Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone use MAC cosmetics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone use MAC cosmetics
    Posted: September 25 2006 at 4:56pm
Like thier foundation and is it any good?
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 6:28pm
i hear from a lot of people that its pretty good, although i find it to thick and cakey it has a lot of coverage but i felt unnatural in it. Im sure others just love it.
Babycheeks
SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 7:08pm
I've just ordered some foundation from their site..just hope the color is ok for me! I got some lipstick off their site and when it arrived i found it to be darker than the color chart pic on the site, still was nice tho!

babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 10:24am
awesome im glad u like it. just not for me dunno to thick. there lipsticks are really nice though but i find most of them to be real dramatic in color. I call Mac stage makeup. lol
Babycheeks
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 3:24pm
I don't use their foundation, but I LOVE their lipstick. I wear their matte lipstick in Brave during the day or at work and Twig if I am going out. Their lipstick paired with their Lip Glass makes a great combo if you like shine and a glossy finish.

I don't suppose you have a MAC counter near you? Trying the colors on ahead of time is best. I've had such bad luck (personally) ordering lipsticks from any manufacturer without trying them first.
Follow Your Bliss
SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 1:30pm
Just tested out some of the mac foundation and it feels great, the color is fine too considering its hard to buy makeup just by the color chart on websites!
its very smooth and flawless looking too so im happy! 19 pound isnt too bad of a price! I was paying 16 for Clinique and 25 for YSL
jennyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 8:37pm
I love MAC I just can't use their face powders. It makes me break out like crazy-
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by jennyC jennyC wrote:

I love MAC I just can't use their face powders. It makes me break out like crazy-

I second that!
Follow Your Bliss
maui_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maui_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 8:03pm
I LOVE MAC! Tongue As SDOW said, the colors on the site aren't really what they actually look like. So I usally shop just at the MAC counters. As for the foundations they have lots and lots of different types. Liquid, Creme, Powder, Spray on; and then those types have many different types. So I would try it in store (the gals will help you) and see what you like best.  IMO MAC offers a wide range of very good products!
bonne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2006 at 1:34pm
MAC is really sub-par for foundations. They have a lot of pore-clogging ingredients and most forumulas tend to be very heavy and cakey. If you are acne-prone, stay AWAY from MAC foundations/powders, etc.
mocha mama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocha mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2007 at 1:26pm
I have friends who use nothing but MAC products.  They see a MAC store and get lost for EVER in them.  I have never used any MAC product, so can't really say anything from personal experience, but by how hardcore and loyal my friends are to the product, it must be good. Ha.  
m!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic