Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new guy lookn for wave tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jkid3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new guy lookn for wave tips
    Posted: October 11 2006 at 4:41pm
hey what up to all....i'm new here and i'm lookin for tips on gettin waves for tha first time. let me start off by first sayin that i'm mixed with black, french, and filipino..my dad is black/french cuz he from new orleans and my mom is asian (filipino) wit sum slight spanish.

anyway, i had curly hair as a kid but not sure now since i stay rockin a low cut caesar as shown in my pic below and never really experimented with it except for growing it long a few times and usin sheen or gel for curls. what i do know for a fact though is that my pops can get 'em since he bi-racial. so yeaa, if anyone can help me out or give me tips if whether or not i can get them or not, even though i always thought i couldn't since i didn't think my hair was thick enough. few years back when i did mess wit wave caps n sh*t i ended up wit parts tha next day but i didn't know what i was doing. what i do nowadays is only use coconut oil for conditioning as that is what people on my moms side ethnically use. oh, and im gettin my hair cut low again in a couple days as i always so every 2 weeks or so..thinkin bout tryin a light or medium pomade if it works?

Jkid3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2006 at 2:13pm
i still be checkn back yall, so jus to let ya kno i aint jus post once n bounce..guess i gota put in work first to get replies...? lol
Jkid3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 3:03pm
read thru quite a few otha threads to get ideas and been tryin' somethin out..for now i use s-curl activator, a medium pomade, wave cap, and a soft brush. but i figure since my hair ain't exactly curly or thick-ish and kinda straight maybe i shouldnt be brushin so much, usin a wave cap to mash it all down, or a pomade to hold it down either since waves are straightened out curls. hopefully someone can help me out now with atleast a little something..im thinkin that perhaps i should stick to curl activators for now in opposed to usin da other stuff until tha curls come in for me to start brushin'.....

anyways meth im steady usin now is brushin in da shower, usin s-curl act, pomade, wave cap...ect more brushin 
360s comin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360s comin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 9:02pm
good info fam. i'm thinking about starting my whole wave game over, how can i ?
jsvazq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsvazq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 11:28pm
hey i have dead straight hair n it always stick up spike all the time i want to know whai should to get wave in my hair cuz i use the wave cream and my du rag but it didn't work any method
SuPr3m3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuPr3m3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2006 at 9:57am
yOOo j kid if u see this holla at me rii quik i gotta ask u sumthin
SuPr3m3 on deck...
checkuponit808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkuponit808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2006 at 1:13pm
J it's simple....
 1. shampoo your hair, to remove all previous products. 
2. Apply conditioner on you hair, while it is wet. Not coconut conditioner, but actual conditioner that you wash out.
3. While the conditioner is on your wet hair cover it with two plastic shower caps, aka plastic bags. and wear them for about an hour.
4. after an hair remove the the plastic bags and you should notice that your hair has a little bit o curl pattern to it.
5. lightly rinse the conditioner out then for the last rinse, rinse it with cold water
6. take  a dime size amount of your wave pomade (i think that you mentioned using 360?) w/e wave pomade you use  A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAYS!!
7. take a dime size amount of your coconut pomade and mix the two dime size amounts together buy simply rubbinng your hands together.
8. once the palms of your hands are covered lightly rub the mixture on your hair in the direction that you want the waves/curls, without using a com or a brush .
9. you should notice a pattern developing if you dont see a slight pattern you've used too m uch pomade and cocnut mix. only use a dime size, or less of each, for your entire head.
10. once you see the pattern lightly tie your hair down with your cap and you're set.
what's your email? check back and tell me how it worked.
10 easy steps
rlinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2006 at 12:45pm
BRO YOU JUST GOT TO BRUSH TILL YO ARM FALL OFF IT TAKE A LOT OF COMMITMENT CAUSE I BEEN BRUSHIN FOR 7 DAYS NOW AND I GOT THE WHO BACK AND TOP OF MY HEAD WITH WAVES MY HAIR IS SHORT BUT IN FOUR WEEKS WHEN MY HAIR WOLFIN IT THEY GON BE DEEP AS HEEL AND CONNECTING BUT MAIN THING IS BRUSH DONT WORRY BOUT DEM PROMADES
waves as clean as mine cant be kept to myself
checkuponit808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkuponit808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 3:18pm
na brushing your hair over and over is for people with hard hair. If your hair is soft just follow the steps that i've listed above. It's real simple for people who have naturally soft hair like me.
rlinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 3:41pm
yeah like he said it depends on your hair type like if yo hair soft just get pink lotion motorizer dont worry bout the pomade and brush and when youin the shower just shampoo but when you shampoo brush and  when you conditioner get a rinse out one brush that out too and dry your hair 90 percent and brush rest dry but when you  brushing to dry add just a little conditioner -------then put the mousterizer in and brush the main point is you have brush to get waves so brush whenever you can and dont worry bout pomade you dont have to do all dem steps  you can if you want to but you dont have to
Jkid3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 12:23am
yo sorry i ain' get back to yall.....thnx for replyin on my thread tho. i been concentratin on my hair game so i havent realli been on. ima def. hit yall back in a min. 
when in Doubt..Wolf it out!

Before I Self Destruct - February 3, 2008

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7914/dsc00375dj5.jpg
Jkid3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 12:57am
Originally posted by jsvazq jsvazq wrote:

hey i have dead straight hair n it always stick up spike all the time i want to know whai should to get wave in my hair cuz i use the wave cream and my du rag but it didn't work any method

yo, im still werkin on waves myself but ill do my best to help you...first wat race r u? when i started i cut my hair low, and used s-curl act/moist. & pomade but for some reason my hair still stuck up wit da pomade so i quit usin it and switched to carrot creme. the cc worked alott better overnight for me and my hair was nice and matted down flat. since my hair is kinda in between straight/wavy, i dun realli gota brush too much cuz i dont hav nappy roots..meanin good hair i guess, in which i gota just grow it out kinda long for anythin to happen. i use da s-curl act/moist and cc for now, but i plan on gettn let's jam in a little while for some hold. my meth starts while in da shower, i shampoo then brush it in with da grain, wash it out...den put in conditioner and brush wit tha grain..wen i get out, brush wit a softy while its a lil damp den put in da s-curl-brush it in and after a hot min, put in da cc and brush dat in...and put on my dome cap for bed. the next day i wake up, and immed. use s-curl again to moisturize my hair for the day. in the afternoon while im chillin, i use a stockin cap....and then right before bed i use cc and dome cap it. so far i've been lettin my hair grow up for about 5-6 weeks in order to reach my wavelength but im not there yet, cuz it seems i got a really long wavelength. also i've gotten one shapeup, which i get lined up all around to keep everythin lookn neat..durin dis time.

Edited by Jkid3 - November 22 2006 at 1:00am

jsvazq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsvazq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2006 at 7:01pm
hispanic,black
c GiGzZzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c GiGzZzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2006 at 9:47pm
yoOOo J kid u see any improvements in ya hair or anything yet holla at me 1
dips3ttt
Jkid3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 5:12pm
not wavin' yet, gona grow it out more for 4 weeks. its just like my hair is madd healthy and i kinda see s curls developin' on da sides but not the top yet. this my otha thread wit tips frm otha ppl dat helped me...which should help yall for now.

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=47816&KW=

c GiGzZzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c GiGzZzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 7:25pm
yOoo j kid wat does the carrot creme do to your hair?? cuz rii now i only use pink lotion to moisturize then s curl activator but i gotta cop a wave cap hollla at me 1
dips3ttt
Jkid3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 1:24am
cc makes ya hair soft and manageable..it conditions so to speak. i recommend it, it's good stuff and will keep ya ish healthy.

Edited by Jkid3 - December 01 2006 at 1:25am

c GiGzZzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c GiGzZzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 5:17pm
yoOoo j kid so shud i jus fuk wit pink lotion and s curl activator or shud i cop the carrot creme too get at me 1
dips3ttt
Jkid3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 9:42pm
sure whynot, give it a try. i started off using s-curl and nu nile(pomade) but eventually switched to cc from da pomade, and now im experimentin with lets jam. yeah, so try different things, it's all about preference and what works the best for you.

cm0t0wn1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm0t0wn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 9:25am
CHANGE ON THE WAY !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic