Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eurolocs or fusion?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
swes9321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swes9321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eurolocs or fusion?
    Posted: October 03 2006 at 8:33am
hello, I am considering getting hair extensions done by a professional using eurolocs, do you think they are better than the fusion ones? because I had extensions before and I think they were fusion (they just heated up the end and it stuck to my hair)i thought maybe eurolocs are less damaging?

any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated thanks guys!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 11:18am
I've done both methods on clients and both have problems, in my opinion.

I never really liked fusion because they tend to shed a lot and that glue can be hard to get out of the hair.

I used to love Eurolocs and did them exclusively on all my clients for a year or two.  But then I started to see damage to their hair.  Eurolocs are a little different than all the other 'ring' methods in that you use a special tool and double fold the ring.  (first fold it like a book, and then fold it in half again).  By double folding them they do stay in well but you need this special pointy, pincher type tool to pry them open when it's time to remove them. 

I think that myself and other stylists who had used the method agreed that opening the ring with the pincher tools totally sheds the natural hair, causing extreme breakage.  I don't think that there's any other way to re-open that double folded ring either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic