Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shaving Q

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shaving Q
    Posted: October 01 2006 at 12:05am
I have kind of a weird problem with shaving.  My underarms seem to be very deep, so it's hard to reach all the hairs.  So far when I've asked people about this problem, they just kinda look at me like I have three heads, so I'm wondering if I'm the only one -_-;;; .  Maybe I should just forget the razor and use Veet or something under there instead?
More awesome than a manatee!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 3:22am
Yeap! Veet, Nair, Epil stop. They all work very well and will solve your problem. Or you can try waxing.

Much love, shary
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 5:44am
Rrrr nair and veet dont work at all, esp if u have darker hair like me or if its thick and it smells oh so bad. I say get a smaller razor in other words find one with a small head and then you can reach it better, also make sure ur holding ur arm up and pulling it back that will force the hair to stand up at the armpit and you can get them but waxing is a good option.
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 12:05pm
Babycheeks, maybe you didn't leave the product on long enough. That happened to me the first time I used Epil-stop. But I gave it one more try, left it on longer and it worked like a charm. I've also use Nair on my bikini area, and trust me, you can not possibly have darker, harder hair than me thereLOLand it worked like a charm. I have also used nair on my friend's arms. She has this thick, curly, long, arm hair that looks terrible. I remove it with Nair and it won't come back for like two months.

So Kuroneko should give it a try. If it doesn't work you can always return it. Target, Walmart, Walgreens will take it back if you are not satisfied.
Hope it works for you.

Much love, Shary
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 1:29pm

thats good it worked for u, im pretty sure i left it on long enough it im also sensitive skin and i began to burn real bad, but she should try it good luck, you could also try an electric razor.

Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 9:15pm

OH, yeah the sensitive skin would be a problem when it comes that stuff. I see why it won't work for you. Well, I hope she has better luck with it. Or she could try an electric razor. There is a small trimming kit they sell at Target and Walmart. It comes with different attachments so you can use it to trim you eyebrows, bikini line, pubic hair, shave your legs or underamrs. It is really compact so it would probably be a solution as well. It is also very affordable. I think about $15 or $20. And again, if it doesn't work you can always return it.

Much love, Shary
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2006 at 2:29am
i agree. veet and similar stuff just don't work on dark hair- they work perfectly on thinner and more bright hair, but not dark.
I also shaved, and then i started using epilady... it was painful at the begingin, but eventually i got used to it... it still 'hurts' ... but the effect lasts at least 10 days! Which is comparing to shaving great result. Hair also get thinner (but as soon as you shave them - say goodby to all effort from epilady)--- this really sucks, because you have to have at leats 20 minutes to pull all hair from lower legs... and i don't allways have that time...         
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic