Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 4 yr old has straight, fine, thin hair, help...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

4 yr old has straight, fine, thin hair, help...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Meaniejr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meaniejr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 yr old has straight, fine, thin hair, help...
    Posted: October 17 2006 at 11:16am

I'm looking for any ideas out there as I'm at a loss right now and have run out of ideas. My 4 yr old daughter has blonde, straight, fine, thin hair. My husband takes her to daycare in the morning and he has no idea how to curl her hair let alone put it in a pony tail or otherwise. He's tried, but he fails miserably. So basically he combs through and they leave the house. She looks like a mess to say the very least! It's so upsetting b/c I always work hard on putting bows, barretts in her hair to make her look pretty. She knows the difference and she's not happy about going to school looking sloppy either. She told me the other day "my hair is not pretty Mommy." I felt so bad for her. So....I'm desperate for ideas on what to do with her hair. Her hair grows very slowly just like mine. She's four years old and it's not even to her shoulders yet. Do I cut it in a wedge, do I perm it, what do I do? Help, please...............

babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 2:22pm
you can put sponge curlers in it at night and have him take it out in the morning, and toss it a bit that would look pretty. OR maybe you can get some headbands for her that would be very easy for him to do. Or you can cut it real short id go to a place that specializes in childrens hair Do not perm her hair or do anything drastic she has baby hair still.
Babycheeks
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 3:41pm
Hi Why not try putting rags in your daughter's hair , I know its an old fashion way to curl hair, but you get a fantastic curl, which should last a few days.Smile
karen sanderson
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2006 at 12:08am
 Maybe get her a cute bob haircut. I had to do it with my daughter for the same reasons. The bob doesnt require alot of maintaince. Pretty much just brush and go,and on a 4 year old it looks darling.
tashanicole86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2006 at 10:31am
My niece has baby fine blonde hair.  My sister-in-law cut it into a really cute bob when she was 3 years old.  It looks really cute. now she is six and she still wears it that way, she has tried longer but it just didn't work out for them.  Has your husband tried putting it up in a ponytail? Have you showed him how to do the things that you do with her hair?  That might help if you try to show him.
ThisGirl0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThisGirl0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 1:43pm
Oh my gosh, do NOT perm her hair. She's only 4. The last thing you want is to fry her beautiful, healthy hair. Don't do anything drastic. She's four, what her hair looks like isn't that important that you'd have chemically process it.
I agree about the sponge curlers. If she must have it curled for whatever reason, go about it that way. It's the easiest and safest way. Plus, teach your husband how to tie her hair... it's not that hard, he'll learn.

Also, ecourage her to love herself and her hair the way it is. It's not healthy to get worked up over it, especially around her. She'll develop negative self-image. (Not trying to sound like a shrink or anything... I hope you know what I'm trying to say.)
I'd give anything to have my hair back to the way it used to be when I was 4 or 5... if only.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic