Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rag Curlers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rag Curlers
    Posted: February 06 2001 at 3:34pm
Reply to message: 21.1263.1
Thanks for the pencil idea. Started getting ready for this weekend.

I cut old tee shirts into strips about 1" by 8". How do I wrap the rag around the pencil? Do I put them both length wise, or one length wiser and one width wise? I assume you roll the hair winding up around the pencil/rag, then remove the pencil and tie the knot. Is this correct. I want to get it right. Please respond
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2001 at 1:07pm
Reply to message: 21.1263.1
Glad it worked out so well for you. I have done my wife`s hair in stips of towels (her hair is very long and quite thick). The results were terrific sausage curls that lasted all day.

I have found a curler that will produce nearly the same result: http://www.euroteezer.com/beautytips_june_99.html

You will notice that on one model they twisted the hair as they rolled it with really good results. Think we`ll try that next!!
Merlin
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2001 at 11:23am
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip049.htm

After reading this article, I ripped up an old tshirt and proceeded to curl my hair.

I had a hard time wrapping the hair around the rag, so I wrapped/rolled the strip around a pencil first. Then I wrapped my hair around the rag/pencil. when I was done wrapping I pulled the pencil out and tied off the rag on my hair.

works quite well. I get waves in my hair in the morning and my hair avoids tangles.
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2001 at 10:23am
Reply to message: 21.1258.1
Sorry I didn`t see your note before Friday night. For your future reference, Marci`s Retro Style page has an excellent description of rag curlers:

http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/2457/techniques.html

Also, the Sleepers curlers will produce the same results and are a lot easier to use:

http://sleepershairrollers.com/

Finally, there is a product called "Wrap, Snap & Go!" that is very similar to the Sleepers but have plastic ends that grip the hair once it is rolled. Produces great curls! You can get this item at the QVC web site. Here is the info:

Spiral Link 12 Piece Hair Wrap System

Item Number A98118
QVC Price $17.25
Introductory Price $15.71
Shipping and Handling $3.97

Crown your head with a romantic cascade of curls with a little help from Spiral Link. This set includes eight regular and four small rollers plus a convenient carry case. Simply start at the top of head, pull hair straight, wrap hair around roller and then snap on each end. Wraps may be linked together for maximum curl tightness. Photo instructions to create a great hair day are included. Wear while exercising, working around the house, sleeping, and more. Curlers made in USA, case made in China.

Good luck and happy curls!

Merlin
jas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2001 at 7:35am
My wife wants me to set her hair in rag curlers. Can anyone give a detailed explanation how. She wants me to do it Friday Night. Please respond.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic