like it a lot!
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2006 at 2:29pm
It's a cute style. Lookin' good!
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2006 at 3:01pm
Looks great, cute style :)
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic