Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intresting News for those overweight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intresting News for those overweight
    Posted: October 05 2006 at 9:09pm
 I recently saw on CNN that a new American survey finds that Americans are not finding people overweight unattractive anymore.
I just found this intresting cuz us as women are always trying to be stick skinny.
I myself may feel thin until I turn the television on and then I feel like a blimp.
Anyways,this isnt a free ticket to pig out...but next time you feel fat you can relax a little by knowing maybe it's not quite so unattractive after all.
Tongue
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 12:03pm
i think it is unatractive...  i mean obesity... it is a clear sign that person does not respect self (i mean real obesity, not 10 or 20 pounds overweight) to pay enough attention to look healthy.
and vice versa- too skinny people - also very unatractive, although it is easier to hide bones than fat ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 2:36pm
The survey didnt say Americans thought Obesity was attractive. It said people who were slightly overweight. The average American woman is a size 12,so clearly that is slightly overweight (depending on height).
I myself do not find a man that is somewhat heavy to be unattractive. No one wants a man who is skinnier then you,LOL.

Edited by julesyjul88 - October 24 2006 at 2:37pm
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 7:39pm

INTERSTING SURVERY!!!

except i wonder if americans views are becoming that way because as a whole society we have gotten bigger so no choice but to like heavier set people. But i dunno aneroxics and bulima is still pretty prodominent in america so i have to say i think skinny still rules the roast in the eyes of most .

Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 11:59pm
You may be right,babycheeks. That americans like it because they are on a whole larger...or,maybe we just dont even notice slightly overweight anymore because we see it so much.
I would venture to say most people dont think anorexic is attractive though. (except celebs,who dont count because the camera adds 15 pounds) In real life it just looks sickly. I only know one person who is really really skinny.The rest are mostly slightly overweight. I think I'am just average for my height (125,and I'm 5'4)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 11:49am
you are about the same weight and height as me, but id like to lose a few ibs just 3ibs or so and tone up so im working on that currently.
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 2:21pm

Well,when I diet and kill myself I can get down about 115..but I figure it's gonna be winter now,so why bother? I would like to just tone up too though...but I cant stand any exersice that's too vigorious. And weight lifting makes me looks like a guy (I have kinda manly arms already)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 10:00am
i take a pilates class it is by far the best at toneing and leaning a womans body without the bulk. you should try it!
Babycheeks
Thisisniccy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisisniccy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2006 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by julesyjul88 julesyjul88 wrote:

You may be right,babycheeks. That americans like it because they are on a whole larger...or,maybe we just dont even notice slightly overweight anymore because we see it so much.
I would venture to say most people dont think anorexic is attractive though. (except celebs,who dont count because the camera adds 15 pounds) In real life it just looks sickly. I only know one person who is really really skinny.The rest are mostly slightly overweight. I think I'am just average for my height (125,and I'm 5'4)

My boyfriend is 5'6 1/2" and about 125lbs...
I HATE IT.
I ALWAYS eat more than him....throughout the day and at every meal.
I feel like he should be with a girl who is like 90lbs instead of a BLIMP like myself.
I HATE getting naked...It's like "Look babe my ass is wider, my hands are bigger, our fingers are the same ring size and my shoulders are wider...not to mention my gut hangs out farther..."
f**king sick.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2006 at 9:16pm
Well,ThisisNiccy,sure doesnt sound like it's your fault though! I'm only 5'3 and 120 pounds and almost as big as your boyfriend too! LOL...
Maybe you should fatten him up some.Tempt him with some good cooking or something. I know how you feel.I would not like it if my husband was smaller then me! (but he is about 6ft and about 185 pounds)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic