Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

air dry question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wvpumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvpumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: air dry question
    Posted: October 11 2006 at 6:55am
Alright,  I have given up the hair dryer and curling iron. Since I don't have time in the morning to let my hair air dry, I have been washing at night, By morning it is dry, but really flat and disorganized. After I curl it, it still doesn't look that great. When I blew it dry at least it had some shape and volume. What can I do to give my hair more oomph when I air dry? My hair is very fine, thin and just above shoulder length, with layers.  I do wear clip in extensions sometimes.
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 3:42pm
Try putting it in  a loose pony tail on top of your head before you go to sleep.  After you take it out in the morning it should have more volume.  You can also try bending over at the waist and spraying a little flexible hold hairspray at the roots.
wvpumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvpumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by strawberiblonde strawberiblonde wrote:

Try putting it in  a loose pony tail on top of your head before you go to sleep.  After you take it out in the morning it should have more volume.  You can also try bending over at the waist and spraying a little flexible hold hairspray at the roots.
thanks, but I don't have alot of hair, and when I spray it it just looks like a mess. I will try the ponytail idea though.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 7:48pm

If you put the pony tail at the top of your head you could even put a couple of large velcro rollers in pony tail (a variation of the orange juice can trick we used to do back in the '60s and '70s).  It will give you lots of volume.  Use some kind of scrunchy that won't leave a dent in your hair.

"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
wvpumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvpumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

If you put the pony tail at the top of your head you could even put a couple of large velcro rollers in pony tail (a variation of the orange juice can trick we used to do back in the '60s and '70s).  It will give you lots of volume.  Use some kind of scrunchy that won't leave a dent in your hair.

That sounds like a great idea, ThanksSmile
sofine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sofine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 3:22pm
Try Spoolies! You can get them at the Vermont Country store (online). These are a vintage hair roller (my grandmother used them on my hair when I was a tot). They're pink and made of a soft rubber that encloses your hair, but you can probably sleep in them and get tight curl in the am which you can finger comb/style quickly with a bit of product. Also try large "sponge" curlers that are wrapped in fabric and bend close without hurting fine hair. Comfey for sleeping, but takes a bit of re-working in the a.m. to neaten up.
I would wait 'till hair is semi dry before rolling.... less stress on the hair!
Have fun.
SoFine
wvpumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvpumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2007 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by sofine sofine wrote:

Try Spoolies! You can get them at the Vermont Country store (online). These are a vintage hair roller (my grandmother used them on my hair when I was a tot). They're pink and made of a soft rubber that encloses your hair, but you can probably sleep in them and get tight curl in the am which you can finger comb/style quickly with a bit of product. Also try large "sponge" curlers that are wrapped in fabric and bend close without hurting fine hair. Comfey for sleeping, but takes a bit of re-working in the a.m. to neaten up.
I would wait 'till hair is semi dry before rolling.... less stress on the hair!
Have fun.

Yea I have used sponge rollers, and like you said, kind of a mess. I will look into spoolies. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic