Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do women cut their hair to spite men?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cwa14n3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwa14n3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do women cut their hair to spite men?
    Posted: November 10 2010 at 6:52pm
Spite??? Women are not spiteful???
A buddy of mine really loved his wife's long hair and she promised before their wedding in 1998, she would never cut it when they married, and demanded he sell his Harley and never buy another bike. Three years later, she comes home with her previously waist length hair cut in a chopped off, reverse mullet bob. He was crushed. She told him she meant it at the time she made the promise, but she changed her mind. He bought a new Harley Softtail, with the "vacation money" they were saving to visit her family in California, and a newer car for her. He told her he changed his mind about the money as well. She cried and said she was sorry, sell the bike, all is forgiven, her hair grows very quick.
He told her when it was back to waist length, he would. She screamed, that will take years! Well!! We will see your family in a few years then. I guess your present car will have to due until then. She cried, cursed and made threats, he told he to go ahead and leave if that was what she wanted. Do it or shut up!  After that, she stopped listening to her jealous friend who makes her money selling haircuts. Her friend never answered the question of how much she made selling her hair. Her hair grew back and she has it long today. If you suggest she cut it short, you risk your health. It was sad they had to go through this, but it helped their relationship grow as they shut off the outside sources that would undermine their relationship. A good lady who learned to value her husband 1st, over jealous friends. His plumber's  union wages pay much better than her WalMart job.
Just Me
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2008 at 8:04pm
I don't think this is a main motivation.
love it short View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love it short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 10:04am
Yes, I know one women who just did.  My good friend wife just did, she has or should I say had long brown hair with blond highlights, her hair was about two inches past her bra strap. She has been wanting to cut her hair real short for a while, but my friend loves her long hair. My friend has been wanting to buy a new motorbike, but she said theirs nothing wrong with the one they have. Well about two weeks ago he shows up at home with a new harley he traded his old one in, boy was she mad that he did that. So about a week and a half went by and everything had cool'd down. Well yesterday she comes home with all of her hair cut off and he flipped out he could not beleave she had done that. I mean her hair is really short she had it cut above her ears the top is between two or three inches long and the back is tapered really short and she is totally blond now. But she looks really good with this haircut she has a small face and a good hairline, my friend really hates it, he said she looks like a boy, but my wife and I think she looks good with this cut. My wife asked her why did she cut her hair so short. She said to spite Mike for buying the new motorbike. I'm sure he will get use to it after a while but I bet he will never buy anything without really consulting with her again.

Edited by love it short - May 29 2008 at 10:18am
LexLuv101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexLuv101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 12:23pm
Hm. I doubt it's the main motivation for most. I think some used to do it to fight against the society norm, which was when most men preferred longer hair. 
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 3:28pm

Everyone has their reasons and sometimes it is to spite a man, not always.  I had a client with very long hair and a very controlling, live-in boyfriend.  She had an appointment with me for a haircut and highlights.  She mentioned her appointment and said she was planning to get a few inches cut off .  He freaked out and forbid her to get her hair cut.  He made her immediately call to cancel the appointment.  The receptionist told me she sounded upset.

A few days later, she called to reschedule.  Instead of getting a few inches cut, she asked me to cut it quite short.  After the haircut, she asked me to sweep up the hair and put it in a bag for her to take with her.  I learned on a later visit that after she left the salon, she moved her stuff out of the apartment they shared while he was away at work.  Then, she went to his workplace,  found his car, scattered the bag of hair all over the inside and left him a note.  Buh-Bye  Clap
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2006 at 3:46am
i think a lot woman change their hairstyle or colour after breaking up with a guy just cos they want a new look for... themselves..!!!.Wacko

Edited by kirstyx1888xmac - December 10 2006 at 3:47am
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 3:31am

Maybe if the man were controlling and didn't let the woman do what she likes with her appearance, or if he were creepily attached to her hair and it were freaking her out/making her feel that was all he liked about her, she might cut it to spite him.  But of course, if either of those were the case, the man would deserve to be spited!

More awesome than a manatee!
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2006 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Carolredskirt Carolredskirt wrote:

Believe it or not, everything women do isn't just for or about men.

Well, everything they do should be.
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2006 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Carolredskirt Carolredskirt wrote:

Amen.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 3:05pm
Oh my God,Carolredskirt,you are so right! LOL...
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 2:19am
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 7:36am
It was kind of a pro long hair article, so it got lots of pro short hair responses.  If it had been pro short hair, I'm sure the responses would have been the opposite.  When people agree with or like something, they seem less likely to respond or post reviews of it than the people who disagree.

I too have never cut my hair for anyone but me, whether I was in a happy relationship or not.  I did ask my boyfriend what he'd think about it before I cut it last time, but he said he didn't care either way.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2006 at 5:33pm
I'm going to say yes and no.

Yes in that there are at least some women and men out there who will change their hair to punish the other. Usually in a case like that it's a case of during the relationship the person was doing something such as having long or short hair because they knew the other person liked it. And upon breaking up they may cut or grow or color or change the hair to something opposite what the other person liked.

But I'm saying No also because it's probably a low number of people so I don't think it should be stereotyped that All or a majority of them do it.
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2006 at 4:21pm
Not necessarily. Women cut their hair, or change hairstyles for many reasons, including to be attractive and beautiful.
laidbaqq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laidbaqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2006 at 4:02pm
My mom dyed her hair just to have something different. She is a very happy woman with a loving boyfriend. So that article that the writer had commented on... Its a bunch of bs.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 2:37am
  Yeah,I have never cut my hair despite a guy,but they may be the number one reason i have changed my colors!!!
I prefer to be a brunette,but was a blonde for 5 years for my husband who said I looked better blonde.

KarenNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 12:01pm
Come to think of it... I changed the color of my hair when going through my divorce.  My ex liked it red, I prefered it blonde.

But I wasn't about to lose any length over the jerk! Wink

Strand test, strand test, strand test!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 8:05pm

Interesting link posted on AOL tonight; here's the link

http://www.bloggingbaby.com/2006/09/25/why-do-women-cut-their-hair

I know this is not the only reason; I'm sure it happens from time to time.  Some of the postings are very interesting.  Be sure and check out the link embedded in the article which will lead you to this

Edited by HAWG - September 27 2006 at 8:07pm
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic