Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your recommendations for hot rollers, please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your recommendations for hot rollers, please
    Posted: February 09 2001 at 6:37pm
I`m looking for a set of hot rollers, and here is what I seek: preferably only jumbo rollers (many sets have different sizes, but I only need the largest) and most importantly, there must be some "coating" on the roller other than metal (such as a soft felt).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jennifer
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2001 at 9:16am
Reply to message: 21.1286.1
Conair makes a set of jumbo rollers with the flocked coating (like velvet). They are 1 1/2 inches in diameter and come either 5 or 12 to a set. I have used them and they are really good. You can view them at the company web site (conair.com). You might even find a set for sale on eBay. Worth a look. Good luck!
Merlin
claudia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claudia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2001 at 8:07pm
I have the Conair ones too, but if you get them get the Conair little "bear traps" ( I don`t know what you call those thingys). They wouldn`t stay in my hair with the regular hair roller thing they come with. The "little bear claw/traps " come separately. They`re really good to use for a lot of things - (besides catching little bears) like keeping your hair up when you wash your face etc.
cay
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2001 at 3:16pm
Reply to message: 21.1336.1
Merlin, thanks for the wonderful suggestion! I found the 12 roller set at K-mart yesterday and have already used them -- they`re WONDERFUL and exactly what I wanted! I didn`t think it would be possible to find all the rollers the same size, and it`s wonderful not to have to "wait" and reheat the rollers because I didn`t have enough.

I have a set that a kind of velcro surface, and they okay for shorter wisps, but I personally don`t like them on longer hair at all. The flocked coating on the new rollers is absolutely ideal. Thanks again!

Jennifer
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2001 at 3:40pm
Reply to message: 21.1339.1
Claudia, you have me curious about the "bear traps!" What are they?

Jennifer
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2001 at 3:48pm
Reply to message: 21.1339.1
Claudia -- oh wait, are they like the "grabbers" at the top of this page?

http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page136.html

(Btw, I looked around the Hairboutique for an illustration but didn`t seem to see any)

Jennifer
claudia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claudia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2001 at 11:21am
Reply to message: 21.1347.1
Yes, they are. Only they are smaller and they come in a box with about 12. They were right by the Conair rollers, and they hold the rollers in place perfectly. I got mine at Target for 9.99.
cay
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2001 at 10:39pm
i love these rollers...

when I actually roll my hair! lol

Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2001 at 6:36am
Reply to message: 21.1343.1
You`re very welcome. I`m glad they worked out for you. Happy curls!
Merlin
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2001 at 6:38am
Reply to message: 21.1346.1
You can see a picture of them at the Conair website:
http://www.conair.com/hairset1.html

They grip the hair a little more firmly than the typical metal picks - especially if you have fine hair.
Merlin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic