Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Terrible Bohyme, need your opinion on my story !!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terrible Bohyme, need your opinion on my story !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terrible Bohyme, need your opinion on my story !!
    Posted: September 26 2006 at 10:41am
Hi Girls!

I am back from my vacations in France and I have lots of hair stuff to share w/ you!!

I have experienced the seamless hair from Glamourhair, that, in terms of texture, is totally different from the silky straight hair they sell, that is so beautiful. The hair was coarse and not so shiny or silky after a few washes.
I honestly thought it would get ugly faster, I got rid of it after 2 weeks.
A huge waste of money though! The seamless technique is amazing in itself, and very discret.

I had placed an order of two Bohyme silky straight hair, in 18', colors 24 and 16 on Ebonyline.
Ebonyline told me they were out os stock in 24 and they shipped the 24 color hair with a little delay (problems w/ UPS I think), so I missed the package and left for France without my new hair!

From there I ordered from this website www.hairandextensions.com.
I ordered two pieces of hair, color 24 and color 14B (a nice wheat blonde) in Bohyme Gold Silky Straight, that I paid around $120 each I think. I ordered them with international extra fast shipping to do a new install asap!!

When I received the package, I thought the hair looked absolutely great, but it felt different to the supposedly Bohyme hair they sell on Glamourhair.com, that I have worn and that has been the best hair I have ever had so far.
I put it on and after only a week, I started to have minor tangling, I was very surprised because I had read carefully all the reviews on Bohyme hair on the forum and everybody loved this hair. After 10 days I had a giant afro at the end of everyday, even though I was ironing my hair every morning to straighten them.
I really don't understand, the hair was dull, and extremely frizzy, so fast.
I couldn't stand it anymore, the volume of my hair just doubled no matter what by the end of the day, and I didn't have the silky feeling of new hair.

I was so disapointed, another $300 for crappy hair.

So I thought, either I am too picky about hair or this hair just wasn't genuine Bohyme hair.

I have taken it out and I put in a mix of this crap hair and the leftovers I had in hair from Glamourhair, and it is very nice now, because I have just a little quantity of this bad so-called Bohyme hair.
I am a little skeptical that this www.hairandextensions.com company sold me fake Bohyme on the other hand because I received the hair in the real Bohyme package w/ all the tags attached, the company seems respectable and they even sent me a feedback email to be sure I was satisfied.

I really don't understand.
I am back to the US now and I have received the Bohyme hair from Ebonyline.com I had previously ordered in color16.
I'll see how it holds, and if this hair gets puffy and frizzy also, I will know Bohyme hair isn't for me, and if it holds great, then I will deduct that the hairandextensions.com company probably sent me copies of Bohyme, or just unusually bad batches.

What do you guys think of my little story?
Have you ever ordered Bohyme from www.hairandextensions.com and experienced problems w/ the hair?
Do you think I got fake Bohyme hair?

Thanks a lot for your answers!!

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 10:48am
Sounds like a bad batch to me or something's been mixed up somewhere x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:03am

I ordered the hair by sophia, italian wave in your colors and bohyme straight. My client had no problems with it. She shampoo's at least once or twice or week. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:11am
Shirylin, was it with hairandextensions.com?
Rocket22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:18am
Oh no!!!  I just ordered from this company last week and they sent me an email next day saying they don't have the 22" FR in machine weft anymore, so I then sent them an email back to please credit my paypal account,  Well so far I have heard nothing from this company.  I have called, emailed and still nothing?   Hope all goes well, haven't had very good luck lately.  I then orderd from Sherrie, I know her customer service is excellent!!!  wow what a week.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:21am

Ebonyline is good too and has good prices!

Rocket22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:30am
Thank you I will keep that in mind... Sherrie has the mix and match and I am soooo excited about that.... I think that could be fun!!!!    I want to get a little creative with colors.    I have never tried the Bohyme and I hope it's as good as everyone says!   
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:32am
I've ordered from hairandextensions several times. Always received my order on time and they had great customer service. Thus far, this company is with me.
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:35am
yeah it was.
shiry
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
nicey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:50am
unless its something to do with mixed up hair in bohyme packages..i had that a few weeks ago with some hair i bought from amanda it was totally diffrent and amanda looked into it and it had been mixed up or something....bless amanda she refunded the money i paid for the hair xx
louxx
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 1:12pm
Hi Nicey!
And did the Bohyme hair you got have a genuine Bohyme tag/package?
Thanks for your repplies
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 2:00pm
Yes it did chick, I got some too, we were shocked but cos we know our hair we knew something was wrong.  The company refunded me for it all so there were no qualms on my part, but we're on about the UK stuff not the USA x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 3:17pm
I have the same problem with Bohyme and have stopped wearing it because it just doesnt perform well for me.
nicey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 3:30pm
i love the bohyme hair its always great for me thats why i knew something was deff wrong with it....its never tangled for me at all or any other sorts of problems x
louxx
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 3:42pm
Boy, I am conflicted, either it's a mistake and I should still trust Bohyme name or it's not and should go on buying hair from Glamourhair in the future, they apparently sell Bohyme hair though, and it's the best hair I have ever had so far... Mmmm
Thanks anyway for your repplies!
Do you think I should ask for refund?
Dunebug, where do you get your hair from then?
Rocket22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 5:26pm
They just sent me my full refund for hair that was not available!!!!  

Hey  I think I remember customer service telling me Bohyme has  a 90 day guarantee!!!!  yes any problems and they will refund your money or give you new hair.  I would call them and see what they say?    

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 5:50pm
frenchie, my experience with Bohyme silky straight has always been that it is extremely straight. It does not poof or get big.  Actually the one thing tht bohyme straight does NOT have is volume and I usually have to install  more than other textures to get volume. So gettin poofy or big, or doubling in volume is cetainly NOT typical or the norm for bohyme silky straight.

I am positive that glamourhair seamless wefts are not Bohyme hair but the wefted hair is Bohyme with their own private label.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 11:31pm
Hi Sherrie,
That's exactly what I thought and understood, that Bohyme was silky and not puffy at all but rather the contrary!
I am sure the Glamourhair Seamless isn't Bohyme because it's not great stuff, but the wefted hair probably is because the quality of this hair is the best I have experienced so far.
They have the same pics and text than Bohyme, the color rings are identical too.
So what do you think is the problem w/ the Bohyme hair I received from hairandextensions.com?
Have you ever experienced terrible Bohyme hair piece like that before?
Which are the companies you order Bohyme from that you trust the most please?
Thanks!
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by frenchie1 frenchie1 wrote:

Hi Sherrie,
That's exactly what I thought and understood, that Bohyme was silky and not puffy at all but rather the contrary!
I am sure the Glamourhair Seamless isn't Bohyme because it's not great stuff, but the wefted hair probably is because the quality of this hair is the best I have experienced so far.
They have the same pics and text than Bohyme, the color rings are identical too.
So what do you think is the problem w/ the Bohyme hair I received from hairandextensions.com?
Have you ever experienced terrible Bohyme hair piece like that before?
Which are the companies you order Bohyme from that you trust the most please?
Thanks!
Probably from herself since she carries Bohyme hair in her storeWink..

I stumbled across hairandextensions.com the other night.. Not like I need more hair, but I'm always looking ya know.. It's good to know they are straight shooters..

Edited by Divavocals - September 27 2006 at 2:14pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 10:45pm
somehow someway I wonder if this hair was mislabeled or something. Bohyme hair is asian and european blends. The silky straight in my opinion is either all asian or mostly asian. Asian hair is usually very straight and without alot of volume...very sleek. So that is not common for it to poof or get big.

Another thing to think about. When I first moved to my current residence, a year and a half ago. For about 6/8 months, no matter WHAT brand of hair I used it all turned to crap, even Bohyme didnt last like it should. When I finally started listening to some reviews I had seen of shower filters, it finally dawned on me. I moved from the country, a house that had a water softener....to a condo in town with city water. I had a very HIGH chlorine content. I went out and got a shower filter and was AMAZED at the difference it made. Along with switching to non sulfate shampoo. Ive had a huge differnce in how hair wears.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic